robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Here's A Lead For JJ Golds

Owner of California Chrome did an interview with Good Morning America or another outfit. It said he gave his phone # out in the interview if people wanted to complain. Just saying this seems like a good lead for one of your skits if you could get his #, call, and actually talk to him. It could be a classic.

Below is the ESPN story

A night of sleep did little to calm California Chrome co-owner Steve Coburn, who continued his rant against Belmont Stakes winner Tonalist and the Triple Crown rules on Sunday in interviews with ABC's "Good Morning America" and ESPN.

More from ESPN.com
    California Chrome co-owner's rant ruins what should have been a great story. Story

With another Triple Crown bust now in the history books, the hue and cry will begin all over again to change the series. Story

Davidowitz: A tactless tirade
    Duckworth: Belmont blues
    Cronley: Back to basics after Belmont
    West: He just wasn't good enough
    Stats & Info: Notes on Belmont
    Ehalt: Disappointing day for Coburn
    Before a crowd of tens of thousands hoping to see history, the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner finished in a dead-heat for fourth with Wicked Strong. California Chrome's loss extended the longest drought without a Triple Crown champion to 36 years. Then, in an interview with Yahoo! Sports Saturday, Coburn called the horses that skipped the first two races of the Triple Crown and just raced in the Belmont Stakes "cheaters" who took the "coward's way out."

On Sunday, the 61-year-old Coburn said he had no regrets about his comments Saturday and continued to rail against the Triple Crown system, which allowed Tonalist to race Saturday even though the horse didn't compete in either the Kentucky Derby or Preakness Stakes.

"It says Triple Crown. You nominate your horse for the Triple Crown. That means three," Coburn said in the track-side interview with ESPN on Sunday. "Even the Triple Crown trophy has three points on it. So when you earn enough points to run in the Kentucky Derby, those 20 horses that start in the Kentucky Derby should be the only 20 allowed to run in the Preakness and the Belmont for the Triple Crown."

He also made a questionable analogy of why Tonalist's participation Saturday was unfair.

"These people nominate their horses for the Triple Crown and then they hold out two [races] and then come back and run one," Coburn told ESPN. "That would be like me at 6-2 playing basketball with a kid in a wheelchair. They haven't done anything with their horses in the Triple Crown. There were three horses in this race that ran in the first two -- California Chrome, Ride on Curlin and General A Rod -- none of the other horses did. You figure out. You ask yourself, 'Would it be fair if I played basketball with a child in a wheel chair?"

Coburn made the analogy in both interviews Sunday morning. He was asked in the "Good Morning America interview" if he considered the comparison offensive.

"No, I'm just trying to compare the two," he said. "Is it fair for me to play with this child in a wheelchair? Is it fair for them to hold their horses back?"

Coburn said he has no problems if people label him a "sore loser" and even proceeded to give out his phone number so people can call him with their complaints.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Corbin calling Coburn could be good

robmpink
    Update your status

There are so many angles you could take with this call.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Corbin could teach Coburn a thing or two about sportsmanship.

Coburn could give Corbin a few pointers on sprucing up his wardrobe.

Everybody wins here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How do get his number?

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How do get his number?
    I'm not a paid researcher for the SBR machine, but if he openly gave it in these interviews, I gather it isn't hard to come by.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Coburn could give JJ a run for his money in the rants department. That would be a great morning sports talk show "Corbin & Coburn" All Rants All The Time, Start Your Day With a Big Cup of Rant Could be epic.....

jjgold

I would start off soft and then top him saying it was a bad ride on jockey end .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I would start off soft and then top him saying it was a bad ride on jockey end .
    That would be great, by the end of it he would threaten to fly to Jersey to kick your a$$. If it happens, we want video!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I would start off soft and then top him.

jjgold

Mayan good catch

Classic

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I don't think Victor gave Chrome a bad ride...the horse just didn't have the gas after a long campaign against fresh horses

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I don't think Victor gave Chrome a bad ride...the horse just didn't have the gas after a long campaign against fresh horses
    I did, CC had the dream trip one back asleep on the rail and then somehow he ends up four wide on the turn, terrible ride. Wouldn't of mattered as he was done anyway but it should of been closer. I didn't bet on the race just wanted to see history so lost no money on the ride.

robmpink
    Update your status

How do get his number?
    Do it.

As mentioned in the video is the tele# right at the end.

robmpink
    Update your status

Good chance he gets his # changed.

jjgold

called number

just goes to voice mail