govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

soccer would be way bigger in the US

if the games werent so dang long... its stupid... 90 minutes??? play a 60 min maybe even less... its clear especially in these tight matches that the goals dont come until they absolutely haveeeee to score. its a 90 minute snooze fest then 4 goals scored in 5 minutes in some games... right after they go into over time.... no way they couldnt play that hard during the 90 minutes... they just have no desire too plus they would be worn slap out... some of these games going 90 plus 30 then pks??? thats 2 games worth there... i just believe if you shorten the matches soccer would be big over here also... and you'd have to take away the ability to end in a tie... Americans dont tie... thats what you did in T'ball when you were 12... yes i know theres a tie every now and then in the NFL but rarely... less than one a year right? anyway just my thought on it... they coulda just skipped to the ot in most of the games thats where the fun was... and pks are exceting too to me... less flops, shorter games, no ties... soccer would be a huge sport in the US... what yall think

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by govolz View Post
    if the games werent so dang long... its stupid... 90 minutes??? play a 60 min maybe even less... its clear especially in these tight matches that the goals dont come until they absolutely haveeeee to score. its a 90 minute snooze fest then 4 goals scored in 5 minutes in some games... right after they go into over time.... no way they couldnt play that hard during the 90 minutes... they just have no desire too plus they would be worn slap out... some of these games going 90 plus 30 then pks??? thats 2 games worth there... i just believe if you shorten the matches soccer would be big over here also... and you'd have to take away the ability to end in a tie... Americans dont tie... thats what you did in T'ball when you were 12... yes i know theres a tie every now and then in the NFL but rarely... less than one a year right? anyway just my thought on it... they coulda just skipped to the ot in most of the games thats where the fun was... and pks are exceting too to me... less flops, shorter games, no ties... soccer would be a huge sport in the US... what yall think
    what sport do you watch that is less than 90- minutes in duration? Commercial breaks count.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

futbol is very popular in USA during world cup.

Pro Soccer is mostly in Europe and not on tv for Americans.

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    what sport do you watch that is less than 90- minutes in duration? Commercial breaks count.
    none... that has nothing to do with this... noone wants to sit there and watch a game non stop for 90 minutes... during commercials you get up, get ya a beer, stretch ya legs come back and game is back on... theres no way you can tell me they played as hard during any of the ninety minutes as they do as soon as OT hit... first half was a feel it out... so you got to watch them kick it around for 45 minutes... then they try to score the first ten or so of the second half... if not they were content to go to OT where it was all balls out and goal after goal... now obv no OT in reg season but think how exciting you could get the game if you cut out all that unnecessary bull crap fellin the team out, kicking hoping for a tie with 20 min to go as many teams did.... its dumb... you get soccer scores up to 6-7 goals a game bc of less time, no ties, cut all the bull crap flopping out and cut the time down and it would be huge here... i dont think anyone would argue that.

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    futbol is very popular in USA during world cup.

Pro Soccer is mostly in Europe and not on tv for Americans.
    bear... no shit.. did u read what i said in the thread? im talking about bringing it over here and it getting big... you see the fanbase it had and hell we werent even that good

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

none... that has nothing to do with this... noone wants to sit there and watch a game non stop for 90 minutes... during commercials you get up, get ya a beer, stretch ya legs come back and game is back on... theres no way you can tell me they played as hard during any of the ninety minutes as they do as soon as OT hit... first half was a feel it out... so you got to watch them kick it around for 45 minutes... then they try to score the first ten or so of the second half... if not they were content to go to OT where it was all balls out and goal after goal... now obv no OT in reg season but think how exciting you could get the game if you cut out all that unnecessary bull crap fellin the team out, kicking hoping for a tie with 20 min to go as many teams did.... its dumb... you get soccer scores up to 6-7 goals a game bc of less time, no ties, cut all the bull crap flopping out and cut the time down and it would be huge here... i dont think anyone would argue that.
    About 2 billion viewers in the world love this format. Only a small minority of Americans likes to watch 10 seconds of sports followed by 2 min of commercials about vaginal itching and erectile dysfunction.
    Points Awarded:

Booya711 gave pavyracer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wikkidinsane gave pavyracer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sinmiedo, and zizoudane10

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Never met someone who liked commercials. Except my wife loves the Super Bowl bc of over hyped commercials.

