ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

NBA Draft coming up soon

Edit by Admin: Check out the NBA Draft Prop Bets list.

Anybody give a flying fukk?

Great draft with a lot of shit that could happen.

Speculation of top 10?

I'm thinking

1) Wiggins
    2) Parker
    3) Randle
    4) Embid
    5) Exum
    6) Vonleh
    7) Smart
    8) Gordon
    9) Stauskas
    10) Dougie
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 06-25-14 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Update it with news... Like Embid's injury.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

I'm interested. Kind of hope Celtics do something to get K Love.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

My top 10...not what I think will happen but what each team should do in my eyes.

Embiid
    Wiggins
    Parker
    Gordon
    Vonleh
    Randle
    Exum
    Smart
    McDermott
    Young

No way Exum goes to 7 though. Orlando will take him but as an Orlando supporter, would love for them to take Gordon then snag my man Ennis at 12. Solid core to rebuild with in Ennis/Oladipo/Gordon.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's a non event

Chalke let's worry about major-league baseball and the World Cup and more importantly worry more about your marriage

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    I'm interested. Kind of hope Celtics do something to get K Love.
    I really like their chances.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Embiid is the second coming of Hasheem Thabeet so if Cleveland takes him...they're getting a stiff

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It's a non event

Chalke let's worry about major-league baseball and the World Cup and more importantly worry more about your marriage
    My marriage is fukkin' at current. I appreciate the concern.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Embiid is the second coming of Hasheem Thabeet so if Cleveland takes him...they're getting a stiff
    No way. Thabett was a stiff when he was healthy. Embid has shown incredibly ability. His back is the issue. His talent is unquestioned in deep draft. It's so good, you take the risk.

Cuse0323

I really think Embiid has to go number 1. Thabeet was always a bum and Joel has shown way more in a short time than Thabeet ever did.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    No way. Thabett was a stiff when he was healthy. Embid has shown incredibly ability. His back is the issue. His talent is unquestioned in deep draft. It's so good, you take the risk.
    I watched Embiid pretty much daily down the road in Lawrence and I tell you he really lost a lot of respect when he jaked that injury towards the end of the year. The word around town is that he's a baby about pain, and that back injury was really nothing and it was his handlers that pulled him from playing in the NCAA tournament to make sure he didn't risk further injury because he's the meal ticket for his family. When Senior night came around Wiggins was treated like a God as a freshman and Embiid was basically kicked to the curb. There's a lot of hype there, and what people are going to see there he's all dunk and no shot just like Thabeet and Oden

Dirty Sanchez

Bill had a lot of problems with him getting thrown around by bigger guys because he was thin and he would get winded very easily. When he get's banging with the guys in the NBA like Dwight, Lopez, Gasol, Cousins, and Noah he's going to get eaten alive if he doesn't get in the weight room and also toughen up. Sure he looked great when he thumped the patsies, but when he went against the better quality talent he got in foul trouble and you saw be was kind of ineffective.

Cuse0323

Could be but just so hard to find a center that you have to take him and hope he's not the next Oden.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Could be but just so hard to find a center that you have to take him and hope he's not the next Oden.
    Agreed...it's a crap shoot...you never know...I can tell you the red flags are out on him

Cuse0323

Agreed...it's a crap shoot...you never know...I can tell you the red flags are out on him
    Yeah, he's the epitome of boom or bust.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Should be a good draft. I think you have to take Embid #1 unless doctors say no. The guy is so gifted, he could be an all-time great when his career is over. He was one of the few guys in college who actually improved on a game-to-game basis.

4-10 looks like a crapshoot. A lot of good talent in there. An urgent message to any GM: ​DO NOT DRAFT ZACH LAVINE.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once they go pro, my give a shit level drops to zero. I'm a college follower. NBA blows and it's no coincidence that it has to do with early entries.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Cavs taking Parker.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Cavs taking Parker.
    Any links speculating on that? I really doubt it, seems they are looking at Embiid the most.

jjgold

The only guy watchable in the NBA will be Wiggins

Parker will be a disappointment

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The only guy watchable in the NBA will be Wiggins

Parker will be a disappointment
    Sure thing 3rd shift. There will be plenty more than one player watchable in this draft. It's a deep draft and might not have superstars but plenty of players that will make an impact in the league for years. Love a lot of the players projected from the late lottery and on, even some 2nd rounders.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i'll go on record and say no top 2 overall pick will ever be as awful as thabeet.

i was furious that the griz were even thinking about drafting the stiff when they were next to last in scoring and already had a good young center in marc gasol. it made no sense whatsoever drafting the useless flag pole. they could have drafted harden, curry, evans or derozan instead.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would take Wiggins first and run with it.....Like Embiid but the injury thing scares me a little

Such a deep top 10....Could be more stars than the usual 3 or 4

KRIT

There is a good chance Embid could be Oden. Hampered with injuries which eventually ruins his career early. But if he stays healthy, he will be special. He's the ultimate high risk-high reward player. Neither Wiggins or Parker is good enough imo to pass on Embid.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    i'll go on record and say no top 2 overall pick will ever be as awful as thabeet.

i was furious that the griz were even thinking about drafting the stiff when they were next to last in scoring and already had a good young center in marc gasol. it made no sense whatsoever drafting the useless flag pole. they could have drafted harden, curry, evans or derozan instead.

