Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Seems like everyone likes rangers game 1 and kings series. That doesn't normally work out.......

Think everyone on NY due to more rest but they still have to fly cross country. Not sure any advantage either way

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Nice Brackets badge.
    Thanks - not sure how long it will last but will enjoy it while I have it!!

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Think everyone on NY due to more rest but they still have to fly cross country. Not sure any advantage either way
    The first flight after that long off won't be bad it will be the one back to NY where you don't have as much time to recover that I think is more difficult - going west you get the time change and all that to help out and NY had plenty of time to get ready for that flight. Think the fresh legs are obviously important - will be a fun series either way

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    The first flight after that long off won't be bad it will be the one back to NY where you don't have as much time to recover that I think is more difficult - going west you get the time change and all that to help out and NY had plenty of time to get ready for that flight. Think the fresh legs are obviously important - will be a fun series either way
    good point, another unknown is how LA does with home ice advantage. Only 2nd time they've had it in a series since 1992. This years team especially seems to play their best when backs against wall

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Why is everyone in agreement of Rangers game 1?

This is the most rest kings have had all post season. Game 2 against Chicago was the second most rest they got and they smacked the Blackhawks pretty good in Chicago.

I'll be on kings -1.5 first game

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I'm heavy on NY

everybody knows you stay West side carnal and get paper

la corona por vida guey

know you better than that ese

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

line for series is a joke. so are you kings backers.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by ebelisle22 View Post
    line for series is a joke. so are you kings backers.
    What should the line be?

Up to -175 at some places

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

kINGS GOT IT EASY 4 GAMES TO 1

Derka2014
    Derka2014's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 430

Rangers will win at least 2 games and everyone will change their tune just like OKC and Spurs.

Shoulda locked it in last round when Montreal had their 3rd starter goalie in net. woulda been better odds.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

It's harder to travel from the west to east coast rather than east to west because of jet lag.

That being said Rangers in 6

lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

I seriously dislike the Kings but the way they are playing it seems unlikely they are going to lose. The Kings went through better teams than the Rangers hands down and showed such heart, not sure the Rangers can get it done, even though they are a good team and have been over looked in these playoffs. The series line seems about right to me; 5D has Kings -150 and Rangers +140. I'd say there is more value with the Kings line but I don’t see tons of value in either line. Be looking at single games and live bets.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

It won't be an easy sweep. Should be competitive series. Lund will be tough to beat. In the end the Kings have too much firepower and their goalie ain't too shabby.

Kings in 6

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

this kings LOCK talk is nonsense, as is Kings in 5. series goes 6 minimum IMO

when you have a goaltender like LUNDY anything is possible and you don't have to score many goals to win because he's so damn good at stopping the puck,

i picked Kings over the Hawks and posted it here but lets face it the Kings got some shit goals in that game 7 especially the last one,

RANGERS WILL BE READY

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Make no mistake about it, the Kings are much more physically dominant and just overall the better team throughout....Even the Rangers biggest strength in Lundquist is pretty much negated when you got Quick

Only thing stopping me from betting huge on them is the Rangers just seem like that team of destiny this year

It happens randomly in all sports....Just that one team that isn't all that great but makes a deep run and seemingly has everything go right for them....

But I do think the buck stops here in the finals as the Kings are beyond battle tested at this point

Vegas39

As far as destiny Could say same for Kings money line . Winning 3 game 7's on road

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As far as destiny Could say same for Kings money line . Winning 3 game 7's on road
    True but the Kings actually have the talent to pull it off and just happened to play 3 really tough teams, so game 7s were kind of expected

I hope they win and think they will....Call it Kings in 5

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    True but the Kings actually have the talent to pull it off and just happened to play 3 really tough teams, so game 7s were kind of expected

I hope they win and think they will....Call it Kings in 5

Im thinking 6 not sure as a Kings fans my heart can take another game 7

To New Yorks credit they rallied together after Martin St. Louis lost his mom, then got a break with the Price injury . Should be a good series

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Under 5 game 1?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Under 5 game 1?
    Like Kings/Over myself...Hank starts out slow and Quick lets in a couple. 4-2

