stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Kershaw opens up - 280 Thursday v. SD

I remember one of Hershiser's games, during his streak, he was -340.

If you said there's value in -280, I might not even look at you funny. SD barely hits .220 as a team, and they have to face the best pitcher the games seen since Pedro, in the middle of a steak we haven't seen since Orel.

Might have to consider using in a m/l parlay.

Run line is -130
    You can get +110 -2.5 runs

Bet you the line goes to -300 or greater.
    This is one serious mismatch.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Agree. Actually surprised it wasn't -300. I believe Darvish opened around there once when he was streaking against the Astros. Kershaw is on another level right now and getting some run support. Scary combo.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Maybe this is where he loses let's all load up on the dog

I need a massive score

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

SD+2.5 at that number is an auto bet, 5dimes doesn't have it up yet though.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

100% owned tomorrow...

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

Anyone know much about the pitcher for SD?

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Despaignes been more than solid in his three starts, regression is no doubt on the way but who's to say it's this game. Denorfia might put one in the seats and that's all she wrote, I trust the SD pen ten times as much as the LADs bunch of gas cans if it comes to that.

Kershaws going to get at least double figure Ks though the Padres love having a hack and I think his pitch count will be fine to last really deep (unless the unthinkable happens and he gets hit!).
    Points Awarded:

KRIT gave Mase of Base 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

padres +1.5 and +2.5 lock

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Anyone know much about the pitcher for SD?
    Horrific minor league numbers, walks a few, somehow pitched lights out so far in the bigs. Regression is going to come surely and quickly but when that is I'm not sure.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    padres +1.5 and +2.5 lock
    This. No way in hell should you ever lay that kind of juice in a single MLB game. I don't care how good Kershaw has been -- LA coming back from a road trip, they're a .500 team so far at home, and they have a ton of weak spots in their lineup (Uribe, the young SS, Ethier and Kemp are awful, etc.). The SD kid has been solid so far.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

I know this sounds weird but usually the first -300 you see loses

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Dodgers were only 18-17 in games that Kershaw started last year.
    Kershaw was 1-3 vs the Padres.

I project the Dodgers to win 44 Home games this year, so I got them going 22-14 at home from here on out.
    61.11% Dodger home wins.
    77% Kershaw wins overall (10-3 so far this year)
    62% Padre road losses (16-26 so far)
    83% Kershaw wins after 2 consecutive Dodger losses especially vs worst team in baseball (i pulled this # out of my ass )

I'll project the Dodgers have a 71% chance of winning this game.

At those odds, the line would need to be -240 or better on the Dodgers to play them.

I dont know about other bettors here but I've tried a million different ways to figure out baseball. At this point, i'm just trying to project a % on a given outcome, and then see if the line either has value at the play or it doesnt. If it doesnt, i dont play it. If it does, i play it. So i'm not really even betting teams at this point. I'm betting lines.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 07-10-14 at 01:48 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Darkside Magick gave Plaza23 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

No laying chalk in baseball. It never makes sense. Kershaw no runs given up in all those inning. Padres are horrible and being no hit by Lincecum. 10-0 Padres win because that's baseball for you. Don't lay chalk in this crap sport.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

in all but one of kershaw's wins he has cashed the RL but dodgers coming of a road trip dunno ok tell you what 3 solid bets for me gio gonzalez-homer bailey and best bet scott kazmir leave kershaw alone guys-just my 2 cents

stevenash

@mcherry
    I rarely lay chalk myself, you can bite into the house edge and play LAD if one likes Kershaw in a m/l parlay though.

Ask yourself this, if Kershaw pitched a 4 game series, at home, against this same Padre lineup, starter, and bullpen, how many times would the Dodgers win?

My answer would be 3 times out of 4.

A betting line of -275 converts into 73 percent, or 3 out of 4.
    The line is fair.

p.s. how is baseball a crap sport?

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because bullpens can come in and completely ruin everything in a flash. That's why baseball is a crap sport. But not as bad as soccer now that sport is by far the worst sport ever created.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    @mcherry
    I rarely lay chalk myself, you can bite into the house edge and play LAD if one likes Kershaw in a m/l parlay though.

Ask yourself this, if Kershaw pitched a 4 game series, at home, against this same Padre lineup, starter, and bullpen, how many times would the Dodgers win?

My answer would be 3 times out of 4.

A betting line of -275 converts into 73 percent, or 3 out of 4.
    The line is fair.

p.s. how is baseball a crap sport?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14296

There were times when Pedro went off at close to -400. It would be tied 1-1 in the 7th and he would be out of the game and that -400 was now riding on Alan Embree.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

I remember one of Hershiser's games, during his streak, he was -340.

If you said there's value in -280, I might not even look at you funny. SD barely hits .220 as a team, and they have to face the best pitcher the games seen since Pedro, in the middle of a steak we haven't seen since Orel.

Might have to consider using in a m/l parlay.

