k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Is McDermitt really going to be a top 10 pick?

Remember everyone here dissed this alligator arm white kid...not even worthy of being top 20...

If chorllette does not draft him he drops far..

I want to bet over 9.5 but jordan is an idiot...idk

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21329

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Remember everyone here dissed this alligator arm white kid...not even worthy of being top 20...

I don't think he'd drop that far.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Not an athlete and can't create his own shot, but he's light years ahead of his peers when it comes to understanding how to play the game.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Not an athlete and can't create his own shot, but he's light years ahead of his peers when it comes to understanding how to play the game.
    Guy will be able to score one on one. Post positioning and footwork are top notch in my opinion. I agree his basketball IQ is superior to many others in this draft and the fact he played 4 years of college counts for something as well.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder if he's up Mark Price formally of Cleveland Cavaliers type??

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20232

He can flat out score. I'd just worry about him on the defensive end, but it's not like that many players play defense anyways.

jjgold

never liked white guys from USA, I feel more comfortable with Euro whites.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

lolz... he has been the most heavily defended player in college the last 4 years and still the best scorer... he was unstoppable... best pure shooter and best bball iq to come out of the draft... again, he has been nba ready for at least 2 years...

Go Beavers
    Go Beavers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This kid will be a stud. Went to Ames high in iowa and played with barnes. Barnes got all the media hype but McDermitt is the better player imho. Live and work in ames and caught a few of thier games. Fun to watch em both at HS level

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He doesn't get past the Bobcats. Whisper of promises there.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Guy will be able to score one on one. Post positioning and footwork are top notch in my opinion. I agree his basketball IQ is superior to many others in this draft and the fact he played 4 years of college counts for something as well.
    bingo.

only someone who has never watched him play would say he was unathletic and unable to score 1 on 1.

no one in college could guard this guy 1 on 1. hes a high motor guy who is always moving, always running from sideline to sideline and cutting to the basket. no defender could stay with him. i swear he runs a mile more than anyone else.

the big question mark for me is can he knock down the 3 from nba distance. 3 was a huge part of his game in college and opened up the rest of the floor for him. so if he can knock them down he'll be a star but if not he'll be a bust.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    bingo.

only someone who has never watched him play would say he was unathletic and unable to score 1 on 1.

no one in college could guard this guy 1 on 1. hes a high motor guy who is always moving, always running from sideline to sideline and cutting to the basket. no defender could stay with him. i swear he runs a mile more than anyone else.

the big question mark for me is can he knock down the 3 from nba distance. 3 was a huge part of his game in college and opened up the rest of the floor for him. so if he can knock them down he'll be a star but if not he'll be a bust.
    A lot of guys don't watch what happens off the ball. I used to love watching Reggie Miller and how hard he worked off the ball to get open. McDermott sprints from defense to offense and gets to his spot on the block before the defender knows what happened. Guys like that work harder before they get the ball, so when they do get the ball, the rest is simple.

KRIT

No one moves better without the ball than Dougy Buckets. I think he actually has a chance to be pretty good.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

you right about that!!! Jordan is a fukkin idiot and terrible evaluator of talent.

Jordan trying to be a business man and draft white boy so that white people might actual care about the sport. charlotte is a predominatly black city.

jjgold

His foot speed could hurt him in an athletic league like the NBA

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

he'll probably go top 10 but most likely will be adam morrison 2.0

jordan likes this kid that much? why?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    lolz... he has been the most heavily defended player in college the last 4 years and still the best scorer... he was unstoppable... best pure shooter and best bball iq to come out of the draft... again, he has been nba ready for at least 2 years...
    Heavily defended vs. inferior competition. Let's see him get his shot off vs. LeBron.

I'm not exactly sure what you are contesting about my post. He was an unstoppable college player. So was Morrison and Fredette. There's a big, big difference.

Akajason18
    Akajason18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

tough. he either goes to char at 9 or see him go to the suns to replace bledsoe if he walks

KRIT

Heavily defended vs. inferior competition. Let's see him get his shot off vs. LeBron.

I'm not exactly sure what you are contesting about my post. He was an unstoppable college player. So was Morrison and Fredette. There's a big, big difference.
    There is a difference between Dougie and those guys. Fredette was a midget and couldn't play the PG position in the NBA. Kings basically drafted him hoping he would be a 6-foot SG. Morrison was thin as a rail. At least McDermot has some bulk and size, he should have no problem getting his shot off in the NBA. Both Morrison and Fredette were at a big disadvantage from a physical standpoint.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    There is a difference between Dougie and those guys. Fredette was a midget and couldn't play the PG position in the NBA. Kings basically drafted him hoping he would be a 6-foot SG. Morrison was thin as a rail. At least McDermot has some bulk and size, he should have no problem getting his shot off in the NBA. Both Morrison and Fredette were at a big disadvantage from a physical standpoint.
    Agree, though McDermott won't be trying to play the 2 either. He's not big or strong enough to be a 4 or quick enough to be a 3, and he's going to be a defensive liability.

