Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Just when the NBA was acheiving diversity in ownership.... Jordan and Jay Z banned...

Shit, just when African American ownership of NBA franchises was starting to flourish, it gets cut down at the knees. A report is coming out later today that the NBA is going to ban Jay Z (he used the "n" word 179 times last night in a concert, 215 times the night before, etc. etc., and called all bitches "hos") and Michael Jordan (he confirmed yesterday that he did indeed state that he is "against all white people") from having any ownership of a NBA franchise. The NBA has placed itself in this unfortunate box as a result of the Donald Sterling debacle.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver should've listened to Mark Cuban, who warned of the "slipery slope" his ruling on Sterling was creating..... shit, it's not like Silver couldn't hear him -- with the size of those ears he's sportin' he should have been able to hear Cuban from a mile away! What does he use to clean those things? Two pillows tied to each end of a row boat oar?!?!?

AD
    Name:  012914+lebron+james+adam+silver.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  23.1 KB
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-12-14 at 11:51 AM. Reason: erkle and the commish chillin..... Is it just me or is the commish killin' Bron's vibe?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm, and jjgold

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Is this an article from The Onion?

Jordan and Jay-Z banned from ownership? Yeah right.

I do agree, though, that Silver's decision will do more harm than good in the end. He became Mr. Popular in the moment by pacifying the simpleton NBA players and knee-jerk media, without thinking of long-term repercussions.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

jay z sold his shares in the nets to become an agent, dumbfuk.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    jay z sold his shares in the nets to become an agent, dumbfuk.

an agent that can't have any negotiatins/transactions with any nba team or player, and who can't come onto the premises of any nba arena or practice facility..... His nba clientele will dry up quicker than an 80-yr old's yeast infested vagina!

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

All of the NBA owners should be put on lie detectors and asked how often and when they used the 'N" word.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Comish also said he didn't want ANY Sterlings owing any % of an NBA team. Is this true or am I talking outta my a$$?

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Comish also said he didn't want ANY Sterlings owing any % of an NBA team. Is this true or am I talking outta my a$$?
    that's what i heard too, when sterling's old lady started piping off about taking over..... saw it go by at the bottom of CNN, so it must be true.....

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

So if my father is a bigot, under the NBA Constitution I could never own a team?

I/O

So if my father is a WHITE bigot, under the NBA Constitution I could never own a team?

Auto Donk

So if my father is a bigot, under the NBA Constitution I could never own a team?
    it's a bitch.... i can't own an nba team because someone got video of me at a top end restaurant here in houston, while eating my lobster bisque and finding the croutons that came with the bisque to be stale, asking the black waiter "what's with these crackers?"....

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I told everyone Silver fukked up on this one.

They know lawsuits are coming from Sterling's camp and this is going to be the kind of stuff he would bring up.

NBA has to do this shit to everyone now.

Cuban was right.

Shit is going to get ugly because of this invasion of the guy's privacy in his own home, AND the overreaction trying to get rid of him.

NBA is going to look like a group of stupid fukks here, and Silver's first bigtime decision couldn't have been any worse.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

I/O

The Sterlings are playing the media like a fiddle now (the old man and the wife). This Silver dope is in for a rude awakening. They will get paid well.

Auto Donk

Silver was, quite literally, the posterboy for many a Nazi anti-Semitic propaganda poster of the 1930's/early 1940's; and is a very smart Jewish lawyer, with a very large group of equally smart jews advising him and the league. I can't believe they would screw the pooch this badly, and go out on the "we're gonna force him to sell the team" limb if the league had not reserved such a power of forced divestiture.....

If Sterling didn't sign something giving the league the right to force him to sell his property under these specific circumstances, the bottom line is the league will lose. Simply put, in this country you cannot force a private citizen to sell his property for merely exercising his free speech rights guaranteed to him by the U.S. Constitution, no matter how stupid, incendiary or racist his comments may have been.

Granted, this property could very well lose all of its value if players refuse to play for the team, and no sponsorship/advertising money comes in.... The racist pig might as well sell it b/c it's going to lose a ton of value if he doesn't......

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

the nba is trash anyways

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's up with Silver's eyes in that photo? He on something?

I/O

Points Awarded:

TankHankerous gave I/O 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good stuff Donks

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Can't we all just not fuk'in get along?

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    What's up with Silver's eyes in that photo? He on something?
    I didn't even get to the eyes.... after seeing the huge ears and brown teeth, I had to switch over to Kendrick Lamar/erkel/king james or whoever the hell that black guy is beside him.... like Donald Sterling said in his interview earlier today, "they all look the same, especially when they wear those thick rimmed black glasses."
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-12-14 at 05:23 PM.

