gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

Horse racing needs more of this guy.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Whole family was very sad, he probably had someone bet a couple hundred grand on his horse when he should have been betting on his horse to lose.

mnpickle
    mnpickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3194

I'm surprised this owner of a multiple-stakes winner horse said something so juvenile... He doesn't understand horse racing... Pick the races that your horse can win. Tonality and commissioner were bred for this distance. Tonality is based in NY, and was coming off some injuries earlier in the year. A good owner/trainer probably targeted the Belmont, and this is just a great ending for that horse.

He probably doesn't even realize the best horses on the planet are those older than 3 years old...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Just like interviewing an athlete right after a game, they're going to be fired up. If you interviewed him now it'd be a totally different experience. Who cares? How many of you, me included, post stupid shit right after a game that our team lost?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

Afleet Alex and Point Given dominated the Preakness and Belmont and they ran in the Derby; they were true champions

You had a shot dude

Quit yer' yappin' son
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave StackinGreen 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mnpickle
    mnpickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3194

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Just like interviewing an athlete right after a game, they're going to be fired up. If you interviewed him now it'd be a totally different experience. Who cares? How many of you, me included, post stupid shit right after a game that our team lost?
    A part of me agrees with you, but a part of me thinks that this guy wasn't an athlete... He was the money... It's similar to when Mark Cuban or Irsay freak out after a loss... Laughable...

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Afleet Alex and Point Given dominated the Preakness and Belmont and they ran in the Derby; they were true champions

You had a shot dude

Quit yer' yappin' son
    Point Given was a stud...
    or is he now??

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

what was wilford brimley so angry about?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    what was wilford brimley so angry about?
    what is diabeetus, Alex?

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22121

When they interiewed the winning owner he was told about the coward statement and asked if he had anything to say about that. This guy showed the class that the other asshole lacked when he simply said, " I have no comment about that."

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The old guy is a REAL man... speaks his mind

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    When they interiewed the winning owner he was told about the coward statement and asked if he had anything to say about that. This guy showed the class that the other asshole lacked when he simply said, " I have no comment about that."
    Settle down Nancy

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    2 of the very best there's been. Both of those were WAY better horses than Cali Chrome. Not even close. And they only took 2 of 3.

That's why there hasn't been Triple Crown winner in 30+ years.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Nothing wrong with the rant...he spoke truth

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4476

Is it on you tube yet?? Wanna to see this A-hole!!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3393

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Is it on you tube yet?? Wanna to see this A-hole!!
    Post #22 of this thread.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most horsemen have class and respect

He went out a loser and try to make a mockery of the race he will pay

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Disagree, who wants to see a crown winner every 5 years or less. This format is what makes the TC special, besides Chrome a good horse not great.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

A bunch of degens on an gambling forum judging another mans reaction to a horse race he lost...sbr is on full blast today! CLASSY! Lol what an overused word that has become! Class! 9/10 who throw that word around have no clue.

jtoler

^^^more emphasis put on speed the last 30 or so years than distance might be the reason for that.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    I agree.Espinoza was in a very good article talking about how things have changed, of course hes biased but some good points http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/2014...ever/10043185/

Main points were of the article were that until recently usually the same horses ran and the field got smaller with every race but the size of modern-day fields in all of these Triple Crown races with new horses being brought in is why we havent had a Triple Crown in 36 years.

No triple crown winner has ever run at Belmont with more than 8 horses. The last triple crown winner Affirmed beat 10 other horses at kentucky derby, 6 other horses in the Preakness and four others at Belmont.

This was the last triple crown winner Affirmed at Belmont, just 5 horses in the whole race and you had Alydar and Affirmed putting on one of the great races of all time, you dont need tons of horses in all these races.

Now its around 20 horses in the kentucky, 12 horses at the Preakness and 11 at belmont with fresh horses being brought in for the belmont and horses skipping the Preakness. The number of horses is crazy at the kentucky derby with 20, California chrome beat more horses at the kentucky derby than citation did in 1948 in all three races of the triple crown.

Of course , none of this would have mattered to Secretariat who set speed records at all three tracks that remain to this day.

I just wish Steve Coburn had of used the word Dagnabbit or Hasenpfeffer when he was raging

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

This guy was a real asshole to begin with he was super cocky in the horse. I wish this horse was in the hands of the Moss's instead of this asshole. Won't be surprise if he sells poor chromey to a slaughterhouse.

ProPicker713
    METS!

We probably won't see one for a long long long time. reason is there are way bigger fields now than back in the days. plus the best shot we really had was I'll have another last year, but i'm starting to believe horse racing is rigged just like all other sports and SBR's Poker.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273569

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    This guy was a real asshole to begin with he was super cocky in the horse. I wish this horse was in the hands of the Moss's instead of this asshole. Won't be surprise if he sells poor chromey to a slaughterhouse.
    that is way out of bounds imo.

how did you leave belmont so fast? Im reading horror stories of the crowd trying to leave !

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

<iframe src="https://vidd.me/e/YEq" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

This guy reminds me of every old timer I've ever check raised at a poker table

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    that is way out of bounds imo.

how did you leave belmont so fast? Im reading horror stories of the crowd trying to leave !
    Don't get me wrong I wanted Chrome to win. I had big bets on Samraat and Commanding Curve but there running style today was very different. I don't know what the hell Jose Ortiz was doing taking the horse all the way in the back. I left as soon the race was official. I live 15 mins away. Clear your pms

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post

This guy reminds me of every old timer I've ever check raised at a poker table
    Cough*hockey216*cough

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

You're an idiot...and don't know what you're talking about. Art Sherman is a class guy and trainer....the owner blew his stack in the heat of the moment...when you slam the cameras in a guys face he blew it...enough said...but don't be an ass about him trashing the horse. The friggin horse came from a small farm..and if you knew where the horse came from you wouldn't be saying squat

Swift Thinking
    Swift Thinking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 385

Secretariat is rolling over in his grave right now .. lol

a champ is a champ

ProPicker713
    METS!

DirtySanchez I'm not trash talking Chrome, I love the horse and best believe I was there screaming my guts out for him to win once I seen Samraat and Curve no where in site, also I did not say anything thing about Art, I play him all the time and profit at golden gate. STEVE COBURN is a cocky SOB, I hope they give chrome a break and bring him to the classic in November to romp that field.

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    You're an idiot...and don't know what you're talking about. Art Sherman is a class guy and trainer....the owner blew his stack in the heat of the moment...when you slam the cameras in a guys face he blew it...enough said...but don't be an ass about him trashing the horse. The friggin horse came from a small farm..and if you knew where the horse came from you wouldn't be saying squat
    Btw I knew where the fukkin horse came from obviously.

ProPicker713
    METS!

All i'm saying is I hope they rest chrome, forget about the Belmont now that it's over and just focus on bringing him back fresh for the breeders cup classic. I think Coburn would be happy with a rebound win in the classic.

ProPicker713
    METS!

Tonalist really ran the race chrome was suppose to run, he was right around the front the whole way and just ran his life out at the end. If you look at the PP's the horse wired the field in the Peter Pan at Belmont during his last race, and second behind him in the peter pan was your 2nd place finisher today, Commissioner.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Btw I knew where the fukkin horse came from obviously.
    Of course Chrome will get a break...Coburn and the rest of those people had never had that much attention in their lives, and I put some of the blame on the networks jamming the cameras on the guy in the heat of the moment when they knew he would be upset....but obviously the blame is squarely in his lap. They will pack up and head back to California where they cab hide for a while...but I will guarantee you no trainer would of had that horse ready any better than Art Sherman....no matter what that wind bag said

First 1234 Last