Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    It all depends on your lawyers and how the judge/jury sees things.

Any case can be brought. Any case can be won. Regardless of contracts etc. If Sterling can show a chink in the NBA armor, OR HIS WIFE, the NBA will throw a ton of money at them TO LEAVE. Sterling has been around a long long time and may know things to help the NBA see things his way. He also has been lawyer friendly for many years. Lawsuits and court time is nothing to an old man close to death. Magic worked him and he knows it. Doesn't look like he's gonna take this lying down.

Make all those fukin owners take lie detector tests.

Also, there's all kinds of racists involved in the NBA in one way or another.....and are still!
    You can find a lawyer to litigate ANYTHING doesn't mean it's a viable case. This case is not viable in any way. There is no chink. The whole premise of the case would be based on character and besides this latest slip up he sounded pretty intolerant in his interview last night and had to silence himself from saying something racist a few times, "you'll never see a black person....umm sorry nevermind." If you go back in his past you'll find a history of racism and discrimination. Again you can find a lawyer to litigate anything (who doesn't want to get paid?) but is it likely Sterling will win? Not likely at all, like 1% chance, it's like a +2500 wager. The league doesn't start next year if the Sterlings are there. Players will walk, a few ex players are saying start a new league. Fans pay to see players not owners.
    Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 05-13-14 at 08:48 AM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    You can find a lawyer to litigate ANYTHING doesn't mean it's a viable case. This case is not viable in any way. There is no chink. The whole premise of the case would be based on character and besides this latest slip up he sounded pretty intolerant in his interview last night and had to silence himself from saying something racist a few times, "you'll never see a black person....umm sorry nevermind." If you go back in his past you'll find a history of racism and discrimination. Again you can find a lawyer to litigate anything (who doesn't want to get paid?) but is it likely Sterling will win? Not likely at all, like 1% chance, it's like a +2500 wager. The league doesn't start next year if the Sterlings are there. Players will walk, a few ex players are saying start a new league. Fans pay to see players not owners.
    better chance of Obamacare being around in 10 years than seeing these hypocrites forgo a paycheck.

Seriously, anyone who thinks these players would walk are delusional.

Luckycharms2012

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    better chance of Obamacare being around in 10 years than seeing these hypocrites forgo a paycheck.

Seriously, anyone who thinks these players would walk are delusional.
    You're delusional if you think they wouldn't walk. These guys have millions of dollars they can afford to walk. You buy into the hype that all athletes can be bought and they only care about money. Believe me when I tell you they WILL 100% definitely walk. 1000000% sure from what I've already heard and when I say heard I don't mean through the media. Adam Silver is bent over.

brooks85

You're delusional if you think they wouldn't walk. These guys have millions of dollars they can afford to walk. You buy into the hype that all athletes can be bought and they only care about money. Believe me when I tell you they WILL 100% definitely walk. 1000000% sure from what I've already heard and when I say heard I don't mean through the media. Adam Silver is bent over.
    I'm curious, do you actually think anyone believes any of that?

Luckycharms2012

If you're not a minority I think it would be hard to put yourself in their shoes and judge how they'd act after facing racism from their boss. It's easy for someone not accustomed to racism to say they will just forget it and cash the check, but if you're a minority you'd know that's not going to happen. Regular everyday minorities get upset over racism, it's hard to imagine these privileged black guys who haven't faced racism in years would have a thick skin towards it. They've been pampered since they got in the league, if anything they are probably more upset and hurt than the average black guy who faces more racism than a rich black athlete. These days I find it's more about class than race, you give poor customer service to a bum he won't complain, you give poor customer service to an elite person they'll be on the phone to your district manager, those players won't stand for the racism, they will walk 100% sure of it.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

They don't really have to walk away! Just imagine what the other 29 owners would do if the players go on strike.

And all of those doubting Sterling's got a chance here are kidding yourselves.