Run line is -130
    You can get +110 -2.5 runs

Bet you the line goes to -300 or greater.
    This is one serious mismatch.
    That much disparity between run line and money line is always a red flag for me. You can save 150 cents of juice and just hope they win by 2 instead of 1. Seems too easy just to take rl. These are the kind of games you could parlay padres rl with dodgers ml and win WAY more times than you ever should.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Because bullpens can come in and completely ruin everything in a flash. That's why baseball is a crap sport. But not as bad as soccer now that sport is by far the worst sport ever created.
    Here's the thing, you have to 'cap the teams 'pen, and you also have to know who in the 'pen is not available to go that night. Back in the day 60 different pitchers made 40 starts a season, going seven inning plus each game, no need to cap a bullpen. Today, 20 pitchers make 33 starts, and nobody, except Wainwright, Kershaw, and a couple others go eight innings. Cliff Lee used to, no more, Verlander, no more, hell Stras only goes 6 and a third. If the starter you are backing has a leaky 'pen behind him, and is not a long distance hurler, hit the FF line.

Handicap the bullpens, baseball can be very profitable, but you got to do your homework, 90 minutes a day or else it's just throwing darts.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I remember along time ago when the Mets were very good and when Doc Gooden was pitching there was no ML.! Just a run line of 3-3.5 !! True story guys!!

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

How did the over valued Yu Darvish do yesterday... no value here for either side.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

We have a baseball forum for all of your baseball ideas junior.

USE IT

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Don't see either team doing much damage at the plate and Diego might not do ANY. Runs should be at a premium in this one lean under. Highly likely Kersh extends his scoreless inning streak here in a 1-0 snoozer possibly.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

-280 on kershaw against the Padres is good value.

Here is why. B/C the Dodgers have 95% chance to win.

the Padres starters numbers are misleading. In each of his last 2 outings he has walked more than he struck out.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you bet Kershaw i anything but a parlay you need to quit gambling today

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If you bet Kershaw i anything but a parlay you need to quit gambling today
    it will be in a 5 teamer. might even take -2.5

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Even in a par I wouldn't even consider more than -1.5 here Bear. Pitcher friendly park and this kid from Diego has been rock solid did you see how bad L.A. was after the first inning in the motor city? I've never gone -2.5 on a rl and rarely play them at all but if I did then it would be a special event when L.A. is hitting well and maybe facing one of the Rocks shitbag pitchers in Colorado with Kersh on my side lol.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 07-10-14 at 08:43 AM.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    We have a baseball forum for all of your baseball ideas junior.

USE IT
    I guess I missed the memo where a baseball topic can't be discussed in Players Talk.
    If you brought something to the table, or weren't so fat and ugly, or wasn't such a stiff, or a decent poker player, or had an ounce of credibiity, we all might take you seriously slick.

But this isn't just about baseball junior, it's a about value, odds, possibilities, intangibles.
    What I know about things, you'll never learn, now run along and work on your next scam.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ZIPPER HEAD

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Even -1.5 is juiced so staying away from straight bets but did add Dodgers to a parlay

CIN -167
    LAD -285
    LAA -127
    OAK -120

1U to win 6U

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

If you are a true gambler, and you are up for the week, and you can afford it, the only question really is...Who wins the game, not the price of it. If you thing SD wins bet them. If you think LAD win bet them, many people are always scared off by the ML. They do that for a reason, to scare you into taking a foolish bet you really wouldn't take. If there was no line for this game, Who Would You Take ???

sploofdogg
    sploofdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Despaignes been more than solid in his three starts, regression is no doubt on the way but who's to say it's this game. Denorfia might put one in the seats and that's all she wrote, I trust the SD pen ten times as much as the LADs bunch of gas cans if it comes to that.

Kershaws going to get at least double figure Ks though the Padres love having a hack and I think his pitch count will be fine to last really deep (unless the unthinkable happens and he gets hit!).
    First true insight on this board. Despaignes has definitely been in command. Could be a gem. I always like a large dog when the public is all over the huge favorite. Probably throw $200 on SD for $500 profit. Who knows, definitely gonna be a judgement call around first pitch.

stevenash

^
    Great post 44mag
    However, some would say, if you got the three, why do you need the one?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by sploofdogg View Post
    First true insight on this board. Despaignes has definitely been in command. Could be a gem. I always like a large dog when the public is all over the huge favorite. Probably throw $200 on SD for $500 profit. Who knows, definitely gonna be a judgement call around first pitch.
    Who knows indeed, I remember a 2 and 14 Larry McWilliams taking Fernando to school at +240

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    If you are a true gambler, and you are up for the week, and you can afford it, the only question really is...Who wins the game, not the price of it. If you thing SD wins bet them. If you think LAD win bet them, many people are always scared off by the ML. They do that for a reason, to scare you into taking a foolish bet you really wouldn't take. If there was no line for this game, Who Would You Take ???
    exactly. some of us get to caught up in the lines too much looking for value...

i always like to look at the schedule and do my handicappin before i even look at the lines.

sometimes lines have a way of influencing decision making and steering you in a certain direction.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

^
    Great post 44mag
    However, some would say, if you got the three, why do you need the one?
    OK, Steve, not sure what you are referring to here ???. BOL in your wagers today. One last thought about this game, obviously if someone is unsure of the outcome, pass on the game entirely, there are a lot of other good games to wager on. Never mind I get the "three" you were talking about. TX, & BOL.
    Last edited by 44 Mag; 07-10-14 at 09:21 AM.

123 Last