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Silver was, quite literally, the posterboy for many a Nazi anti-Semitic propaganda poster of the 1930's/early 1940's; and is a very smart Jewish lawyer, with a very large group of equally smart jews advising him and the league. I can't believe they would screw the pooch this badly, and go out on the "we're gonna force him to sell the team" limb if the league had not reserved such a power of forced divestiture.....

If Sterling didn't sign something giving the league the right to force him to sell his property under these specific circumstances, the bottom line is the league will lose. Simply put, in this country you cannot force a private citizen to sell his property for merely exercising his free speech rights guaranteed to him by the U.S. Constitution, no matter how stupid, incendiary or racist his comments may have been.

Granted, this property could very well lose all of its value if players refuse to play for the team, and no sponsorship/advertising money comes in.... The racist pig might as well sell it b/c it's going to lose a ton of value if he doesn't......
    Damn straight! Well said! Just because some two bit sleazy gold digg'in whore sells you out, doesn't mean you have to give up your right to own a team that got you the two bit sleazy whore in the first place.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 05-12-14 at 05:29 PM.

mikejamm

NBA commissioner Adam Silver should've listened to Mark Cuban, who warned of the "slipery slope" his ruling on Sterling was creating..... shit, it's not like Silver couldn't hear him -- with the size of those ears he's sportin' he should have been able to hear Cuban from a mile away! What does he use to clean those things? Two pillows tied to each end of a row boat oar?!?!?
    Two pillows tied to each end of a row boat oar?!?! Fuk'in instant classic AD! Easily one of the best posts here ever!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Points Awarded:

I/O gave The Giant 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O, and packerd_00

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Two pillows tied to each end of a row boat oar?!?! Fuk'in instant classic AD! Easily one of the best posts here ever!
    Does anybody actually listen to this ^^^ Mikejamm fa99ot? He's such a loser.... the IQ of an aluminum can.

I/O

Sterling torches Magic!! Fukin love it!!

This old bat ain't backing down. Going down fighting. Just like I hoped!

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Well white bigots are the only type of bigots I've ever seen

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If this is really how you view it, you're an idiot

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

The Sterling family is finished in the NBA if the owners vote him out. The Sterling family can hire as many lawyers as they like, they can scheme all they want and talk about Magic Johnson all day, it won't make a difference.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Did the rest you got last night at a Holiday Inn Express make you feel qualified to give a legal opinion?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

He did. Free speech is irrelevant here. The only constitution that matters here is the NBA's constitution.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    really?

You should listen to some black people sometime. They are the undisputed champs at it. You clearly missed the whole sterling/nba media extravaganza last week.

Luckycharms2012

I don't see why people are so confused regarding how the league can take the team from Sterling. Owning an NBA franchise is not a right, you must be selected by the board of governors and you have to sign various character and morality clauses. These clauses are in place not only to protect the franchise but the league and all the other franchises. If one owner says something racist, it taints the team and the image of the league REGARDLESS of how the information was released. Once something is tainted you cannot "untaint", the damage is done. If this was a private business he could say whatever he wants and nobody can sell his business but professional sports in a public league is a totally different animal. Sterling is done and that Anderson Cooper interview sealed any chance he had because in speaking Sterling admitted he tarnished the league with his comments, that admission alone is a breach of his contract with the league. Sterling is done.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    I don't see why people are so confused regarding how the league can take the team from Sterling. Owning an NBA franchise is not a right, you must be selected by the board of governors and you have to sign various character and morality clauses. These clauses are in place not only to protect the franchise but the league and all the other franchises. If one owner says something racist, it taints the team and the image of the league REGARDLESS of how the information was released. Once something is tainted you cannot "untaint", the damage is done. If this was a private business he could say whatever he wants and nobody can sell his business but professional sports in a public league is a totally different animal. Sterling is done and that Anderson Cooper interview sealed any chance he had because in speaking Sterling admitted he tarnished the league with his comments, that admission alone is a breach of his contract with the league. Sterling is done.
    It all depends on your lawyers and how the judge/jury sees things.

Any case can be brought. Any case can be won. Regardless of contracts etc. If Sterling can show a chink in the NBA armor, OR HIS WIFE, the NBA will throw a ton of money at them TO LEAVE. Sterling has been around a long long time and may know things to help the NBA see things his way. He also has been lawyer friendly for many years. Lawsuits and court time is nothing to an old man close to death. Magic worked him and he knows it. Doesn't look like he's gonna take this lying down.

Make all those fukin owners take lie detector tests.

Also, there's all kinds of racists involved in the NBA in one way or another.....and are still!

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    no doubt

I'm sure you are not alone

Luckycharms2012

I should correct myself, Sterling said he embarrassed and humiliated the league.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Please stop with you made up stories and some idiot posters believing this is actually factual. You are ACTING like the FOX NEWS of SBR

12 Last