If USA Best Athletes Played Soccer We Would Be One Of Favs Every Cup

In USA they hamburgers pursue soccer or they failed athletes

In other Countries all their best play soccer

Guys nothing more to say

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

The game is more "skill oriented" than "athletism"
    if the best athletes in the US played soccer they would only be competitive if they had the ball skills.
    These skills are honed during an upbringing that lives and breathes the sport.

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

We just don't breath soccer like other countries. Too many filler sports at a young age. Kids playing multiple sports at a young age. These kids in the rest of the world are kicking a ball all day and night. Soccer is just not our nations first love. Even I used to hate it. I played when I was a kid but stopped at 12 and played 3 sports (football, basketball, baseball) with baseball being my best. Now I love to watch and wish they pushed kids into soccer more when I was younger because USA would be a better squad. We are still at least 25 yrs (a generation) away from really competing in my opinion. We have never had a super player in a country of 250 million+

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Guys nothing more to say
    Its just a tough comparison...an argument you can't win either way

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

What are you talking about? Soccer is jammed down the throats of all our kids around here. I could not field a baseball team many times because all my best players were in some "kick it" tournament. Judging by what I heard from the kids and parents concerning soccer, there is no doubt in my mind that the main reason why a highly populated country like the USA sucks in soccer is because of the clueless coaches that are running the American soccer shitshow.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Corbon has officially lost it...facepalm

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

A degree of truth to this actually. There's like 3 black people in England and they're all on the soccer team. If the $ and popularity were there and it encouraged US athletes to play soccer as opposed to other sports, US would be a top team every year.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    A degree of truth to this actually. There's like 3 black people in England and they're all on the soccer team. If the $ and popularity were there and it encouraged US athletes to play soccer as opposed to other sports, US would be a top team every year.
    There's quite a large population of blacks in England, ignorant comment.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    There's quite a large population of blacks in England, ignorant comment.
    1.9 mil (3%) in GB
    compared to
    about 39 mil (12.6%) in the US.

It was a little sarcastic, but 3% isn't exactly "quite a large"

Dr.Gonzo

1.9 mil is quite large you idiot

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Settle down Gonzer. I admit 1.9 is quite large compared to 39 mil. You win

Dr.Gonzo

I accept you were being facetious with the 3 black people comment but you didn't know there was 1.9 mil or you wouldn't have made that comment.

Just burying yourself further now.

shooterman

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-26-14 at 04:42 PM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    1.9 mil (3%) in GB
    compared to
    about 39 mil (12.6%) in the US.

It was a little sarcastic, but 3% isn't exactly "quite a large"
    If you ask anyone in England, it is way too large.

Stats not all accurate as many are illegals.

Anyway, those west Africans would do nothing in soccer like they do in the nba/nfl.
    Last edited by SBR Contests; 06-15-14 at 01:46 PM.

DrRuss
    DrRuss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

"athlete" in USA has too broad of a meaning. You can't tell me that a linebacker is really an athlete, when he requires oxygen after running 10 feet...

As far as soccer - we just haven't wielded a good enough squad yet, that's all. It's not that we don't have the people or the material base. The MLS teams have it much better than most of the countries competing in the World Cup.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you live in USA you know what I mean

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by DrRuss View Post
    The MLS teams have it much better than most of the countries competing in the World Cup.
    Lmaoooooooo....are you serious

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Quote Originally Posted by shooterman View Post
    What are you talking about? Soccer is jammed down the throats of all our kids around here. I could not field a baseball team many times because all my best players were in some "kick it" tournament. Judging by what I heard from the kids and parents concerning soccer, there is no doubt in my mind that the main reason why a highly populated country like the USA sucks in soccer is because of the clueless coaches that are running the American soccer shitshow.
    Spot on !

DrRuss

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Lmaoooooooo....are you serious
    Yes. The facilities of an MLS team are 1000x better than the mudhuts Ghana uses for locker rooms. Or what's available in Greece, if you want an European example.

Let's not forget that in the last World Cup we were in the same group as England and finished top of the group. Yet Ghana beat us...

