Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Who is taking Chile to win Group B?

The other teams are
    Australia
    Spain
    Netherlands

my angle is spain vs chile will be a draw
    and then Chile will get the tie breaker by scoring more goals than Spain.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bear???? Soccer?? Now????

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yes JJ.

I am in World Cup mode now. No other sport exist to me until after the World Cup.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ok

I'm doing NBA and baseball right now

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I don't think anyone should be taking Chile to win group B on the basis that they will outscore another team.

This team is heavily defensive minded, and will be relying on unproven goal scorers upfront. Sanchez, Parades, Vargas, Pinilla, Orellana, not really forwards who scream goals. Everyone is sleeping on Netherlands and Chile is a popular opinion team with the tournament being in S. America. Maybe just bet less on a draw with Spain.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

I still think spain wins...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    I don't think anyone should be taking Chile to win group B on the basis that they will outscore another team.

This team is heavily defensive minded, and will be relying on unproven goal scorers upfront. Sanchez, Parades, Vargas, Pinilla, Orellana, not really forwards who scream goals. Everyone is sleeping on Netherlands and Chile is a popular opinion team with the tournament being in S. America. Maybe just bet less on a draw with Spain.

Chile's Coach is Jorge Sampaoli who is a "disciple" of Marcelo Bielsa and has the same mindset - high pressing, high intensity, attacking football! There are numerous articles all about how Chile will potentially be the neutrals favourite side because of how they play. The average goals per game during qualifying was 3.38 - the highest in the group!

RubberKettle

Bielsa brought them 5 goals in 4 games @ Copa America and 3 goals in 4 games @ World Cup. Setting the world on fire!

Impressive at home in Qualifying, but realistically will they get many goals vs Spain and Netherlands?

Goals per games include them drawing 3-3 v Colombia and getting tonked 4-1 and 4-0 vs Argentina and Uruguay.

Backing them for the group on the basis of scoring goals is not smart.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3598

I wouldnt take them what are the odds just out of curiosity.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I wouldnt take them what are the odds just out of curiosity.
    4 to 1

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bielsa brought them 5 goals in 4 games @ Copa America and 3 goals in 4 games @ World Cup. Setting the world on fire!

Impressive at home in Qualifying, but realistically will they get many goals vs Spain and Netherlands?

Goals per games include them drawing 3-3 v Colombia and getting tonked 4-1 and 4-0 vs Argentina and Uruguay.

Backing them for the group on the basis of scoring goals is not smart.
    That doesnt mean that they are defensive minded which is what you said. An example of a defensive minded side would be Greece.

Why cant Chile get goals against Netherlands? - a team that has a defense made up of Eredivisie defenders like Bruno Martins Indi, Veltman, Janmaat, Kongolo, de Vrij, and an average Prem defender in Vlaar. This isnt the Netherlands of previous World Cups when they had likes of Van der Saar, Frank de Boer, Jaap Stam, Van Bronkhorst, etc at the back... Not beyond possible that they concede goals
    Last edited by Vaughany; 05-27-14 at 09:35 AM.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Chile is alright but with a strong Netherlands and great Spain no way.

packerd_00

4 to 1 might be worth a gander dont go to crazy though,Holland and Spain are top level teams.

RubberKettle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    That doesnt mean that they are defensive minded which is what you said. A defensive minded side is Greece.

Why cant Chile get goals against Netherlands? - a team that has a defense made up of Eredivisie defenders like Bruno Martins Indi, Janmaat, and de Vrij. This isnt the Netherlands of previous World Cups when they had likes of Van der Saar, Frank de Boer, Jaap Stam, Van Bronkhorst, etc... Not beyond possible

Well we shall see. And Greece is not a defensive side, they're an anti-football side.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's definitley possible....I feel like 4/1 is decent but not good enough of an edge for me to make a play on....Maybe add it in a few small parlays for fun but wouldn't bank on it

Spain and Netherlands are really tough

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

Doubt they win the group but think they will qualify in second behind Spain.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher1991 View Post
    Doubt they win the group but think they will qualify in second behind Spain.
    yep, I'd be more inclined to play the forecast of Spain win group, Chile second @ +333.

Chile also play Netherlands last game so could have option of hedging

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

They may qualify. I think there is very little chance they beat Spain to first spot. Spain are getting seriously underestimated this year, which is crazy, considering their outstanding record over the past decade. The main reason people are overlooking Spain is down to Barcelona's poor season, and many of Spain's key players happening to play for them.

Spain will get to semi's at least.

