BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Plus I'm just happy Magic didn't get to be owner
    This.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Instead of punishing this guy, they just handed him a $2 Billion Dollars.

Team not worth close to that.

What a sucker that buyer is.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Magic was never going to buy the Clipps to begin with. That was just media speculation.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Plus I'm just happy Magic didn't get to be owner
    Great avatar LOL.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave James D 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Great avatar LOL.
    lol,

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

2 billion is funny money

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

The Bucks sold for $550M so $2B for the Clippers is not that crazy.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

That's disappointing, was hoping for a fight. Good for Sterling tho.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Balmer just spent more money on the Clippers than what new NBA owners spent on Pistons/Bucks/Grizz/Pelicans/Sixers combined. He basically could have bought 5 NBA teams....

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

let's get an sbr group together, pool our betpoints, and buy a segway.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Instead of punishing this guy, they just handed him a $2 Billion Dollars.

Team not worth close to that.

What a sucker that buyer is.
    How is the guy a sucker? 2 billion to him is prolly like a grand to u. Maybe he didn't want to be the richest guy in the cemetery. You want something and have way more money than everyone else u make an offer that really doesn't hurt u but destroys other bidders. Seems simple.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    let's get an sbr group together, pool our betpoints, and buy a segway.

James D

Anderson cooper is already on T.V recommending Don "spread some of that money around to needy communities " to help restore his reputation . Someone should ask Anderson how that worked for Don the first time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

you can never beat the Jew in anything

they always win

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

For those saying he's bringing it to Seattle that is insane. You don't pay $2 bil for an LA team to bring it to Seattle. You'd buy the bucks or the kings.

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

What a suprise, he sold the team to a white guy

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

franchise will only depreciate

James D

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...34227311.html#

Current lead story on yahoo. Notice the front pic of silver and Ballmer with Kiki and magic in front . Below is the pic I posted on SBR right at tipoff. They sat 3 seats from my normal seats and my bud took a Pic for me because I sat up top. I purposely didn't blow up that Ballmer was there

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

guy turns 12.5 million into 2 billion. that'll teach him!

James D

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    LOL. Never posted these ( I can keep a secret LOL)

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Exactly. I never understand why this whoile thing was considered some horrible punishment. It's not the team is being stolen from him. It's a perfect time to sell the Clippers for a fortune. What's the problem? He has to pay some tax? Geesh.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Exactly. I never understand why this whoile thing was considered some horrible punishment. It's not the team is being stolen from him. It's a perfect time to sell the Clippers for a fortune. What's the problem? He has to pay some tax? Geesh.
    Actually thats Not true, because when he died it would go to his two children and there would be no tax hit. The sterlings have never ever sold a single building . They don't ever sell and they didn't plan on ever selling this. What would you rather own at eighty years old?

1.5B in buildings and the clippers or 1.5B in buildings and 1.5 B in cash ?

Give me the team.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Actually thats Not true, because when he died it would go to his two children and there would be no tax hit. The sterlings have never ever sold a single building . They don't ever sell and they didn't plan on ever selling this. What would you rather own at eighty years old?

1.5B in buildings and the clippers or 1.5B in buildings and 1.5 B in cash ?

Give me the team.
    Surprised the blacks who live/work/eat/fukk in the buildings he owns weren't able to force him to sell the buildings?

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anderson cooper is already on T.V recommending Don "spread some of that money around to needy communities " to help restore his reputation . Someone should ask Anderson how that worked for Don the first time.
    Anderson Cooper should go suck a dick.

Oh, that's right......

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The sterlings and magic was working together from the start

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yea he definitely won. Most hated man in the country, disgraced from the league he's been a part of for 30 years, forced to sell his prized possession. Definitely won this one, lol.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Magic was never going to buy the Clipps to begin with. That was just media speculation.
    I believe he was part of a group that bid.

anyhow it kills sterling that he has to sell the team and he can no longer go to games. He has become isolated. He'll be dead within 5 yrs. the loneliest rich guy in the world

James D

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Yea he definitely won. Most hated man in the country, disgraced from the league he's been a part of for 30 years, forced to sell his prized possession. Definitely won this one, lol.
    ak is correct that he is not the winner in this. Even if forced to sell he takes a 660m tax hit.

