No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

No. 1 pick in NBA Draft: Jabari Parker +100

Edit by Admin: Check out the NBA Draft Prop Bets list.

A good wager? Trying to figure out if the Cavs will come to their senses and take Parker No. 1 over Wiggins. Seems like an obvious choice to me. I think Parker will be the best pro from this draft hands down.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

+100

Why are they hanging that # ? What are they trying to get us to do ?

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Cavs split between the two...

50/50... Could trade out too

Ask lebron

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Dunno if there's any truth to this or if it's important but the idea is out there:

Jabari Parker - F - Player

Jabari Parker may have "tanked" his workout with the Cavs over the weekend, a source told Chad Ford of ESPN.com.

The "Sorry for Jabari" tanking storyline just took an interesting turn here. Parker reportedly came into the workout weighing in at a hefty 255 pounds, which is well above his listed playing weight of 235. CBS Sports reported that the Cavs are leaning to Parker, but maybe this will dissuade them after last year's massive letdown with out-of-shape Anthony Bennett.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wiggins has much more upside than Parker

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

what happened to their last no1 bennett lol

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Dunno if there's any truth to this or if it's important but the idea is out there:

Jabari Parker - F - Player

Jabari Parker may have "tanked" his workout with the Cavs over the weekend, a source told Chad Ford of ESPN.com.

The "Sorry for Jabari" tanking storyline just took an interesting turn here. Parker reportedly came into the workout weighing in at a hefty 255 pounds, which is well above his listed playing weight of 235. CBS Sports reported that the Cavs are leaning to Parker, but maybe this will dissuade them after last year's massive letdown with out-of-shape Anthony Bennett.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info, Seto, and actually contributing something to the thread -- as opposed to Skkkammy, who has nothing better to do that troll (mostly because he never has anything worthwhile to offer).

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Wiggins has much more upside than Parker
    I think they'll both be solid pros, but I actually think Parker has a better overall skill set.

Sam Odom

NC

You post more threads about Book's numbers and how 'they' want to manipulate the unsuspecting bettor than any poster here...

Sammy was just asking

jjgold

A couple of scouts said Parker has very little upside

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

jabroni parker will be the biggest bust of the draft if anyone is foolish enough to select him #1 overall.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

Sam Odom

Wow... JJ is on top of this

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Link?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

OF COURSE you are gung ho on Parker being better than Wiggins. Such a no coin basketball opinion.

As far as the bet, I don't really see the point. I read they were still going to take him despite the "tanking" but there's no way to really know.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    OF COURSE you are gung ho on Parker being better than Wiggins. Such a no coin basketball opinion.
    What does that even mean?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What does that even mean?
    Let me just guess your reasoning. "Intangibles".... Wiggins isn't a "winner".... Parker is the "safe pick."

You realize the immense upside Wiggins has don't you? Please tell me that much at least.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

As far as the bet, I don't really see the point. I read they were still going to take him despite the "tanking" but there's no way to really know.

Do you even understand what you are saying, EVER???

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    jabroni parker will be the biggest bust of the draft if anyone is foolish enough to select him #1 overall.
    for biggest bust i would say its bennet , hes a flop and just a check casher

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Let me just guess your reasoning. "Intangibles".... Wiggins isn't a "winner".... Parker is the "safe pick."

You realize the immense upside Wiggins has don't you? Please tell me that much at least.
    Parker is a much more polished, efficient, physical, well-rounded basketball player. I have no idea what you mean by intangibles when comparing the two, or Wiggins not being a "winner," given Duke flamed out early in the NCAA Tournament and really didn't accomplish much of anything compared to Kansas this past season. Wiggins has an unknown upside, of course, because he's the type of freak athlete that NBA teams love to take a chance on, but it's not like Parker's done progressing as a basketball player either -- or that he's not a terrific athlete himself.

Seriously, what's happened to you man? This place has really gotten to you.

Sam Odom

Projection
    is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.

t-wizzle

Parker is a much more polished, efficient, well-rounded basketball player. I have no idea what you mean by intangibles when comparing the two, or Wiggins not being a "winner," given Duke flamed out early in the NCAA Tournament and really didn't accomplish much of anything compared to Kansas this past season. Wiggins has an unknown upside, of course, because he's the type of freak athlete that NBA teams love to take a chance on, but it's not like Parker's done progressing as a basketball player either -- or that he's not a terrific athlete himself.