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

i played hockey myself and can tell you the rest factor means little. If rest and such were a big issue, why arent there alot of people making money on a team playing 3 games in 4 nights in reg season??? I think the kings are just a bigger,better,more talented team and def has an edge. As for the 7-0 in game 7's there is a flip side to this, if they were that good why r they going to a game 7..lol.. I played 2 games in a day and that mattered at age 14..within 24 hrs i was back to myself.Hae we forgotten they r the best conditoned athletes and takle supplements etc..they r fine

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

the stats of teams entering the cup finals with 3 or more days rest are not good. hockey is a game where momentum really matters and ny had a lot of it especially when they really came together with the st louis thing and won 5 games in a row. but by the end of the last series they did slow down a bit and give credit to montreal for contributing to that and putting up a decent fight. i think la is in a better position jumping straight into the finals off a great win where every key player is playing great and scoring goals as opposed to ny who could be a bit rusty and does not have as much punching power. the goalies even out but at least quick never had to be pulled in the last series... Kings in 5

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    i played hockey myself and can tell you the rest factor means little. If rest and such were a big issue, why arent there alot of people making money on a team playing 3 games in 4 nights in reg season??? I think the kings are just a bigger,better,more talented team and def has an edge. As for the 7-0 in game 7's there is a flip side to this, if they were that good why r they going to a game 7..lol.. I played 2 games in a day and that mattered at age 14..within 24 hrs i was back to myself.Hae we forgotten they r the best conditoned athletes and takle supplements etc..they r fine
    comparing playing as a teenager to NHL level play

loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Make no mistake about it, the Kings are much more physically dominant and just overall the better team throughout....Even the Rangers biggest strength in Lundquist is pretty much negated when you got Quick

Only thing stopping me from betting huge on them is the Rangers just seem like that team of destiny this year

It happens randomly in all sports....Just that one team that isn't all that great but makes a deep run and seemingly has everything go right for them....

But I do think the buck stops here in the finals as the Kings are beyond battle tested at this point
    Hank is negated by quick ??? C'mon now

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Forget trying to cap the NBA Finals

Hammer Kings series price and call it a day
    Rangers can't score i like it.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    No worries Mayan I'm not the usual brokedikk, I actually win my lock threads
    Rangers make for a good dog. Not sure

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by loodachris99 View Post
    Hank is negated by quick ??? C'mon now
    Everyone thinks Quick overmatched but yet he found a way to win vs teams that were First,second and 6th in goals a game

vividjohn45

The kings lost like 10 in a row rite b4 the break. The got hot 2nd half but are a low seed in west becuz of the long losi.g streak. All those long series are a turn off at -150. They had those cuz they did not play good in reg season. And had to play as dog in all series in West. The high price really bothers me. For a bastard dog all the way through. Rangers price has value due to kings reg season and playoff history.

vividjohn45

Rangers went 6-4 on road in playoffs. They were down 3-1 to pitt and won game 5 and 7 in pitt. I wuldnt think kings shuld be priced so high with a road threat team in rangers. Ill take rangers based on incorrect pricing

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Rangers went 6-4 on road in playoffs. They were down 3-1 to pitt and won game 5 and 7 in pitt. I wuldnt think kings shuld be priced so high with a road threat team in rangers. Ill take rangers based on incorrect pricing
    feel better already on Kings series bet

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

comparing playing as a teenager to NHL level play
    Biggest asshole on this forum with regards to NHL.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Rangers for me, they are always underrated and it's showing in this thread. BTW how bad of a coach is Torts, the guy who coached Vancouver has taken this team to the final when he could never jesus he should never be allowed to be a head coach again after he sucked in Vancouver this year..

TheDonger
    TheDonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 869

East was the minor league, west got the real guys. No idea why the line is only -150/-160.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Yeah a bunch of kids playing hockey is the same as playing in the NHL

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7066

Freeeeeee $$$$$$$$$$$$...... KINGS. Got em at 16-1 when they were behind in the SJ series

First 1234 Last