And for Netherlands. They scored the most goals in Europe for the qualification stage for the WC, so they have incredible fire power up front. Pace on the wings, great creative talents and of course RVP. Their weakness is in their defence. They may not have any superstars there, but you can be sure that Louis Van Gaal will keep them organised and strong at the back.

Personally I think it should be around 4/1 for Chile to qualify from their group never mind win it.

The only advantage I can see them having over the other 2 countries is the fact the tournament is being held in South America. They may be more used to the climate, however, most of them players now play in Europe so may not play too big a part

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

yep, I'd be more inclined to play the forecast of Spain win group, Chile second @ +333.

Chile also play Netherlands last game so could have option of hedging
    Looks a good bet,think ill do the same.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

im not a fan of chile even if im hungary. id rather have turkey

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by unitedlad View Post
    They may qualify. I think there is very little chance they beat Spain to first spot. Spain are getting seriously underestimated this year, which is crazy, considering their outstanding record over the past decade. The main reason people are overlooking Spain is down to Barcelona's poor season, and many of Spain's key players happening to play for them.

Spain will get to semi's at least.

And for Netherlands. They scored the most goals in Europe for the qualification stage for the WC, so they have incredible fire power up front. Pace on the wings, great creative talents and of course RVP. Their weakness is in their defence. They may not have any superstars there, but you can be sure that Louis Van Gaal will keep them organised and strong at the back.

Personally I think it should be around 4/1 for Chile to qualify from their group never mind win it.

The only advantage I can see them having over the other 2 countries is the fact the tournament is being held in South America. They may be more used to the climate, however, most of them players now play in Europe so may not play too big a part
    Germany scored more goals than Netherlands in qualification. They also drew 2-2 against Estonia! Took a Van Persie penalty in 94th min to save them from most embarrassing loss in their history!

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Germany scored more goals than Netherlands in qualification. They also drew 2-2 against Estonia! Took a Van Persie penalty in 94th min to save them from most embarrassing loss in their history!
    Sorry, 2nd most goals scored. I'm pretty sure they have the best GD. Only conceding 5 is pretty impressive, regardless of the poor group.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Spain was great 4 years ago but arent most of the players past their prime
    now?

BTW does anyone like this parlay?

USA to not advance -310
    South Korea to advance +160
    Chile to advance -120

$400 to win $2,121.73

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

horrible parlay

RubberKettle

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    now?

USA to not advance -310
    Chile to advance -120

$400 to win $2,121.73
    Spain still one of the best squads in this tournament. Their midfield is the best in the world, they keep possession, control games and grind out results. They have a problem @ striker and Diego Costa is not a perfect fit, but overall they are one of 4 teams I would pick to win with Argentina, Brazil and Germany.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Spain still one of the best squads in this tournament. Their midfield is the best in the world, they keep possession, control games and grind out results. They have a problem @ striker and Diego Costa is not a perfect fit, but overall they are one of 4 teams I would pick to win with Argentina, Brazil and Germany.
    fair enough.

Out of those 4 if you had to put money on 1 or 2 of those to win the tournament who would you pick and why?

RubberKettle

fair enough.

Out of those 4 if you had to put money on 1 or 2 of those to win the tournament who would you pick and why?

Quickly

Brazil - For: they have the least flaws, playing at home
    Against: Immense pressure

Argentina - For: Messi and friends in attack
    Against: Messi's history to underwhelm for Argentina

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

yes JJ.

I am in World Cup mode now. No other sport exist to me until after the World Cup.
    You're a fool to miss out on easy money from betting on Rangers and Kings

packerd_00

now?

USA to not advance -310
    Chile to advance -120

$400 to win $2,121.73
    I like Korea but I think Russia will be a tough team, Belgium is pretty much a gimme.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

seems to be some debate over this chile team, i prefer to go game by game on this group myself. if i was sampaoli (the manager) i would be throwing guys forward the whole game against australia, this could very well come down to goals scored or goal difference, the over under in that game is fairly low so maybe he'll be happy with 3 points. you dont get 3 points against australia, you suck anyways IMO, but i would think at least a multiple goal win would go a long way towards advancement.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    horrible parlay
    Why?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

not every group it is important to win, but if you get 2nd place in group b, you are almost certain to be facing brazil in the round of 16, so winning this group is vital for everyone.

allang198
    allang198's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Why?
    USA to not advance -310 good chance of hitting
    South Korea to advance +160 not happening they choke,unless they are playing at home
    Chile to advance -120 I wish you guys would at least read some stats on soccer, when it comes to the crunch chile dont have the metal required.

MakePwithMe
    MakePwithMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

chille r overatted

netherlands spain qualify

simples

RubberKettle

Arturo Vidal injured and unlikely to be fit for WC

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebo...-de-vidal.html

12 Last