This has gotten so bad and now egos are coming in the way. If Sterling goes to court and lets say for argument sake he wins, NBA has enough power to make the Clippers irrelevant and he would be out of the 1 Billion he might get from selling the team.

brooks85

That's my point, the player's have gone on strike essentially 4 times in NBA history and each time it was about money. This is not some social movement, these are highly paid employee's and their only concern is money. The idea they would forgo a paycheck and go on strike over anything other than higher salaries has no legs to stand on.

Luckycharms2012

In the AC360 interview Sterling said he wants to abide by what the owners and the league say. He said he doesn't want to fight with the league thats been good to him. Ten minutes ago a lawyer on CNN said Sterling went to 6 different law firms and they didn't want to take his case. Maybe Sterling knows his chances are shitty that's why he's not talking about fighting.

Luckycharms2012

That's my point, the player's have gone on strike essentially 4 times in NBA history and each time it was about money. This is not some social movement, these are highly paid employee's and their only concern is money. The idea they would forgo a paycheck and go on strike over anything other than higher salaries has no legs to stand on.
    You're totally missing the point. This IS a social movement. It has nothing to with money. You're basing all your points on what you want to believe despite the fact you have no evidence to back it up. You "WANT TO BELIEVE" the players won't walk, you "THINK" its all about the money and they need to cash chqs, you "don't think" the players would start a new league, HOWEVER thats not whats being said by the players and ex players. It may be a front, but you cannot say that it is, and you'd be foolish to believe that this isn't a social issue for the players, i laugh at that statement, HA HA!

brooks85

You're totally missing the point. This IS a social movement. It has nothing to with money. You're basing all your points on what you want to believe despite the fact you have no evidence to back it up. You "WANT TO BELIEVE" the players won't walk, you "THINK" its all about the money and they need to cash chqs, you "don't think" the players would start a new league, HOWEVER thats not whats being said by the players and ex players. It may be a front, but you cannot say that it is, and you'd be foolish to believe that this isn't a social issue for the players, i laugh at that statement, HA HA!
    sure I can. Money trumps all for these players, it's a front. Did you stop to consider who is going to pay for this new league? lol

Luckycharms2012

No you can't say that at all. "Money trumps all for these players." Again how do you know?

There's enough money within the NBAPA, ex players and interested new owners to start a new league. I think a new league could come together a lot faster than you believe with a lot of possible minority owners just itching for an opportunity. Mayweather would want a team, Del La Hoya would want a team, I'm sure MJ would take a team, Magic, Jay-z, Oprah, David Geffin, Jimmy Iovine, lots of people who have money have expressed interest in owning a team and if they started a new league it wouldn't be as expensive as buying an existing team in the NBA. Do I think this will happen, no, and that's because the league and the owners will get rid of Sterling. The owners can do the math they know what to do.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

mother of god.. ive got my fill of sbr dumb shit for the day... you have got to be the dumbest fukk on the planet to think that the league wont start if shelly sterling still owns the team... and ill give you the chance to bet your life savings on it if she is...

Luckycharms2012

Time will tell. I'll make sure to bookmark this page and come back after its all said and done. My prediction is Sterling will be gone by next season.

PS: Anyone who thinks they wouldn't strike is the dumbest fuk ever. I almost hope the owners vote to keep Sterling just to see it go down. People act as if there hasn't been strikes in sports before, as if these rich players need the money like the average person. Time will tell. And if you had your fill of this conversation nobody told you to click on it and add your two cents, go cap some games, fukkboy.
    Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 05-13-14 at 11:43 AM.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    it's a bitch.... i can't own an nba team because someone got video of me at a top end restaurant here in houston, while eating my lobster bisque and finding the croutons that came with the bisque to be stale, asking the black waiter "what's with these crackers?"....
    Classic

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Well white bigots are the only type of bigots I've ever seen
    You dont meet many people I take it,get out of the house. Theres bigots in every race.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Although the circumstances in these two cases are not identical I have two words for anybody who thinks sterling will hold on to this team throughout 2014.

Marge Schott.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody is striking

Players are not giving up Money over racial comment

I know black players are very very stupid and unintelligent but are they this dumb??

