View Poll Results: Do you hope Sterling wins his lawsuit against the NBA?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 67.24%
  • No

19 32.76%
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11005

James since you are tight with sterling youve gotta let him know that going around to black churches right now is extremely transparent and those with brains are not buying it

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9954

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    James since you are tight with sterling youve gotta let him know that going around to black churches right now is extremely transparent and those with brains are not buying it
    He is trying to get right with nba fans and players. Not those with brains. Those populations are, for the most part, mutually exclusive of one another.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    He is trying to get right with nba fans and players. Not those with brains. Those populations are, for the most part, mutually exclusive of one another.
    u dont think most nba players and fans have brains to see through this charade??Who are u behind the keyboard typing? Donald sterling himself!?!?!?!!

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post

NBA tried to f with the big boys and didn't think they'd get a fight, good luck with that.

Sterling seems pretty racist but no one deserves to get stabbed in the back the way he did, the media put him through the wringer on top of that so I'd do the same. He's already won though getting that much for his team although surely at his age he doesn't need any more money.

Would be nice if he wins he gives a bit back to a minority scholarship type thing not that I'd expect him to however.
    I agree with virtually everything you wrote here mase of base, except the very last part. He (she actually for now) will donate a fortune to black charities after all this, but he has already in the past. Don was scheduled to get his SECOND lifetime achievement award (other was 2009) at the 2014 LA NAACP CHAPTERS 100 year anniversary gala. No person, not MLK not jesse Jackson not president Obama or Bill clinton ever got two of this award. If you think white multi billionaires with a somewhat checkered past regarding race relations get lifetime achievement awards from the NAACP for small donations you are extremely naive.

I would prop bet any person here they can take any three African Americans in the world and I will take the sterling family trust by itself. Bet will be who donates more dollars to minority charities in next 12 months. I will even lay 7-5 on the bet. Any takers? We can state the clock and post the money any time you like. Don has many faults but lack of charitable giving is not one of them.

As to home1975 point I agree he should stay out of black churches right now, but as I have been saying SINCE DAY ONE OF THIS SCANDAL Don is no longer "at his best" Mentally and telling multi billionaires how to behave is tough sledding.

homie1975

$45,000 to the naacp really earns big awards doesnt it

homie1975

Oops only $5000 ?

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Yes, everyone has the right to be racist. Specially since he employs a lot of them. That's like the owner of a landscaping company hatting Mexican people. He still gives them work and they make him money so it's a win-win. They don't like it they can go work somewhere else, he doesn't like it he can hire Americans and make less money. Just like Sterling could have an all-white team and miss the playoffs every year, that's his fuking right.

James D

$45,000 to the naacp really earns big awards doesnt it
    LOL yeah 45k got him TWO lifetime achievement awards . Just because it's on in the internet doesn't make it true. BUT If you want to stand by your statement we can place a wager on it . Wager can be any amount you like and I will provide absolutely definitive proof that 45k is not the number, it's higher.

Balls in your court

James D

Oops only $5000 ?
    LOL again place your bets or crawl away

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope he wins..

So we can riot in LA...

Love that shi!!!!!

James D

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I hope he wins..

So we can riot in LA...

Love that shi!!!!!

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I hope he wins..

So we can riot in LA...

Love that shi!!!!!
    You can lead the minorities but please dont let the gays be involved. You guys don't need to give them another platform for their agenda. Let them toss each others salads behind closed doors.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    why do u have sterling cawk so far down your throat. Is he paying u now that v stiv threw him under the bus?!?!

James D

Oops only $5000 ?
    LOL yeah 45k got him TWO lifetime achievement awards . Just because it's on in the internet doesn't make it true. BUT If you want to stand by your statement we can place a wager on it . Wager can be any amount you like and I will provide absolutely definitive proof that 45k is not the number, it's higher.

Balls in your court
    why do u have sterling cawk so far down your throat. Is he paying u now that v stiv threw him under the bus?!?!

I will take this as a Crawling away no from the punk bi@@c you are . Just want everyone to see the truth, you make statements talk shit and can't back it up you absolute nothing . If you are ever in LA look me up. I would literally make you piss yourself.

For the record SBR, trolls and losers like this that your mods can't regulate and control are the reason I was POTM at EOG and not here. Keep up the good work

homie1975

I'll back off. Donald is your friend. I get it. I think if u had no connection to him you'd feel like most others who don't support him.
    Last edited by homie1975; 06-04-14 at 09:51 AM.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Sadly, Sterling will not be suing the NBA. Sold out for the 2 billion I guess. Awful, awful precedent.

For those of you who disagree and feel he deserved the media vilification and actions taken by the NBA, I guarantee you there are a variety of different public or private groups and organizations you are a member of (whether by choice or not) that would love to shame and ostracize you for things you say privately everyday, if they only knew about them.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Sadly, Sterling will not be suing the NBA. Sold out for the 2 billion I guess. Awful, awful precedent.

For those of you who disagree and feel he deserved the media vilification and actions taken by the NBA, I guarantee you there are a variety of different public or private groups and organizations you are a member of (whether by choice or not) that would love to shame and ostracize you for things you say privately everyday, if they only knew about them.
    Specious

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

smh ...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Probably a little too harsh the way it went down but it's not like a jail sentence where he can pay for his crime and then everything be fine......The cat was out of the bag in this case and there was no turning back on his views....with all of the sponsors, media, and the rest of the league taking their stances.....If he fought this till the end and ended up staying on as owner, then What happens? A huge shitstorm for the NBA, that's what.....

Best for everyone to move on.....Later Sterling

homie1975

The intel mustve been that the owners wouldve voted him out and his lawsuit wouldve dragged out for years. He is ejecting because this is not a fight worth fighting

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Back on!

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Donald is nuts

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i was on his side initially, but all this waffling back and forth should make him a perfect fit for espn

First 12