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

anyhow it kills sterling that he has to sell the team and he can no longer go to games. He has become isolated. He'll be dead within 5 yrs. the loneliest rich guy in the world
    Agree Homie he doesn't want to sell, the $$ means nothing. If this didn't happen I still would not have put his life span at over five years, he was sick before this story. So I agree about your lifespan point. You are completely wrong about the isolated and lonely part though. Don has tons of friends and allies who worry about him and wish this didn't happen

homie1975

ak is correct that he is not the winner in this. Even if forced to sell he takes a 660m tax hit.

Agree Homie he doesn't want to sell, the $$ means nothing. If this didn't happen I still would not have put his life span at over five years, he was sick before this story. So I agree about your lifespan point. You are completely wrong about the isolated and lonely part though. Don has tons of friends and allies who worry about him and wish this didn't happen
    Word on the street is that most of his friends have run for the hills since this whole thing broke. Only a few people were at his home when anderson coopers interviewed him

James D

Word on the street is that most of his friends have run for the hills since this whole thing broke. Only a few people were at his home when anderson coopers interviewed him
    Word at his pool table yesterday said otherwise

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

I had the luxury of hearing Ballmer speak at the USC MBA graduation a few weeks ago. Funny thing, as hew as speaking, he told the class how hew as in the same boat as many of them because he had no idea what he was going to do next with his life....well i guess he figured that out now.

good quote i heard from espn regarding the obscene price he paid: "this is not an investment, it's a toy for this guy" true story imo.

wizards fan at heart, but clips r my secondary team (dc native, la resident) so i wish nothing but the best for them.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    That's disappointing, was hoping for a fight. Good for Sterling tho.
    First off. Fukk u.

Second. The only winners are his kids. Sterling was already a billionaire so they could've sold it for 100 billion and it doesn't change his life.

He has lost everything. The only friends he has left are moochers. He loved owning the team and being at games. It's gone. Just like paterno died shortly losing the Penn State job, sterling will die soon as well.

Lonely. No matter what James here want s to tell us

James D

Magic group didn't offer a bid, Guggenheim partners. Didn't bother correcting you because I don't try to be argumentative. However since you continue to insult me without provocation and show your complete ignorance on this and many other subjects I will. Magic never bid you clueless dope. Even the news reports knew that when you posted so do 2 seconds of research before you start typing .

See I was happy to agree when you were correct, and politely correct you when you were not.

How many people do you expect to be at his house during the anderson copper interview? He is not a rapper he doesn't have a posse LOL

Word at his pool table yesterday said otherwise
    My polite way of telling you his friends are his friends and several of us were there yesterday. Also the phone doesn't stop ringing from friends offering support.

First off. Fukk u.

Second. The only winners are his kids. Sterling was already a billionaire so they could've sold it for 100 billion and it doesn't change his life.

He has lost everything. The only friends he has left are moochers. He loved owning the team and being at games. It's gone. Just like paterno died shortly losing the Penn State job, sterling will die soon as well.

Lonely. No matter what James here want s to tell us
    I know the fukk u was not to me but it shows how you speak to people from the safety of your little keyboard who disagree with you.

How can you have such a huge ego that you can tell us what every friend he ever had is thinking ? Or their intention for sticking by Don? Because people stick by someone we are moochers?? Is it your core values that make you think people don't stuck with good friends through rough times? Listen you idiot There is no benefit to being friends with Don right now, it's the exact opposite actually. I obviously am a friend of his, I have been right on my assessments of the situations here far more then the news media is saying and I say he still has tons of friends yet homie1975 on SBR is the expert on this matter Ok homie1975 thanks. Listen I am going to see Shelly today what should I tell her she is thinking ? Since you are obviously the expert on all of our lives out here .

homie1975

Yes I'm sure dons friends are not interested at all I'm his money. They are all true friends just like v stiviano lmfao what naiveté

homie1975

Lonely old man. He's finished

First 123 Last