There are many things McDermott's going to bring to the table, and what you see is what you get, which is a tremendous asset as well. I'm just not sure he's going to be anything other than a solid, serviceable NBA player. He's a "safe" pick definitely, but his upside and potential is pretty limited.

jjgold

Jordan is dumb as far as nba talent

He just does not know players

I think a mistake

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

I'm all for white guys but why Charlotte. ..He's more like 16th pick to me.

Jordan must feel white guilt lol

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Jordan may think he's the next Kukoc. Dougie isn't that versatile though. I'm never big on white players in the NBA, think Stauskas will be a bust. Dougie can make a name for himself in the league though. I think he's the first white kid I've given a chance to be successful, maybe ever.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Jordan may think he's the next Kukoc. Dougie isn't that versatile though. I'm never big on white players in the NBA, think Stauskas will be a bust. Dougie can make a name for himself in the league though. I think he's the first white kid I've given a chance to be successful, maybe ever.
    Say what? Going back, there are plenty of examples, but what about Kevin Love? Is he not successful or not white enough?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Say what? Going back, there are plenty of examples, but what about Kevin Love? Is he not successful or not white enough?
    Just speaking of my opinions on players coming out of college.

KRIT

Agree, though McDermott won't be trying to play the 2 either. He's not big or strong enough to be a 4 or quick enough to be a 3, and he's going to be a defensive liability.

There are many things McDermott's going to bring to the table, and what you see is what you get, which is a tremendous asset as well. I'm just not sure he's going to be anything other than a solid, serviceable NBA player. He's a "safe" pick definitely, but his upside and potential is pretty limited.
    I agree with you on McDermott not having a true position. Too small for PF's, and not quick enough for SF's. Even if he did have a true position, he would still be a defensive liability. I really hope he does well though, always liked him at Creighton.

raydog

morrison and fredette were unstoppable? he is 2x the player both those kids were/are... now i understand why you are so confused... you are comparing him to them and are ridiculously off base

fwiw, he will score, at will, on lebron too.. lebron too lazy to chase him around all night...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

That black kid on villanova is more athletic than almost nba in the nba mcdermott is a very tough cover he could actually bully lebron in the post probably

KRIT

morrison and fredette were unstoppable? he is 2x the player both those kids were/are... now i understand why you are so confused... you are comparing him to them and are ridiculously off base

fwiw, he will score, at will, on lebron too.. lebron too lazy to chase him around all night...
    Your trippin my friend. All three of those white boys had very similar college careers.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    He doesn't get past the Bobcats. Whisper of promises there.
    That's what I'm hearing also. If McDermott is there at 9, Charlotte will take him, if for some reason he's gone, than they're likely to take Stauskas. Either way, they're looking to take a shooter with the pick. Those two guys are probably the best pure shooters in the draft.

raydog

my god... some of you cant be helped

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    That's what I'm hearing also. If McDermott is there at 9, Charlotte will take him, if for some reason he's gone, than they're likely to take Stauskas. Either way, they're looking to take a shooter with the pick. Those two guys are probably the best pure shooters in the draft.

no doubt... and best bball iq's

KRIT

my god... some of you cant be helped
    Ok big guy. Tell me how McDermott's college career is SOOOO different than Jimmer's and Morrison's. I watched a ton of all three of them, all similar games (offensive juggernaut, no defense, high volume scorers, etc.) All started to produce in their sophomore season and finished strong in their last year. Oh and they all led the nation in scoring in their last year in college. Yeah....they really are sooo different. C'mon.

McDermott final year: 26 ppg
    Morrison final year: 28 ppg
    Jimmer final year: 28ppg

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Personally, I like McDermott. He's not the best athlete you'll ever see, but he's got a great stroke, and he has a high basketball IQ. Sometimes the smarter player with less athletic ability ends up better than the great athlete who doesn't have as good a feel for the game. McDermott can't rely on god given natural ability like Wiggins can, he has to work harder than those guys to maximize his potential. I've watched enough of his games to know the kid can play, and I think he would be a great pick for Charlotte.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Just speaking of my opinions on players coming out of college.
    So you didn't think Love could be successful? Your opinion not worth much then.

12 Last