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Guys nothing more to say
    100% false. Soccer players start as young as 3 years old and play their whole lives. Has nothing to do with failing at something else. If our most athletic guys started playing soccer later in life, it would be too late to even be on the same playing field of guys who have been playing daily for 20+ years
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

WHY DON'T YOU POST A LINK TO THE THREAD FISHEAD STATED WITH THE EXACT SAME THEME FROM 4 YEARS AGO DURING THE LAST WORLD CUP
    2nd shift JJ

DrRuss

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    100% false. Soccer players start as young as 3 years old and play their whole lives. Has nothing to do with failing at something else. If our most athletic guys started playing soccer later in life, it would be too late to even be on the same playing field of guys who have been playing daily for 20+ years
    Btw, our local school (very small and underfunded) has a soccer program that starts in first grade, both girl and boy teams And they play every Saturday against the neighboring small and underfunded school.

There is plenty of soccer in the US, most parents choose to ignore it. It's been like that for at least 20+ years, which is why we've done exceptionally well in the recent World Cups. We could've had even better chances this year, if it wasn't for that oyster Klinsmann picking kids with no soccer experience whatsoever, just so he can ensure Germany goes through the group stages.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    If you ask anyone in England, it is way too large.

Stats not all accurate as many are illegals.

Anyway, those west Africans would do nothing in soccer like they do in the nba/nfl.

Usa has to rely on all their slaves to hope to win anything that's pretty pathetic for the rest of the 300 million people.

Well if we'd had all our negros playing soccer we'd win for sure.

They'd still lose....

Negroes? Wtf . Admins please ban

wikkidinsane

In Jamaica, (that's where im from if you fuks didn't know by now), our Track and field and cricket programs are nationwide and thats why we perform so good internationally in these sports. Not to mention our Island is very mountainous and it is ideal to bread world class runners. If Jamaica had enough resources like the states we wold probably have better basketball players too because more money would be spent on developing programs from an early age. You guys have to realize too USA as a whole, is a very big country and getting everyone on the same page is a tedious task.

shooterman

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-21-14 at 10:25 AM.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

Thats why Brazilians are so good. Soccer soccer soccer all day long

DrRuss

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Thats why Brazilians are so good. Soccer soccer soccer all day long
    Pleeeese, that's why they need the ref to give them a fake penalty against Croatia... Name one Brazilian soccer team off the top of your head? No, I'll wait.. Now ask any foreigner anywhere in the world to name one NBA team, $hit, they'll likely name more than most Americans could.

Brazil is wrongly considered the best team, true, they have won 5 world cups, but only 2 of them have been in the past 45 years, and before that there were only 16 teams in the WC. Not to mention that Brazil wasn't even in the top 4 in the last 2 World Cups. Hardly an amazing team, just a myth. And we see how most of the games are refereed by FIFA, Brazil may have been spectators this year in their own country, if FIFA didn't push them along.

-----

This "it's the only sport" BS may be true for countries that can afford just one ball, but there are other sports played, besides soccer, everywhere else in the world - basketball, volleyball (another weirdly unpopular sport in the US, although we have a top team), tennis, etc.

Brits are the ones that love to talk most about how they play soccer since 3-year-olds, but if you look at the EPL - it's mostly foreigners and their national team has been sheet for ever. For all their youth-soccer-playin they have been in a World Cup final just once
    Last edited by DrRuss; 06-15-14 at 10:26 AM.

pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

follow the money. most American kids(or their parents) see the money made in the nfl, nba, mlb so kids play those sports. what people say about soccer, 'well they play it from a young age in the rest of the world' whatever, it's the same here in American it's just with different sports. that's why outside of soccer the best athletes in all other professional sports play here in the US. I don't know if we would dominate, but would be on par with the best from around the world if our best athletes would play soccer. but right now they are spread out amongst various other sports, because that's where they see the money/fame to be made down the road, so that's where they gravitate towards. show there is major money to be made in soccer, and I'm sure more kids would show more dedication to sticking with soccer here in the states.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Guys nothing more to say
    Jj wtf is they hamburgers ? Or wtf is they faile.d atheletes. Nothing more to say. With turd threads like this please spare us and dont say anything else.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I'm sure you made this thread a few years ago

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

The greatest athletes using your logic should come from countries like Sweden, Denmark and Iceland. They are the healthiest nations and also produce the tallest males.

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-21-14 at 10:25 AM.