t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

ECF: Who thinks both teams will hold serve at home until Game 7?

We've seen road teams play better than ever before in this year's NBA playoffs. We've also seen a lot of zig-zag.

I think the general consensus is that Miami will bounce back in Game 2. I have no opinion yet on the game but I kind of get this feeling that the home team could win every game in this series until a Game 7. And yes - I realize that means Miami going down 0-2 which kind of seems unthinkable. It would be a hole we haven't seen them in yet in the 4 years they've been together but it also wouldn't be the end of the world.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If Miami goes down 0-2, there will be a new champion this year. They won't win 4 of the next 5.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    If Miami goes down 0-2, there will be a new champion this year. They won't win 4 of the next 5.
    And why is that?

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    And why is that?
    because i can only think of two teams that have done that in conferences finals or finals in last 30 years

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Indian is better and tougher physically

It looks like a mismatch

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Not happening

Indy goes into offensive funks....at home especially at times. Not to mention they've won in Miami the last 2 years plus they're currently on a 5 gm road winning streak in the playoffs. My guess is they'll both win 1 on the road and it comes down to Gm 7

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

hold serve?

bro this aint Tennis.

Thunders vs Heat in the Finals.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

could happen either way itll be 2-2 after 4 IMO

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

I think its a good call. Once its game 5 2-2 it all starts over again.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

I'm a Pacers homer but I'm also middle aged and watched alot of basketball! I can be objective so prob not a total homer. I think the 2nd-5th best players in this series are all Pacers

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

Heat usually bounce back in spots like these. The fact that Heat opened at only -2, makes me think that there is a chance Indy could go up 2-0. If Indy does go up 2-0, I can almost guarantee Miami will win games 3 and 4 at home.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdrum78 View Post
    because i can only think of two teams that have done that in conferences finals or finals in last 30 years
    Haha seriously? Miami won 4 straight against the Thunder in the Finals and 4 straight against the Bulls in the ECF the year before. Thunder went down 0-2 and won 4 straight against the Spurs in the 2012 Western Conference Finals. 4 out of 5 is not a big deal.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

i think it will be 2-2 going into game 5

but would not shock me if Heat win game 2, Pacers win game 3, and heat win game 4

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

4-2 Indy

Pretty certain

Flagrant1
    Flagrant1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Heat usually bounce back in spots like these. The fact that Heat opened at only -2, makes me think that there is a chance Indy could go up 2-0. If Indy does go up 2-0, I can almost guarantee Miami will win games 3 and 4 at home.
    Why? Miami opened at -2 in game 4 against the Nets after having lost game 3 to them.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

What the OP said COULD happen, but I am more inclined to think Miami wins in Indiana before Game 7 (so Game 2 or 5). Heat in 6.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope. Miami in 5. Just like usual. Until someone else has LBJ, this in the NBA. We've seen this EXACT scenario over and over again the last 3 years.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    They won't win 4 of the next 5.
    I think Heat win 4 of the next 5 starting right now. Even if they lose Game 2, they could easily then win the next 4 straight since Game 5 would be the only road game. I am not surprised at what happened today as I was on Pacers. Now, I actually think Heat have value at -185 for series.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I'm a Pacers homer but I'm also middle aged and watched alot of basketball! I can be objective so prob not a total homer. I think the 2nd-5th best players in this series are all Pacers
    This is true, but has been for Miami vs OKC and the Spurs. Wade is a corpse and Bosh looks like chit. But LBJ is so insane it doesn't matter

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Nope. Miami in 5. Just like usual. Until someone else has LBJ, this in the NBA. We've seen this EXACT scenario over and over again the last 3 years.
    I could see Miami easing off a tad if they win Game 2 and are up 3-1 entering Game 5 in Indy.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Miami wins one in indy i think it will be game 2

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    4-2 Indy

Pretty certain
    indy would not beat mia for the clinching game in south beach unless lebron or bosh are not out there due to injury or susp

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    indy would not beat mia for the clinching game in south beach unless lebron or bosh are not out there due to injury or susp
    Why?

Didn't Dallas do just that to win the NBA title in 6 games on Miami's home court?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Why?

Didn't Dallas do just that to win the NBA title in 6 games on Miami's home court?
    Different Lebron James than 2011 plus Dallas 2011 a far better team than this pacers team. That Dallas team swept two time defending champ Lakers that year

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Different Lebron James than 2011 plus Dallas 2011 a far better team than this pacers team. That Dallas team swept two time defending champ Lakers that year
    Agree.

Anyway, I'm not surprised Indy won because I figured both series would go deep. With that said, Miami knows they only need to win in Indy once.

I want Indy to win but I'm not going to get excited yet. Miami still wins this series.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

t-wizzle heat is winning game 2. indy is a 30%er team from 3 pt line and they shot 42%. Their starter couldn't have played better and it would have been a toe to toe game if it wasn't for that retarded flagrant call on mario chalmers just because watson went flying into the stands with a minor shove.

bosh had his worst game of the postseason yet they lost by 10. this ***** aint gonna go 0-5 all series from 3. he's a 50%er in the postseaon.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Agree.

Anyway, I'm not surprised Indy won because I figured both series would go deep. With that said, Miami knows they only need to win in Indy once.

I want Indy to win but I'm not going to get excited yet. Miami still wins this series.
    yes and i think that one game will be tue game 2.

lebron finally developed the killer instinct after the 2011 finals so i believe barring injury to him or bosh the heat will not be closed out in south beach for quite a few years to come

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I think youre high.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: momoney23

homie1975

homie1975

i bet you said the same thing the last 2 yrs when of course the heat advanced over the pace fuks

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    t-wizzle heat is winning game 2. indy is a 30%er team from 3 pt line and they shot 42%. Their starter couldn't have played better and it would have been a toe to toe game if it wasn't for that retarded flagrant call on mario chalmers just because watson went flying into the stands with a minor shove.

bosh had his worst game of the postseason yet they lost by 10. this ***** aint gonna go 0-5 all series from 3. he's a 50%er in the postseaon.
    Bosh is not a 50% 3 pt shooter Paul you know that. He's much better from mid range, I think they've abused him as far as 3 point shooting goes. He's really more of a 33% three point shooter.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Is Bosh gonna play awful against Indiana again? Guy was probably the biggest reason last year's series went 7, even bigger than Wade.

At least this year it looks like they have the real Wade.

NWportland
    NWportland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    hold serve?

bro this aint Tennis.

Thunders vs Heat in the Finals.
    That title of the post annoyed the living $hit out of me. Not sure why but I still get a tick reading the title.... Hold serve? get the penetrate out of here.. Im headed to the second hand store to buy a bunch of tennis rackets and I am going to break the penetrate out of them on the local hoop court this afternoon....

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by NWportland View Post
    That title of the post annoyed the living $hit out of me. Not sure why but I still get a tick reading the title.... Hold serve? get the penetrate out of here.. Im headed to the second hand store to buy a bunch of tennis rackets and I am going to break the penetrate out of them on the local hoop court this afternoon....
    Get over it. It's a universal expression.

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

I dont think Miami is as good as previous years. Bosh just wants to stay out and shoot threes... they are way better when he is around basket and mid range.. indy just played tight and let miami beat them with outside jumpers which isnt going to happen.. of course indy played perfect game offensively and that is not going to happen too often but they have decent shot at this series...just my 2 cents..

12 Last