TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Where in Africa do you find athletes that are better in any sport than African Americans in the US, besides long distance running?
    Endurance is a big part of soccer

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

we got booted at the same stage, just four years later. fckn klinesmann, would it have really hurt his ego to let donovan finish those goal chances in front of net. you know he would have done so.

TheCentaur

But if you watch these kids growing up, it is very clear that the black kids are overall better athletes. They grow faster, taller, bigger for their age. It is a fact.
    I'm willing to concede this to you if you're willing to concede whites are overall smarter and more civilized

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Like I said there are exceptions. For every talented black lacrosse player there are 10 great white NBA players

I have seen with my own eyes supremely athletic football and basketball studs time after time attempt to play baseball and soccer and it's sad. Sure it's possible the country's inner city youth population is a sleeping soccer giant but it's very likely you're wrong.

The whole thing about black girls watching is bull shit but i think you know that
    Really not bullshyt...go to any black high schooll football game...cats is playing for their mother and chicks in the stands.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Darkside Magick 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

You obviously have no clue what motivates young black men or any men for that matter??? A big part of why I chose the University of Florida was because of pussy. I'd guess that was a factor for at least 60% of the other guys too. Not sure what planet you're living?

It is almost impossible to teach a teenager/adult how to play baseball or soccer at that late stage. You have to catch them early or like you said, it's a sad story. The inner city is not a sleeping soccer giant because inner city youth don't give a shit about soccer. Change their attitude about the sport, show them the upside and you might be able make a dent but like I said, you have to motivate the mom's and girlfriends too. If they don't see a future, they aren't going to encourage him to participate.

If soccer in the US is going to get better, then it's going to need better athletes. That is a fact.

Like I said there are exceptions. For every talented black lacrosse player there are 10 great white NBA players

I have seen with my own eyes supremely athletic football and basketball studs time after time attempt to play baseball and soccer and it's sad. Sure it's possible the country's inner city youth population is a sleeping soccer giant but it's very likely you're wrong.

The whole thing about black girls watching is bull shit but i think you know that

Mac4Lyfe

Depends on your definition of smart and civilized. If you want to use statistics and what we would call normality then you are probably right. It doesn't mean all white kids are poor athletes or that all black kids are dumb. But if I'm looking for a kid to start my sports team or a kid to start my chess club, I'll generally know where to look. But there's always exceptions.

I'm willing to concede this to you if you're willing to concede whites are overall smarter and more civilized

Mac4Lyfe

I saw a lot of standing around and hands on hips today.

You would think the Kenyan's would have an advantage in endurance but pure burst SPEED is probably more important??? Then there's skill level, coaching, scheme, etc. Soccer is not as nearly as easy as I'm trying to make it by just throwing athletes out there. But it is very clear to me that USA soccer needs an influx of talent.

Endurance is a big part of soccer

TheCentaur

Depends on your definition of smart and civilized. If you want to use statistics and what we would call normality then you are probably right. It doesn't mean all white kids are poor athletes or that all black kids are dumb. But if I'm looking for a kid to start my sports team or a kid to start my chess club, I'll generally know where to look. But there's always exceptions.
    Thank God you're reasonable

I really don't think it is a given though that American blacks would be dominant at soccer. Explosiveness and speed needed for basketball and football are only a small part of soccer.

A muscular sprinter would make some runs early in the first half against a parked bus defense and be toast the rest of the game. It isn't a coincidence that so many shots and goals are made later in the second half. Guys are tired and you only get a limited amount of subs if ur playing professionally or at a high level.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think it's a given either BUT you can't tell me that we don't have any better talented players than what we had out there today? Look at that kid Matt Besler. He was fukking awful. He was slow as shit, couldn't stay in front of Lukaku and was completely owned in extra time. Like I said before, I believe we have defensive backs with little to no training could do a better job then that shit job. Do you really think Lukaku would have owned Richard Sherman like that? Richard Sherman would have shut his ass down today. Which really shows how pathetic our guys are. Dempsey? Bradley? WTF? I am 100% sure that we have better athletes on the playgrounds right now then those dufus fukks.

Thank God you're reasonable

I really don't think it is a given though that American blacks would be dominant at soccer. Explosiveness and speed needed for basketball and football are only a small part of soccer.

A muscular sprinter would make some runs early in the first half against a parked bus defense and be toast the rest of the game. It isn't a coincidence that so many shots and goals are made later in the second half. Guys are tired and you only get a limited amount of subs if ur playing professionally or at a high level.

First ... 4567