I'm not saying I don't like Parker. He'll be a good player. But Wiggins has the ability to give you more. His defense and rebounding are far and away better and his offensive game will become more polished over time. I don't put much stock in college because that style of Game restricts many great athletes with the system offenses, zone defense, etc.

I'm on record here saying I'd take Embiid. Regardless of injury. I've been touting this guy since January because he gives you Olajuwon type skills along with an Ibaka type jumpshot. If he becomes an injury riddled player then so be it but I can't pass on the best player in the draft.

Lastly, you always throw in that last comment and I'm not sure what it means but you can keep tossing it in at the end of your posts if you'd like.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.
    Do you honestly have nothing better to do than troll this thread right now? Seriously?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    Stop duke hating.

He'll be fine. Elton brand type

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm not saying I don't like Parker. He'll be a good player. But Wiggins has the ability to give you more. His defense and rebounding are far and away better and his offensive game will become more polished over time. I don't put much stock in college because that style of Game restricts many great athletes with the system offenses, zone defense, etc.

I'm on record here saying I'd take Embiid. Regardless of injury. I've been touting this guy since January because he gives you Olajuwon type skills along with an Ibaka type jumpshot. If he becomes an injury riddled player then so be it but I can't pass on the best player in the draft.

Lastly, you always throw in that last comment and I'm not sure what it means but you can keep tossing it in at the end of your posts if you'd like.
    Wiggins is a better defender and more impressive at the rim. Not sure I'd say he's clearly the better rebounder. I don't know if I'd give him any checkpoints over Parker beyond that at this point in time, though -- including his motor. I guess it all comes down to how much the Cavs want to gamble on something they believe they will see someday vs. what they already know they'll get.

Embiid is the biggest risk of all, and not because of his game, which is nothing short of amazing given how little organized ball he's actually played. I could deal with a foot injury, but I don't want to mess with back issues. Just too much uncertainty in my book.

I think you can figure that last comment out, and I think you know full well what it means. You waste an inordinate amount of time battling ghosts in the night here, and it's changed the way you post. Your initial post here -- making some snide remark trying to pigeonhole me with a "gotcha" moment vs. just discussing and debating Parker vs. Wiggins -- reflects that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Stop duke hating.

He'll be fine. Elton brand type
    I can't stand Duke personally, and I'm not a Parker fan by any means. I'm just going by what I see.

Sam Odom

Got $$$ on fútbol

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I think he's Glenn Robinson 2.0 with a little more athleticism. He will probably be the best scorer in this draft, however, he currently can't defend.

jjgold

He sure didn't show any promise at Duke was dominated by lots of teams

Duje lost a lot

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

He sure didn't show any promise at Duke was dominated by lots of teams

Duje lost a lot
    Duke won 26 games and Parker posted 19 and 9. Yep, they were dominated a lot.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Cavs should just poll the board then do the opposite. So many outstanding opinions here.

k13

Wiggins now -150.. Parker plus money.

crap i missed out

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Whats Wiggins #1 odds? I think he goes first easily to pair him with the KING

edit* nevermind I see it above. -150, too much to lay

k13

Wiggins a lock now.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Wiggins is now -350 to go #1. Seems a bit steep, everything I'm hearing is that the Cavs still don't know who they want to pick at #1.

Exum draft position Over 3.5 is +170. That seems like great odds. Of course an international guy could slip. We already know Wiggins/Parker will be the top 2 picks, is it really that much of a lock that Exum goes #3 to Philly? I don't see how he fits in with MCW.

I like Randle to get drafted before Vonleh and Gordon. I think Randle Under 7 is a solid bet at -110 juice.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Wiggins is now -350 to go #1. Seems a bit steep, everything I'm hearing is that the Cavs still don't know who they want to pick at #1.

Exum draft position Over 3.5 is +170. That seems like great odds. Of course an international guy could slip. We already know Wiggins/Parker will be the top 2 picks, is it really that much of a lock that Exum goes #3 to Philly? I don't see how he fits in with MCW.

I like Randle to get drafted before Vonleh and Gordon. I think Randle Under 7 is a solid bet at -110 juice.
    -420 now.

Side note to anyone betting at 5dimes: Any player besides Wiggins to go first is +300 right now while Parker to go first is +240

12 Last