Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LEBRON JAMES Says he will RETIRE AFTER THE SEASON

LeBron James and other players won't play next season if Donald Sterling still is an NBA owner, according to Roger Mason Jr., vice president of the NBA Players Association.
    Mason told "Jim Rome on Showtime" this week that the players are united in boycotting the league next season if Sterling isn't removed as Clippers owner. The NBA owners committee met for the third time this week to discuss ousting Sterling.
    "If it's not handled by ... the start of next season, I don't see how we're playing basketball," Mason said. "I was just in the locker room with LeBron ... At the end of the day, you know we have leaders. We have player reps, we've got executive committee members ... Leaders of the teams, they're all saying the same thing, 'If this man is still in place, we ain't playing.'"
    Rome went on to ask: "So your guy LeBron, you think he would not play if Sterling were still in there when the [next] season started?"
    "I was just in the locker room three or four days ago. LeBron and I talked about it," Mason added. "He ain't playing if Sterling is still an owner."
    When asked about how players would react if Sterling's wife is kept on as an owner, Mason said: "There's no place for that family in the NBA."
    Both Donald and Shelly Sterling have said that they will do everything in thier legal rights to fight being removed as owners, and if either of them sues — or if they both do — what will happen if next season comes around and the Sterling saga still isn't settled? Will the players actually sit out? That's a nightmare scenario that new commissioner Adam Silver, praised for how he's handled Sterling so far, could be helpless to avoid.
    Back in April, the Golden State Warriors had a dramatic boycott planned for their playoff game against the Los Angeles Clippers had Silver not handed down an adequate punishment to Sterling.
    After Silver announced Sterling would be banned from the league for life, however, the game went on as planned.
    Sterling broke his silence in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Monday, speaking for the first time since audio of him making racist remarks was released. Sterling told Cooper he hoped the league would forgive him for his mistake and give him another chance.
    NESN contributed to this report.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

typical lebron. says lots…doesn't mean much.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Empty words.

Keep sterling so we can see what these bitches are made out of.

Beyond pathetic.
    They should give back all the money they made from these racist Jews and get some money from black people.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah I hope Sterling stays just to see if Lebron keeps his word.

If Lebron left the NBA he could go play in Italy.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Try and break an iron clad contract with the other owners,most of whom built their fortunes destroying unions

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Cuban was right all along.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Cuban was right all along.
    What did Cuban say?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

This is America at its finest. When the powerful and conniving want something, they strong arm you and take it. Its the American way, always has been. Its a shame what they are doing to Sterling.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-14-14 at 12:54 PM.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

All this talk. I just hope it's tied up in court at start of next season so we can see all these pussy naggers re-"nig" on their threats
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

i'll put my bet on the billionaire every time. sterlings will fight and could give a darn how long it last. suspending the nba will not hurt them nearly as much as the players. gl players.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Lebron is an idiot for saying this, because the other 20+ owners in the league have the utmost respect for black players and would never disrespect them in anyway behind hidden doors.

At this point this isn't a rise against Sterling himself but white NBA owners in general who have had complete power all these years. Sterling is simply a symbol.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

lebron is racist

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    What did Cuban say?
    he basically said that racism has no place in the league but adam silver was shooting himself in the foot by banning the sterling and making him sell when the law says otherwise.

gonna be interesting to see how this situation will be handled from now on

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

somehow this keeps getting worse and worse every day, and ya mark cuban nailed it. sterling clearly will not cooperate. what about the guys who are making league minimum? good luck having them boycott.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who cares

Nobody would but his pocketbook

NBA Wouid still Make tons of money

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who cares

Nobody would but his pocketbook

NBA Wouid still Make tons of money
    aint gona happen anyways. silver created a mess.

parexa
    parexa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

clippers are a shit team. they whine, they flop and they find a way to lose a game with 49 seconds left and up 7 points. only a pussy like chris paul would brainfart in a situation like this. i hope sterling wins

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

2 predictions. By Oct end when the next season starts sterling will still be the legal owner and the season will start as normal. It probably won't be until calendar year 2015 that Stelling is removed

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is going to take josh gordons spot

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

LeBron looking to make a friend or three among the many that hate him decides to really "step out" on the Sterling issue.