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    About 2 billion viewers in the world love this format. Only a small minority of Americans likes to watch 10 seconds of sports followed by 2 min of commercials about vaginal itching and erectile dysfunction.
    only a small amount of amricans like "10 sec of football and 2 min of commercials'??? a small minority???? ever american watches that in basketball, football, college sports? please explain a small minorty of americans like that... 10 out of 10 americans would pick a college football game over any soccer game... i didnt say that the rest of the world liked that i just simply said thats what it would take to get americans interested huge into soccer...

but pavy please explain a small minority of americans like that format? thats all we watch?? very stupid statement

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Never met someone who liked commercials. Except my wife loves the Super Bowl bc of over hyped commercials.
    obviously less commercials would be great but then all that wouldnt be possible. Thats how everything is paid for is by advertising...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Go out in the streets and do a poll. Ask average folks if they like to watch commercials after every first down in football and see what they answer. I didn't say Americans don't like watching football. If they had a choice they would cut down on the commercials.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

obviously less commercials would be great but then all that wouldnt be possible. Thats how everything is paid for is by advertising...
    Soccer is very profitable. They found a way to not interrupt the game. There is advertising while the game is played. Have you ever watch the signs behind the out of bound lines?

govolz

Go out in the streets and do a poll. Ask average folks if they like to watch commercials after every first down in football and see what they answer. I didn't say Americans don't like watching football. If they had a choice they would cut down on the commercials.
    lol there ya go... thats not what you said tho... you said very few americans enjoy and you over exagerrated... obviously there isnt 10 seconds of play and 2 min of commercials... thats dumb...

you go out in the street and ask an american if they would rather watch a college basketball game or a soccer game... 10 out of 10 pick college basketball, football anything but soccer... its known as a pansy sport over here... the flops are ridiculous and i guess its just part of the game and soccer fans are cool with it... you flop in a sport over here you get fined... you had a guy admitting in a press conference he flopped twice in the 1st half but the third one that was called and won the pk on was a real one lol... but i enjoyed it but im just giving facts of what would have to be done for it to make it big over here... which it will never be

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Soccer is quickerst pro sport
    It's why it's watchable

Most very fast

USA has to bet to be popular

DrRuss
    DrRuss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

noone wants to sit there and watch a game non stop for 90 minutes... during commercials you get up, get ya a beer, stretch ya legs come back and game is back on
    Bro, you got ADD! What are you fidgeting for? Sit your ass down. Why are you stretching your legs every 2 minutes? Slow down with the beer, too.

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Soccer is quickerst pro sport
    It's why it's watchable

Most very fast

USA has to bet to be popular
    ty for making your 3 betpoints on that useless post in here lol. Now go do the same you did in 20 other threads just post 3 lines of non info to bump the thread lol
    cheers

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by DrRuss View Post
    Bro, you got ADD! What are you fidgeting for? Sit your ass down. Why are you stretching your legs every 2 minutes? Slow down with the beer, too.
    lol... so why isnt soccer popular over here? were used to the commercials... im not saying get up every commercial lol im just saying watching a team kicking a ball for 90 min straight scoring few goals bc they cant go all out for that long and the possibilites of a tie and the horendous flops... itll never be big here.... 80% of america wont watch another soccer game for 4 years... and you saw yesterday just bout every person in america were excited for that game... soccer could be huge here but not in the format its played in

jjgold

Soccer is quickest moving game I have ever seen
    USA sports are whore shit with interruptions
    Govel your on drugs

jjgold

Paver you win
    100% correct

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Most Americans just don't get it....as an American who lived overseas and played in multiple countries...soccer is life.

