DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    But he can't make anymore money that would actually affect him. He could spend 1million dollars a day for the rest of his life and he wouldn't run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    He couldn't last a year at that rate ! No athlete could.
    Do I smell a sequel??

Untitled-1.jpg
    Attached Images  

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lebron could never play football today!! I hope you guys are joking about this.......

He's way too soft after playing hoop for all these years.. It's not like switching to baseball.. Football you take hits and build your body up to get use to the real pounding outside of the skill set needed...

Lebron would break at the pro levels in a heart beat mentally and physically going Pro NFL.... Forget about football being a second sport for Lebron..

He ain't no Bo Jackson that was always playing both sports to stay sharp..
    LOL Lebron would dominate the NFL....too soft? No evidence at all to suggest that.....I guess if he couldn't mentally handle it would be the only thing preventing him from being a star.....Because physically he would kill it

How would average D Backs cover him in a jump ball situation in the redzone? They couldn't....

He's obviously not playing in the NFL but I have no doubts at all he could if he wanted to

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    LOL Lebron would dominate the NFL....too soft? No evidence at all to suggest that.....I guess if he couldn't mentally handle it would be the only thing preventing him from being a star.....Because physically he would kill it

How would average D Backs cover him in a jump ball situation in the redzone? They couldn't....

He's obviously not playing in the NFL but I have no doubts at all he could if he wanted to
    No way he makes it in the NFL and or even gets signed immediately..

Sure he's got a big body, can jump out of the building and is athletic at his size like nobody else.. That doesn't immediately translate into a great signed NFL pro player over night.. Like I said playing basketball is one thing but playing pro football is a different beast..

I'd like to see him try though....

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

Basketball and Football are two different animals when it come to physical contact.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It would be the worst financial decision probably in American History if he retired

He of course is bluffing

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

He is 100% full of shit

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

I dont support Sterling but he will win his case vs the NBA the action they took was to high.
    There is freedom of speech and I really dont see a 500 mill release of ownership because he
    said stay away from Magic he is black an has aids. No way he loses this case he can buy the
    best Lawyers around
    Last edited by konck; 05-16-14 at 05:49 PM.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

lol. sterling is a genius business man. u think people can just fck with his business, his money, and he'd just be silent and go away without a fight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

NBA bylaws say otherwise.. Normal laws won't hold up in court.. If 3/4 of all the NBA owners vote him out - he's gonna be out.. He'll put up a good fight in court and this will drag out past next season probably..

I'll be interested to see if the Clipper players and coaches show up for game 1 of next season.. It's damn hard to walk away from that kind of money if there are no guarantee that all Clipper players will be awarded free agency and immediate other jobs paying the same.. These players have families and bills to pay..

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    NBA bylaws say otherwise.. Normal laws won't hold up in court.. If 3/4 of all the NBA owners vote him out - he's gonna be out.. He'll put up a good fight in court and this will drag out past next season probably..

I'll be interested to see if the Clipper players and coaches show up for game 1 of next season.. It's damn hard to walk away from that kind of money if there are no guarantee that all Clipper players will be awarded free agency and immediate other jobs paying the same.. These players have families and bills to pay..
    He wont lose in court

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LeBron James and other players won't play next season if Donald Sterling still is an NBA owner, according to Roger Mason Jr., vice president of the NBA Players Association.
    Mason told "Jim Rome on Showtime" this week that the players are united in boycotting the league next season if Sterling isn't removed as Clippers owner. The NBA owners committee met for the third time this week to discuss ousting Sterling.
    "If it's not handled by ... the start of next season, I don't see how we're playing basketball," Mason said. "I was just in the locker room with LeBron ... At the end of the day, you know we have leaders. We have player reps, we've got executive committee members ... Leaders of the teams, they're all saying the same thing, 'If this man is still in place, we ain't playing.'"
    Rome went on to ask: "So your guy LeBron, you think he would not play if Sterling were still in there when the [next] season started?"
    "I was just in the locker room three or four days ago. LeBron and I talked about it," Mason added. "He ain't playing if Sterling is still an owner."
    When asked about how players would react if Sterling's wife is kept on as an owner, Mason said: "There's no place for that family in the NBA."
    Both Donald and Shelly Sterling have said that they will do everything in thier legal rights to fight being removed as owners, and if either of them sues — or if they both do — what will happen if next season comes around and the Sterling saga still isn't settled? Will the players actually sit out? That's a nightmare scenario that new commissioner Adam Silver, praised for how he's handled Sterling so far, could be helpless to avoid.
    Back in April, the Golden State Warriors had a dramatic boycott planned for their playoff game against the Los Angeles Clippers had Silver not handed down an adequate punishment to Sterling.
    After Silver announced Sterling would be banned from the league for life, however, the game went on as planned.
    Sterling broke his silence in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Monday, speaking for the first time since audio of him making racist remarks was released. Sterling told Cooper he hoped the league would forgive him for his mistake and give him another chance.
    NESN contributed to this report.
    Can we get rid of this thread after three days??? Nobody is retiring or not playing next year!!! This is freaking stupid.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    LeBron signs autographs at games for black kids but not white kids.
    My dad got autographs from the great Phila Athletic teams of the early 1930's. Dad got Lefty Grove's autograph & revealed when a black kid next to him asked for an autograph Grove brushed him away.
    Things have changed.

First 123