mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Someone explain to me why Spurs are -400 to win series?

I really want to know.
    Don't say its how they matchup. Anyone who has watched these teams play know that the Blazers have a great shot to win or atleast push it to 7 and then anything can happen....They've showed they can play great on the road.The spurs just got pushed to brink by a Mavericks team that is waaaay inferior than Blazers...

I cant see people laying -400 on the Spurs in this seris....and I defiantly could see a lot of people betting the hot blazers are lillards 3 point game winner and on such a hot team.

Doesnt make sense. Mabye they think Blazers steal game 1 and then they are going to get pounded by Spurs series?????

AntGualdieri1
    AntGualdieri1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

nba: where the refs impact the game so much that theres no chance the spurs will lose this series

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don't like the Blazers chances at all here. Just me but I think they rely on the jumper way too much to beat the Spurs.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

IMO the Spurs are the best team in the NBA and most balanced

In most cases you need to play great to beat them

Dallas played over their heads and this series easily could of been 4-1 or 4-2

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Spurs vs. Thunder West Finals is predestined.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

I think this is the shortest of the 4 series. Spurs in 5. Portland doesn't match up well, and they don't have the experience. Spurs will want a short series to rest up for Thunder/Clippers.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by AntGualdieri1 View Post
    nba: where the refs impact the game so much that theres no chance the spurs will lose this series
    lol since when did the NBA like the Spurs they have the lowest rated NBA finals series

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

For the posters that are stating that the Blazers matchup unfavorably, can you get into which matchups you believe the Spurs are that much better at? I don't see it. Spurs have the experience and they play system basketball, but the Blazers have more weapons to exploit and it's much easier to defend against the Spurs' offense, than it is the Blazers' offense.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow really you really think the blazers are going to go out in 5??? Wow is all I have to say to your comment. Portland doesn't matchup well?? Wtf???just because the spurs WANT a short series doesn't mean they'll get it. I'm sure the spurs wanted a short series versus the mavericks but look how that turned out. Blazers have an excellent shot
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneylineExpress View Post
    I think this is the shortest of the 4 series. Spurs in 5. Portland doesn't match up well, and they don't have the experience. Spurs will want a short series to rest up for Thunder/Clippers.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Blazers don't have even close to as many weapons. Spurs bench is gonna hurt Portland big time. This series will probably be over in 5.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Blazers don't have even close to as many weapons. Spurs bench is gonna hurt Portland big time. This series will probably be over in 5.
    Aren't you the self proclaimed NBA guru? When your best asset is your bench in the playoffs, you aren't getting very far. Duncan is a terrific player, but he's a shell of his former self. The Blazers have the athleticism and talent to defend the Spurs' system.

High3rEl3m3nt

A deep bench full of system players certainly has its benefits...in the regular season, as the Spurs can win regular season games while preserving its aging cast for the playoffs.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Just think about your odds after the Spurs win game 1

FSUnole05
    FSUnole05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Aren't you the self proclaimed NBA guru? When your best asset is your bench in the playoffs, you aren't getting very far. Duncan is a terrific player, but he's a shell of his former self. The Blazers have the athleticism and talent to defend the Spurs' system.
    I don't know that I would call 15ppg 10rpg and 50% FG in 29.5 mpg a shell of his former self. That's still pretty productive IMHO. Maybe he can't take over a game like he used to and that's what you're referring to.
    Last edited by FSUnole05; 05-05-14 at 06:31 PM. Reason: stat correction

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    A) Duncan is the same player he was last year pal. Spurs cruised to the finals.
    B) The Blazers don't know how to play pick and roll defense consistently. They are built to play defense on the wings, not at the top of the key.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

you have to remember, lines are not set based on actual probabilities, but public perception

they are probably expecting a lot of spurs action and they are trying to not get overexposed

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    I really want to know.
    Don't say its how they matchup. Anyone who has watched these teams play know that the Blazers have a great shot to win or atleast push it to 7 and then anything can happen....They've showed they can play great on the road.The spurs just got pushed to brink by a Mavericks team that is waaaay inferior than Blazers...

I cant see people laying -400 on the Spurs in this seris....and I defiantly could see a lot of people betting the hot blazers are lillards 3 point game winner and on such a hot team.

Doesnt make sense. Mabye they think Blazers steal game 1 and then they are going to get pounded by Spurs series?????
    Ummm...let me make this short and to the point....They're better?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The NBA is a slow-moving process.

Up-and-coming teams don't just wind up in the conference finals, unless they are the Miami Heat.

Portland won a round this year. That's a nice building block for their future, but this is where it ends.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The NBA is a slow-moving process.

Up-and-coming teams don't just wind up in the conference finals, unless they are the Miami Heat.

Portland won a round this year. That's a nice building block for their future, but this is where it ends.
    agreed, same can be said about Washington imo

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

blazers are not that good anyway, they started off good but then they deflated, they got lucky they faced a dwight howard led team in the first round, any other team in the west would have eliminated them

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Portland has always played San Antonio tough and I expect another hard fought series, but San Antonio will just prove too much. San Antonio is a veteran team that knows how to handle the pressure and emotions at this time of year. While Portland's length and athleticism will give the Spurs problems, the Spurs are simply a better and more consistent defensive team. Portland is going to have a harder time defending the Spurs pick and roll and rotations. Coach Pop and home court just add to the Spur's advantage. I'm thinking Spurs in 6.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    agreed, same can be said about Washington imo
    don't count out big black vagina roy hibbert costing pacers the advance to ecf.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

because Blazers just glad to be here. Spurs might sweep them.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

+300 on portland series looking real nice. But spurs at home isa different animal

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Blazers live and die by the jumper...you saw it in their post all star break record when they were losing left and right. I expect them to be a tough matchup but they dont play much defense and unless they shoot lights out I dont see them winning the series. Would never lay the spurs series price though.