BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Poor Marlins

They had one thing going for them, just like the Mets last year with Harvey.

1 out of every 5 days, at least they got to sell a few tickets and have something exciting to watch.

How many losses are they going to finish with now?

I would have given them a shot at 74-76 with my boy healthy.

Currently 20-19.

I'm gonna say they win 65 and possibly less.

RIP Fernandez #16
    Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 05-13-14 at 05:14 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    They had one thing going for them, just like the Mets last year with Harvey.

1 out of every 5 days, at least they got to sell a few tickets and have something exciting to watch.

How many losses are they going to finish with now?

I would have given them a shot at 74-76 with my boy healthy.

Currently 20-19.

I'm gonna say they win 65 and possibly less.
    koehler
    turner
    eovaldi
    alvarez

are all capable and the line-up is starting to hit better. I do think they finish last in the division now if the Mets stay healthy though. Its a tough division.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    koehler
    turner
    eovaldi
    alvarez

are all capable and the line-up is starting to hit better. I do think they finish last in the division now if the Mets stay healthy though. Its a tough division.
    0 chance.
    Losing Fernandez will deflate them instantly.
    That lineup won't last, just had a good few weeks at home.
    Starting pitching is well below average.
    They may lose 100 games still, but they do benefit of getting to play the Mets for about 24 games, so that will help them a little.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Ya Marlins are pretty... Well there is someone else on these forums who complains about betting a really good team only when they lose vs shitties and then not betting when they win vs good teams. I just ran into the same thing but with the Marlins. I don't know when these guys will show up, pretty angry with them the past week

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

You feel "sorry" for Marlins upper management? Did I get that right? They of 3 firesales, 2 at the whim of Jeff Loria?

Feel sorry for FLA fans. Feel sorry for G. Stanton. But don't feel sorry for lack of ticket sales. Nobody should show up to watch that joke of a franchise.

That said I do feel bad for the kid. Was on pace to be the top arm in baseball. But with his violent delivery and overstress on his shoulder and elbow I can't say I'm surprised.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    You feel "sorry" for Marlins upper management? Did I get that right? They of 3 firesales, 2 at the whim of Jeff Loria?

Feel sorry for FLA fans. Feel sorry for G. Stanton. But don't feel sorry for lack of ticket sales. Nobody should show up to watch that joke of a franchise.

That said I do feel bad for the kid. Was on pace to be the top arm in baseball. But with his violent delivery and overstress on his shoulder and elbow I can't say I'm surprised.
    That was directed towards the team and the fans.
    I told you 1 out of every 5 days ppl had something to be excited about and actually have a halfway decent crowd to cheer with.

Could care less about management lol.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

That was directed towards the team and the fans.
    I told you 1 out of every 5 days ppl had something to be excited about and actually have a halfway decent crowd to cheer with.

Could care less about management lol.

Gotcha. I must have misunderstood. Sorry pal.

BennyBigNuts

I know most of us spend time bumping threads we were right on, but here's one I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong with.
    These kids have fight in them.
    They are fun to watch.
    They have a possible rotation for next year that can even contend if they get one big bat with Stanton (McGhee has been solid, but he's not exactly a threat and is more of a #6 hitter).
    They need to cut down on Ozuna's big swing during the offseason and teach him to concentrate making more contact, lots of potential with him.
    Props to Redmond for getting the most out of those kids this year, especially after losing their ace.
    Still a month left to play, but they have already exceeded expectations by far this year.

Major team on the rise.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I know most of us spend time bumping threads we were right on, but here's one I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong with.
    These kids have fight in them.
    They are fun to watch.
    They have a possible rotation for next year that can even contend if they get one big bat with Stanton (McGhee has been solid, but he's not exactly a threat and is more of a #6 hitter).
    They need to cut down on Ozuna's big swing during the offseason and teach him to concentrate making more contact, lots of potential with him.
    Props to Redmond for getting the most out of those kids this year, especially after losing their ace.
    Still a month left to play, but they have already exceeded expectations by far this year.

Major team on the rise.
    Real talk