daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Worst pitching matchup of the year tomorrow

Stultz vs Jurrjens. O/U 11

I kinda think these guys get knocked out early and it gets handed over to the pens, who are halfway decent. Leaning under 11

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Stultz is not that bad...

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jurjens got tagged for 8 runs in 4 innings his last start but that was against the angels and the padres aren't capable of doing that kinda damage I don't think.. Stultz held the giants to 0 runs striking out 6 in 7 innings his last start and Rockies seem lost at the plate this series.. Under has hit twice easily in a row this series and both were set at 10.5

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Jurjens got tagged for 8 runs in 4 innings his last start but that was against the angels and the padres aren't capable of doing that kinda damage I don't think.. Stultz held the giants to 0 runs striking out 6 in 7 innings his last start and Rockies seem lost at the plate this series.. Under has hit twice easily in a row this series and both were set at 10.5
    Jurjens was against the dodgers not the angels but I agree, the padres don't hit like that. I think 11 is high. With the padres taking the first 2, Colorado will be out and Jurjens will need to bring his A game. I'd actually like the Rockies as opposed to the total. Playing a total at 11 is similar to playing an under at 6...very tough to hit IMO

Best of luck!!

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Dude I get that ballpark and all, but you should always fade these huge overs at Coors. They hit big numbers sure, but they've turned it into square central. These 10.5 and 11 totals? With the freaking Padres?! They can't hit, bit have solid relievers. I wouldn't take an over with the Padres in middle school parking lot game.

nskokov
    nskokov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Under 11.5 at -120

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Very tempted to take the under here also, hopefully we can even get +ev with the hook.

farmhouse1

My bad all I saw was LA. But they've actually split the first two games and I don't think I could back the Rockies with a pitcher who I have no idea what is capable of. I mean padres are also 4-1 in Eric stults last 5 starts against the Rockies... Why you like the Rockies?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth3 View Post
    Jurjens was against the dodgers not the angels but I agree, the padres don't hit like that. I think 11 is high. With the padres taking the first 2, Colorado will be out and Jurjens will need to bring his A game. I'd actually like the Rockies as opposed to the total. Playing a total at 11 is similar to playing an under at 6...very tough to hit IMO

Best of luck!!

farmhouse1

Well if jurjens could pitch a half decent game the padres can get themselves out they're really good at that.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth3 View Post

Best of luck!!
    They split the first two and I'm on Rockies again

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Stultz is not that bad...
    For his last few starts. All at home in the most pitcher friendly park in the league. He hasn't been great at home, but he's been awful on the road. He can't strike anyone out in a league where everyone strikes out. Still 11.5 is so much. Padre & Rockie pens aren't that bad.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Can you imagine taking over 11.5 in a game in which the San Diego Padres are participating in?? YIKES!
    Points Awarded:

mikmik gave Regul8er 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Under looks like a fine play, but ive never seen someones reasoning for an under being the starters getting knocked out early....

azsportswin
    azsportswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11188

7 home runs hit in this game and it stays under....wow!

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Can't believe it

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Neither of these guy went more than 5. Bullpens shut it down after that