TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Westbrook and Durant tired as fuk. Nothing they could of done.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    durant shouldnt even be in the same sentence as lebron. what a fukking loser
    Durant, westbrook, and Ibaka will eventually get their title. Guys r too good not too.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I look at the box score for OKC, I immediately look at miss fields and turnovers by Durant and Westbrook. they BOTH turn it over WAY too much, and against the Spurs, you will lose no matter how many points you have.. 28 miss field goals and 14 turnovers, thats what Durant and Westbrook had tonight.

I like both these guys, but they BOTH need to give more effort on defense. Watch LeBron play defense... thats the difference... thats why Jordan is the best ever, he was as good and sometimes better defensively than he was offensively. that is why LeBron is playing for rings every year and Durant is left scratching his head. I like Durant, hes a good dude but he needs to take better care of the ball and give a little more on defense

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

You guys should give him a break. He is the MVP after all. But I guess, the MVP's are the ones always the first to be ridiculed. But if you look back at this last game, you have to understand why Durant was a no show in the OT, he was too damn tired from guarding the best player on the other team, Boris Diaw, so it's understandable how he'd be exhuasted and not quite the player on the offensive end. Diaw is known to do that to people.

wow.

This thread would be 700 pages if a certain you know who did this. But at least durant wasn't passing the ball in OT, because they got another fella that doesn't know how to pass it and just chucks em, but to be fair he did lead them to OT and it woulda been a 20 pt loss without him.

STAX

Durant deserves some criticism, he is turning into this generation's Dominique Wilkins. He looked bad at times and doesnt impact the game other than his ability to make shots, and create shots on his own. The defensive intensity is turned up in the playoffs, and its hard for players who rely on their outside shot to create offensive opportunites for themselves.

STAX

Do you ever think we would be discussing LeBron or Jordan having trouble guarding Boris Diaw??????????????????????????

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Do you ever think we would be discussing LeBron or Jordan having trouble guarding Boris Diaw??????????????????????????

No, but lets be serious, there are 4 better players on the court for the spurs at any time, so Lebron would be guarding any 1 of them. And Jordan would be guarding any 1 of them not named Timmy Duncan. Some people get MVP by scoring in bunches, some get MVP by doing EVERYTHING for their team. Sad.

STAX

The fact that Durant is guarding Diaw, proves he is a defensive liability... the fact that Diaw lit him up just shows us Durant is worn out. The greatest players dont get worn out, Im sorry. Durant wants to be considered great, he cant get tired, EVER.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

they will be okay after spurs burn out when duncan retires in 2 or 3 years thunder will be the BEST team out the west and will be making the finals every year like lebron is doing now since theres no one else in the west.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

The kid needs a good coach. They have no offensive discipline or any visible strategy. No ball movement. He's like a super melo, much younger and with a lot more potential. He needs somebody to mentor him and brooks is not the guy. He will be a champion one day.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

How is it a choke when you are supposed to lose?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    They have no team strategy. Just two guys chucking up ridiculous shots and not ever looking for the open man. 1-10 in OT.
    yes its why they will never win

thread over

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Unreal gifs, deserve some type of award. Fresh Prince one is hilarious.

Durant deserves some hate with the talent around him. He's soft and gets away with it in the regular season but when you're a stick figure, the playoffs aren't gonna go so well when you don't got those calls anymore. That wasn't really the issue though since he didn't really even attack the basket and would rather throw up jumpers all game. Plus, he can't defend any player in the NBA worth a damn.

Melo gets a D-League squad to play with and is hated by most but Durant gets a pass, maybe that will end.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Seaweed

jjgold

The more I look at it Melo is much better than Durrant

LeBron was the clear and MVP

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The more I look at it Melo is much better than Durrant

LeBron was the clear and MVP
    Melo gets a washed up Iverson, Billups, Kidd, Chandler, bum ass Kenyon Martin everywhere along with broken down Amare and chucker JR Smith. Yet, he's supposed to win...he did take the Nuggets to the conference finals with old ass Billups and Nene. He led Denver to the playoffs from '04 to '10 with not much. I just hope he gets a real team to shut people up. Durant has young stars in Westbrook and Ibaka, nothing Melo ever had. The Spurs are the best though so you can't hate too much on KD, his time may come but he needs to man up.

End of my Melo rant...Let's go Spurs.
    Points Awarded:

Jikos gave Cuse0323 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Melo gets a washed up Iverson, Billups, Kidd, Chandler, bum ass Kenyon Martin everywhere along with broken down Amare and chucker JR Smith. Yet, he's supposed to win...he did take the Nuggets to the conference finals with old ass Billups and Nene. He led Denver to the playoffs from '04 to '10 with not much. I just hope he gets a real team to shut people up. Durant has young stars in Westbrook and Ibaka, nothing Melo ever had. The Spurs are the best though so you can't hate too much on KD, his time may come but he needs to man up.

End of my Melo rant...Let's go Spurs.

