harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9688

yes ,untabble,,,,the name ,,,had a brain fart, i would like to see her with the boys
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Who Untapable?

No she isn't running and that's probably why it is so wide open.Stopchargingmaria is the vulnerable 7-2 fave.

Not sure who I will land on yet as there are quite a few that look live.

He always seems to look like he could have run a lot better.

sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

According to the past performance sheet, Social Inclusion's late pace in the Wood was 71 (a sign of a horse seriously winded). Bayern's late pace in the Arkansas Derby was 93. He didn't run a bad race. Danza was just that good and isn't in this one. I don't think Bayern can win, but I'll throw him in a box superfecta with California Chrome, Ride on Curlin, and Kid Cruz (for the long shot). Quite a bit of speed for him to contend with and a big jump in class, but his LATE speed is off the charts. Could be a Commanding Curve.

Swift Thinking
    Swift Thinking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 385

I'm still big on Social Inclusion. This is the one race I don't mind horse on the early lead . This horse will probably be the best mile horse in the country and wouldn't be surprised he doesn't take the mile in Breeders Cup. All reports is he is loving the track and once he comes around the far turn My projections he has a 2 1/2 length lead on Chrome and General Arod and holds on to a surging Chrome and late Kid Cruz flying at wire.

I don't take anything away from his wood. He ran a very good race vs good competion . He is working like a beast . Time off

sandyw123

I like Social Inclusion more now than before. I'm only making 1 wager in this race and saving the rest for the Belmont. I'm boxing California Chrome, Social Inclusion, and Kid Cruz.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

The more I look at this, the less and less I like SI to even hit the board. The pace looks like it is going to be insane, and SI couldn't hold onto the lead when he had it by himself in the Wood. Add some weather today and a possible heavy track tomorrow, while running next to Ring Weekend and Pablo and Bayern.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68471

Looks like the rain has just about stopped at Pimlico.

Track is sloppy now and probably will stay that way all day.

If the sun comes out as they say it will later today and all day tomorrow, expect the Preakness to be run on a fast track. The track usually gets plenty of wind blowing across it and it dries out quickly . Last thing about the track . Watched a couple of horses train over the slop this morning on T.V. and the slop barely covers there hooves. This track is not at all deep as of this morning. It is more like the way I was used to seeing it.

Just heard Migliore say that Soc. Inclusion got worked up and was pretty wet on Wood day . That along with the fact that the horse trains in blinkers every day, which is very odd, leads me to believe that there is a solid chance that Soc. Inclusion will wash out badly in the post parade with all those people and distractions there on Sat. If that is the case, that would be very tough for him to overcome.
    Keeping an eye on him getting saddled and early in the post parade should tell quite a bit.

boomernyc
    boomernyc's Avatar Become A Pro!

betting the house on danza, horse has courage, will place

boomernyc
    boomernyc's Avatar Become A Pro!

250 dollar place bet, 750 show

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by boomernyc View Post
    betting the house on danza, horse has courage, will place
    I am willing to bet that Danza won't finish in the top 10 in the Preakness....

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

Quote Originally Posted by boomernyc View Post
    250 dollar place bet, 750 show
    I will book that bet!!

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

If I was going to wager in this race , would not put social inclusion in my ex I dont think he even rounds out the tri

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    If I was going to wager in this race , would not put social inclusion in my ex I dont think he even rounds out the tri
    Agreed!

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23693

I don't think Social can get the easy lead he appears to need.
    Will have to see how he reacts to chasing rather then leading.
    Unbettable but watchable race for me.

Good Luck, All

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I actually made two Win bets on this race with Social Inclusion being one of them. The other one is on Bayern.

I also played a matchup of Ria Antonia to beat Pablo Del Monte at +115.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

eddie olcyzyk picked social inclusion, so burn those tickets

chrome wins here and loses the belmont

TonyP
    Update your status

if Social Inclusion was better then Chrome he should have won cause he was stiting just off him and couldnt keep up.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Failed ......Chrome smoked him.

Swift Thinking
    Swift Thinking's Avatar Become A Pro!

social just wasn't good enough

when he took back he played into chrome

thought had something around turn dropped dead

sandyw123

Social Inclusion ran well, considering how lathered up he was before the race - finished in front of 7 others. California Chrome looks a horse that might have what it takes to win the 1st Triple Crown (in how many years)? He can win at a fast pace, slow pace, 1 1/4 miles, and 1 1/8. Why not 1 1/2 miles? He's got the right running style. Wouldn't you love to be at Belmont if he wins it all?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3317

Quote Originally Posted by sandyw123 View Post
    Social Inclusion ran well, considering how lathered up he was before the race - finished in front of 7 others. California Chrome looks a horse that might have what it takes to win the 1st Triple Crown (in how many years)? He can win at a fast pace, slow pace, 1 1/4 miles, and 1 1/8. Why not 1 1/2 miles? He's got the right running style. Wouldn't you love to be at Belmont if he wins it all?
    Yeah, but 3rd demanding race in 5 weeks. Tall order. Really think the powers that be should stretch out the Triple Crown races a bit. But the way CC is winning he may just do it.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4500

I agree he has the running style to win at Belmont. I don't think he will go at a fast pace with speed horse and burn out. The key is Espinoza knowing the 1 1/2 mile distance.

sandyw123

I agree with that. On the plus side, there won't be another horse in the race that's run 1 1/2 miles or a jockey who's been that far with the horse that he'll be riding. There will be a few regular Belmont riders though. It's too bad Espinoza couldn't take some time off his regular track and do some riding there to get more familiar with the ins and outs of the Belmont track.