Luckycharms2012

Barkley isn't talking out of his ass, this is already the talk with the players in the league. Lebron SAYS it hasn't been discussed yet, I won't say how because it doesn't matter and nobody will believe me, but i know for a FACT he's lying. Players have discussed this already, i've heard chatter since day 2 of the Sterling saga, players wanted to boycott right then and there but because Adam Silver came down so harshly and asked the board of governors to remove Sterling, they felt boycotting would be overkill, but if Sterling isn't gone, the boycott is right back on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...pers-next-year

NBA PLAYERS UNION VP

http://www.xnsports.com/2014/05/13/n...lippers-owner/

Warriors had plans to boycott the playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/4/2...g-lifetime-ban

NBA UNION planned to boycott playoffs

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/29/s...tt-averted.ap/

Jarret Jack stance

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ing-sells-team

I never say things without at least some evidence. I don't make assumptions and talk out of my ass like some people.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Guess you don't understand how the monkey kingdom lives with millions.
    95% are waiting on that monthly check from the NBA that is already spent once they get it, not to mention being in debt.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

i would like to see a boycott. Sterlings don't give a fck if there's a strike. Billionaires vs. millionaires (that fckn' spend like crazy), who do u think would blink first. Money over morals, otherwise we'd be on strike right now.

Luckycharms2012

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post

Guess you don't understand how the monkey kingdom lives with millions.
    95% are waiting on that monthly check from the NBA that is already spent once they get it, not to mention being in debt.

All due respect, you really don't know that. You're stereotyping. The whole thread is filled with stereotypes and no real facts. Not all NBA players spend their yearly salary in a month. Some guys that aren't used to money probably could spend it (rookies). At the end of the day, the most popular players will be the ones calling the shots. If Lebron, KD, Wade, Kobe, etc, if they say boycott the rest of the league will follow, the younger players that haven't accumulated a lot of money will get shouted down and they will suffer the most. That's how it is in all unions, not everyone fairs well but it's a strike nobody will be making money, players and owners, it's not supposed to be a good situation.

Luckycharms2012

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    i would like to see a boycott. Sterlings don't give a fck if there's a strike. Billionaires vs. millionaires (that fckn' spend like crazy), who do u think would blink first. Money over morals, otherwise we'd be on strike right now.
    The only reason they're not on strike right now is because of optics. Adam Silver did everything he could at the time, it would have been in poor taste to strike, its not the fans fault, Silver did all he could, so they played because its the fair thing to do.....if Sterling isn't not gone by next season that will be a different story. We shall see...all i'm doing is reporting what i hear and read.

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Well white bigots are the
    only type of bigots I've ever seen
    You must live a sheltered life.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

don't display your ignorance fellas. We are dealing with contract law.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

All due respect, you really don't know that. You're stereotyping. The whole thread is filled with stereotypes and no real facts. Not all NBA players spend their yearly salary in a month. Some guys that aren't used to money probably could spend it (rookies). At the end of the day, the most popular players will be the ones calling the shots. If Lebron, KD, Wade, Kobe, etc, if they say boycott the rest of the league will follow, the younger players that haven't accumulated a lot of money will get shouted down and they will suffer the most. That's how it is in all unions, not everyone fairs well but it's a strike nobody will be making money, players and owners, it's not supposed to be a good situation.

I would change the first part of your response to "With no respect at all:"
    Cant hold the black man down forever with your words Benny. We are stronger than you in most cases. You dont want a fight so just use your words, you minority.

Luckycharms2012

Let's not get too nasty guys, we're just debating. All friends here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Although the circumstances in these two cases are not identical I have two words for anybody who thinks sterling will hold on to this team throughout 2014.

Marge Schott.
    She lost her team cuz her dog kept shitting on the field.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Did the rest you got last night at a Holiday Inn Express make you feel qualified to give a legal opinion?
    no, but taking Constitutional Law during my first year at the UT School of Law under nationally-renowned Professor Charles Alan Wright, considered to be one of the top constitutional law scholars in this nation until his death in 2000, and the 24 plus years of law practice I have under my belt, certainly do......

First 12