I love basketball and football too...but to OPs point about who wants to watch 90 minutes straight?? This is how I feel about 162 baseball games a year...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Pavy gets it...

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

im no expert on soccer I do see youth 20's and teens (suburbian white youth) really really following this sport much more than say the recent olympics . So if that generation who will be the money makers in the next few decades move in that direction and their kids it could actually happen here. This is not just a situation where the deomgraphics in the country are changing and more soccer infused heritage (latino for example) is now here and the sole driver for the interest in soccer. I think what Im seeing and what is important is this is also
    white suburb american youth and that is where the money is and many future trends evelove from.

jjgold

We Burried Govels

Sandwichman
    Sandwichman's Avatar Become A Pro!

only a small amount of amricans like "10 sec of football and 2 min of commercials'??? a small minority???? ever american watches that in basketball, football, college sports? please explain a small minorty of americans like that... 10 out of 10 americans would pick a college football game over any soccer game... i didnt say that the rest of the world liked that i just simply said thats what it would take to get americans interested huge into soccer...

but pavy please explain a small minority of americans like that format? thats all we watch?? very stupid statement
    this comment is proof of how stupid americans are. I guess you prefer to watch a 4 hour football game with 15 minutes of action.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

The only way soccer will be popular here is that the U.S. have to produce a homegrown megastar!....nothing more...nothing less!

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    The only way soccer will be popular here is that the U.S. have to produce a homegrown megastar!....nothing more...nothing less!
    no way possible... its just too boring and the rules are so different and the non action is terrible... I dont care if you took lebron and manziel and tebow and put them on a team with ten superstars from over seas and had a team or league US aint watching it. Its too much of a snooze fest. We like high scoring games. Everyone loved watching baylor last year. Not bc they had a huge superstar but bc of the pts they put up. Im not saying soccer is dumb. I respect it and also not saying they should change the rules or format. simply saying noone no matter who you had playing could build up a huge sports base with the current format.... too little scoring, too many crying sissy calls to the ref(and not just them, you watch griffin or cp3 and many more cry to the refs) but you flop in sports youre looked at as a crybaby and a cheat... hence getting a fine for floppin... also a tie lol no way... imaginge if you watched a baseball game and they just called it after 15 innings every time... youd be like wtf i just watched all that for a 8-8 final???? again not bitching about it thats their sport and very popular, but would love to see a team here as it was fun to watch the world cup but itll never happen bc americans cant get into it... cfl and arenal leauge fb would get more views than a soccer team here... no question about it

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We Burried Govels

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

bear... no shit.. did u read what i said in the thread? im talking about bringing it over here and it getting big... you see the fanbase it had and hell we werent even that good
    I agree lets enter the MLS teams in the English Premier League.

No reason they cant have USA travel to Europe and vise versa if they only play once a week.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

No reason they cant have USA travel to Europe and vise versa if they only play once a week.
    FIFA won't allow it. Each nation federation must have its own league.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Loll..u cant do that shyt.. even if it could happen..team would be regulated in first season..lmaoooo

Sandwichman
    Sandwichman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Loll..u cant do that shyt.. even if it could happen..team would be regulated in first season..lmaoooo
    that's a major problem with all American sports. Their is no promotion/relegation in any professional sport. In Europe almost every sport has it.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

the field is to big , the gold box is to big , the game is to easy

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

All terrible ideas here loaded with misinformation. They play just as hard every minute of the game. You take your 5 samples this rd where games didnt have scoring and you think you have the answer key. You know nothing about soccer if you believe what you posted except for the flops. You're obviously correct about that.

jjgold

soccer is fine in usa

I do not think anyone worried

networks in bidding wars now for international soccer games

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

who can sit there for 90 minutes and watch people flopping and crying that someone kicked their shin

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    who can sit there for 90 minutes and watch people flopping and crying that someone kicked their shin
    not americans lol

12 Last