I don't know why Melo gets bum rap. Guy has had nothing and does the best he can. He's the same exact thing as Durant. Neither are Lebron. But give Melo, westbrook and ibaka, and he probably does the same as OKC this year, maybe beat the Spurs, maybe not. But surround him with a decent team in the East and they put up a fight against the Heat.

jjgold

Melo is a better all-around player than Durrant and puts much more pressure on teams

Melo should go to the bulls it's his only chance

He cares more about money and was never a winner though

He'll stay with and get paid

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    I don't know why Melo gets bum rap. Guy has had nothing and does the best he can. He's the same exact thing as Durant. Neither are Lebron. But give Melo, westbrook and ibaka, and he probably does the same as OKC this year, maybe beat the Spurs, maybe not. But surround him with a decent team in the East and they put up a fight against the Heat.
    Exactly...and Melo did carry a certain to the NCAA Championship while Durant bowed out in the 2nd round.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Durant, westbrook, and Ibaka will eventually get their title. Guys r too good not too.
    what a joke. durant is weak and ovverated, he can shove that worthless mvp award up his ass.

everyone knows who the real mvp is

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    what a joke. durant is weak and ovverated, he can shove that worthless mvp award up his ass.

everyone knows who the real mvp is
    LeBron will be the best until he retires or falls off but even Jordan didn't win them all. They threw a couple to Karl.

jjgold

Durant is a jump shooter and thats all

He needs to change his game and get inside and drive more

eventually jump shots will do you in and easy to defend

parexa
    parexa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

35 year old Lebron James and 38 year old Wade will still be a lot better duo than KD and Westbroke in their primes. It is what it is. Both are just attention whores who love to heroball. They will probably never win a ring, at least not in the same team. KD is crying at the moment, because they got rid of James Harden.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Lots of overreaction and misunderstanding in this thread.

The Spurs are the better team. /thread. The better team that won in OT of game 6. So they're not even the better team by much.

So OKC is the third best team in the NBA this year, I can live with that. Still had a great season, fought to the last second and lost a game in which neither of their two stars had their best games. It happens.

Lebron was getting all of this same criticism and worse before he won his first title. It's part of the cycle. Guys just criticize and hate under the cloak of "being real" and "telling it how it is". Now guys are all over his nuts. This OKC team is on the brink of a championship. I fully expect no less than half in this threadto switch stances when KD wins a ring and be all over his nuts as well.

There's a reason the Spurs were favored to win the series before game 1. They have a better, more experienced coach. Their bench is light years ahead of OKC's bench. Especially after reggie jackson got bumped up. Brooks was forced to play KD 51 minutes! No wonder he was a no-show in OT.

but enough with common sense. I'm simply a homer.

jjgold

The Harden blunder was probably the worst in franchise history

They would've been unstoppable with him

The Kraken

The Harden blunder was probably the worst in franchise history

They would've been unstoppable with him
    stop JJ. When you make these comments it just discredits everything else you say as well. This may be your worst post of the day and it's still early.

jjgold

Harden is better than Westbrook

Much more dangerous
    Puts a lot more pressure on defenders

I know the game better than anybody here

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post

Hahahahaha!!! That is hilarious, and a great episode!
    I seriously sharted..... I cant stop laughing every time I see Westbrook chuck the ball.... that goofy smile is priceless

The Kraken

Harden is better than Westbrook

Much more dangerous
    Puts a lot more pressure on defenders

I know the game better than anybody here

you're here for comedy, not as an analyst. Harden disappeared in round 1 he doesn't put any pressure on anyone. He doesn't rebound, pass or get steals, you buffoon. Westbrook is to Harden what Lebron James is to Norris Cole.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Lots of overreaction and misunderstanding in this thread.

The Spurs are the better team. /thread. The better team that won in OT of game 6. So they're not even the better team by much.

So OKC is the third best team in the NBA this year, I can live with that. Still had a great season, fought to the last second and lost a game in which neither of their two stars had their best games. It happens.

Lebron was getting all of this same criticism and worse before he won his first title. It's part of the cycle. Guys just criticize and hate under the cloak of "being real" and "telling it how it is". Now guys are all over his nuts. This OKC team is on the brink of a championship. I fully expect no less than half in this threadto switch stances when KD wins a ring and be all over his nuts as well.

There's a reason the Spurs were favored to win the series before game 1. They have a better, more experienced coach. Their bench is light years ahead of OKC's bench. Especially after reggie jackson got bumped up. Brooks was forced to play KD 51 minutes! No wonder he was a no-show in OT.

but enough with common sense. I'm simply a homer.
    Agree with all that, except the minutes being forced. You have to find more rest than 1 minute and 52 seconds for KD...in an overtime game in the fckin NBA.

Brooks is in over his head, he will never lead this team to a championship. I hope they get it too someday.

I know the bench sucks, whatever, but there's ways to work around that to get rest and it isn't that bad where they bench gets a total amount of minutes equal to what KD played. Of course you're gonna be fatigued late because you let it happen, coach.

Pop had one player over 40. I know I'll hear about the bench but this is the NBA and Lamb, Thabo, and Butler aren't terrible enough to get 6 minutes total with two at zero.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Well at least you can relate seadouchee, Durant chokes in clutch moments during big games, and you choke picking all sporting events!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    don't tell Thor that. he does not want to hear anything bad about Westbrook
    He thru up 34 points last night along with some great steals, 8 boards, and 8 assist. He throws up bad shots from time to time like i said before. Guy is diff a top ten player in this league if not a top five. When u have three other guys on the court who don't score shit u end up shooting a lot more. Westbrook was a plus 11 for the night while the all American boy Durant was a minus three.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

JJ is that guy at the water cooler 7 in the morning, repeating lines from the sports talk radio he listened to on the drive in .

JJ "Westbrook holds Durant back. Westbrook is not a good player" 20 minutes before on the drive in on Mike and Mike "Westbrook holds Durant back. Westbrook is not a good player"

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

Unreal gifs, deserve some type of award. Fresh Prince one is hilarious.

Durant deserves some hate with the talent around him. He's soft and gets away with it in the regular season but when you're a stick figure, the playoffs aren't gonna go so well when you don't got those calls anymore.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Durant got tired. 51 minutes.

He needs to get better.

More blame needs to fall on KD and not Westbrook.

Cuse0323

Thank god people have time to make gifs. Not that I don't but no skills.

First 123 Last