Damn, forgot how terrible a pick that was. Imagine Memphis with any of those players, would be so much easier for Conley with any of those guys running with him. Z-Bo and Gasol down low.

KRIT

Damn, forgot how terrible a pick that was. Imagine Memphis with any of those players, would be so much easier for Conley with any of those guys running with him. Z-Bo and Gasol down low.
    He was so dominant in college though! But yes, huge bust.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    He was so dominant in college though! But yes, huge bust.
    He just never showed any skills on offense and he was always a toothpick. It's one thing dominating down low in college and being able to block shots but in the pros it's tough to do the same against the best athletes. Hindsight is 20/20 though so I don't blame them but damn.

Embiid needs to get stronger too but at least he has some offensive skills. Thabeet couldn't catch a beach ball floating to him.

KRIT

He just never showed any skills on offense and he was always a toothpick. It's one thing dominating down low in college and being able to block shots but in the pros it's tough to do the same against the best athletes. Hindsight is 20/20 though so I don't blame them but damn.

Embiid needs to get stronger too but at least he has some offensive skills. Thabeet couldn't catch a beach ball floating to him.
    Thatbeet had zero offensive game. All he was good for was put backs and garbage buckets at ucoonn. He couldn't even score on the block in college. I think scouts thought they could teach him and he would learn. Like Embid, I think Thabeet started playing basketball real late (i think), so I could see why scouts thought he had room to grow as an offensive player.

Embid has post moves. He was taking people to school on the low block in the second half of the season. You could see him getting better each game. Big men are tough to judge, because it is so easy for them to dominate with just their size and physicality. That' ain't flying in the NBA when every big man is 235 lb and above.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Will Jerami Grant make the 1st round?
    WIll CJ Fair get drafted?

Where will D league criminal PJ Hairston go? (UNC)

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    Will Jerami Grant make the 1st round?
    WIll CJ Fair get drafted?

Where will D league criminal PJ Hairston go? (UNC)
    Grant will be a first rounder because of his upside and athleticism. CJ Fair's game doesn't come across as one that translates well to the NBA level.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I would take Wiggins first and run with it.....Like Embiid but the injury thing scares me a little

Such a deep top 10....Could be more stars than the usual 3 or 4
    I agree with this, I would take Wiggins if I was Cleveland. To many questions with Embiid, now I see he hurt his foot and won't work out for any teams, the guy's body is already breaking down and he hasn't even gotten into the league yet, tremendous upside with Wiggins, although drafting a Canadian first last year didn't work out so well for them.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

cavs need to get wiggy with it.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Should be a good draft. I think you have to take Embid #1 unless doctors say no. The guy is so gifted, he could be an all-time great when his career is over. He was one of the few guys in college who actually improved on a game-to-game basis.

4-10 looks like a crapshoot. A lot of good talent in there. An urgent message to any GM: ​DO NOT DRAFT ZACH LAVINE.
    agree with lavine...everyone is in love with upside and his athleticism....the few times i saw him play he did not look like a good basketball player

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

I watched Embiid pretty much daily down the road in Lawrence and I tell you he really lost a lot of respect when he jaked that injury towards the end of the year. The word around town is that he's a baby about pain, and that back injury was really nothing and it was his handlers that pulled him from playing in the NCAA tournament to make sure he didn't risk further injury because he's the meal ticket for his family. When Senior night came around Wiggins was treated like a God as a freshman and Embiid was basically kicked to the curb. There's a lot of hype there, and what people are going to see there he's all dunk and no shot just like Thabeet and Oden
    ya it sounds like a shit situation if you are a jayhawks fan....but did you expect the guy to look out for himself and family or kansas? think about how everyone was questioning clowney and his "motor" after a kind of subpar year....and then you think and look back and remember that there were people telling him he should sit out the year to avoid injury because he was the surefire top pick

jjgold

Wiggins will be number 1 pick

KRIT

And just like that.....Embid has a foot problem. Could fall far in the draft now.

123 Last