TonyP
    Update your status

IM tired of hearing why other horses did not beat Chrome, no one is giving Chorme credit. well if htey had a clean trip in derby chrome would not have won, They did have clean tirps in the Preakness and still got smoked. then there is hte excuse of if he wasnt taken up at so so so well the ones in contention that were right there with Chrome coming around the turn (all had clean trips and all were running just as good) could not keep up and none of them were even close to him at finish, so can Chrome start getting the credit were its due, even if he does not win a TC (wich has not been done in how many years) he is still certainly a very good horse. If the Cali speed thing is a problem then asnwer this, why did the so called speed horses that were near him coming around the turn in California (Santa Antia specif speed favoring track) no were to be seen at finish? I his win was just because the track was speed favoring wouldnt the other horses have at least been close at finish cause the track being speed favoring should have carried the speed anyway, well I see he is a very good horse and was bred to be so not like most peeps think these owners know what their doing.

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I agree with that. On the plus side, there won't be another horse in the race that's run 1 1/2 miles or a jockey who's been that far with the horse that he'll be riding. There will be a few regular Belmont riders though. It's too bad Espinoza couldn't take some time off his regular track and do some riding there to get more familiar with the ins and outs of the Belmont track.
    Good point on your last sentence.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Sport needs a Triple Crown winner. Just may have one!!

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    IM tired of hearing why other horses did not beat Chrome, no one is giving Chorme credit. well if htey had a clean trip in derby chrome would not have won, They did have clean tirps in the Preakness and still got smoked. then there is hte excuse of if he wasnt taken up at so so so well the ones in contention that were right there with Chrome coming around the turn (all had clean trips and all were running just as good) could not keep up and none of them were even close to him at finish, so can Chrome start getting the credit were its due, even if he does not win a TC (wich has not been done in how many years) he is still certainly a very good horse. If the Cali speed thing is a problem then asnwer this, why did the so called speed horses that were near him coming around the turn in California (Santa Antia specif speed favoring track) no were to be seen at finish? I his win was just because the track was speed favoring wouldnt the other horses have at least been close at finish cause the track being speed favoring should have carried the speed anyway, well I see he is a very good horse and was bred to be so not like most peeps think these owners know what their doing.
    Anyone that is not giving Chrome and that team credit is not watching the same races I , you, and many others are.

They did not beat him because they were not good enough.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Horse racing is the biggest sucker sport alive it makes rich men poor

A few rebate shops closed up already this year due to not enough volume

Horseracing eventually will be extinct in United States

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Horse racing is the biggest sucker sport alive it makes rich men poor

A few rebate shops closed up already this year due to not enough volume

Horseracing eventually will be extinct in United States

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom JJ.

TonyP
    Update your status

Social Inclusion only got 3rd cause he won the photo however still finished 8 lengths behind Chrome, IMO Social Inclusion is a miler.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

just read chrome might skip belmont if they cant use nasal strips(possibly ploy to get odds up perhaps??)...what exactly does a nasal strip look like on a horse? post a pic if possible please
    i would suspect it would have to be fairly sizeable give. the size of a horse head
    the photo with the story was close up from preakness and i couldnt see anything there.. side question ive tried nasal strips and i couldnt get them to stay on sleeping let alone racing. how the heck do they stay on a horse during a race?

my last question is in post race interview the owner took a potshot at churchill downs about hospitality....balsy on his half but anyone know what happened at churchill?

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Thanks for those pearls of wisdom JJ.
    dont let him kid you....as the only poster to ever spot jj in public i'll let it be known it was at a track....he AND his buddy were both wagering.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3317

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    just read chrome might skip belmont if they cant use nasal strips(possibly ploy to get odds up perhaps??)...what exactly does a nasal strip look like on a horse? post a pic if possible please
    i would suspect it would have to be fairly sizeable give. the size of a horse head
    the photo with the story was close up from preakness and i couldnt see anything there.. side question ive tried nasal strips and i couldnt get them to stay on sleeping let alone racing. how the heck do they stay on a horse during a race?

my last question is in post race interview the owner took a potshot at churchill downs about hospitality....balsy on his half but anyone know what happened at churchill?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...by-hospitality

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

ok the photo i saw it looked like part of the stripe down the nose..looking at it closer i see it...not sure i can believe its a performance enhancer

First 12