BFD

Nobody is going to do anything

jjgold

Whites control blacks in nba and they always will

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

who cares about lehair-line

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Whites control blacks in nba and they always will
    Let's not forget Sterling owned the Clippers when they were a meaningless team and the black players forget that. This is all about the political left and the demonazicrappies trying to make doughnuts out of anthills because their obozo the boy blunder cannot and will not do his job so they take all the attention off that boy clown they can (Obama for your knuckleheads who can't figure it out). A lot of rich white owners provided the venue and the capital to make a lot of black and white players a lot of money. I am sick and tired of the damn blacks and their constant whining it disgusts me! If you don't like this country leave you losers!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Killer_Demo, and Philmill

jjgold

Lebron making a fool out of himself

He would lose 100 millions not playing in ba

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

way to go lebron.....let the powers that be handle the situation.....open your dumbass mouth for no reason...if he was on the clippers maybe so....but stand up for your team a nd organization

jjgold

LeBron really is not that educated like most of the others

We just sit back and watch them embarrass themselves

parexa
    parexa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

lebron definitely one of the top 5 dumbest players of nba. but hes athletic. he will never be kobe or jordan though. this is his last year to get a championship and spurs very definitely ruin that anyway.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Good riddance lol The'll be 10 more Lebron's in the next 20 years ...peace lol F-uK Sterling also though ..old jackass , you made you're bed now go sleep in it ....

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

BULLSHIT!

Nobody gonna give up money to make a statement,NOBODY........

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Let Lebron retire. I don't think he realizes the owners write his checks.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

zero % chance this is resolved by oct.
    100% chance players take the court

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

I'm still trying to figure out why Lebron and Sterling are in the same topic?
    This is west coast drama but somehow Lebron has to get himself involved in this mess.
    He's trying way too hard to be the "role model" of the NBA by getting into controversial matters when all he should do is play ball.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LeBron James and other players won't play next season if Donald Sterling still is an NBA owner, according to Roger Mason Jr., vice president of the NBA Players Association.
    Mason told "Jim Rome on Showtime" this week that the players are united in boycotting the league next season if Sterling isn't removed as Clippers owner. The NBA owners committee met for the third time this week to discuss ousting Sterling.
    "If it's not handled by ... the start of next season, I don't see how we're playing basketball," Mason said. "I was just in the locker room with LeBron ... At the end of the day, you know we have leaders. We have player reps, we've got executive committee members ... Leaders of the teams, they're all saying the same thing, 'If this man is still in place, we ain't playing.'"
    Rome went on to ask: "So your guy LeBron, you think he would not play if Sterling were still in there when the [next] season started?"
    "I was just in the locker room three or four days ago. LeBron and I talked about it," Mason added. "He ain't playing if Sterling is still an owner."
    When asked about how players would react if Sterling's wife is kept on as an owner, Mason said: "There's no place for that family in the NBA."
    Both Donald and Shelly Sterling have said that they will do everything in thier legal rights to fight being removed as owners, and if either of them sues — or if they both do — what will happen if next season comes around and the Sterling saga still isn't settled? Will the players actually sit out? That's a nightmare scenario that new commissioner Adam Silver, praised for how he's handled Sterling so far, could be helpless to avoid.
    Back in April, the Golden State Warriors had a dramatic boycott planned for their playoff game against the Los Angeles Clippers had Silver not handed down an adequate punishment to Sterling.
    After Silver announced Sterling would be banned from the league for life, however, the game went on as planned.
    Sterling broke his silence in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Monday, speaking for the first time since audio of him making racist remarks was released. Sterling told Cooper he hoped the league would forgive him for his mistake and give him another chance.
    NESN contributed to this report.
    He never said he was retiring, he said " He ain't playing". He also said we aren't playing. Big difference. They'll play. Like I said before, did you see ANY of the Clippers "tearing up their paycheck's" . Of course not LOL

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Let Lebron retire. I don't think he realizes the owners write his checks.
    everyone trying to be macho now

Lebron needs to worry about winning a title

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

What BS from Lebron and the players.

With the estranged wife owning 50% and Sterling not giving an inch, this will be tied up in the courts for years. Especially, if Sterling thinks the Magic Johnson group will win the bid for the Team.

If they hold true to their word, they will have to go stay at Allen Iverson's bankrupt house, LOL.

123 Last