LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Lakers Plan To Reach Out for Thibodeau

Will seek permission from Bulls to interview him.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12810

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Will seek permission from Bulls to interview him.
    That won't work!!! The Lakers like to score points. Tibs like to play high school games, you know 75-69, stuff like that. That won't fly in L.A. Nickleson will give up his court side seats first. LOL

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Figure no way Thibodeau will go to Lakers unless they offer a boatload more than he's getting now. I believe Thibodeau likes it in Chicago and the players "get" his system. Probably wouldn't care too much for the lakers players and how they better (and likely will) sign players once Kobe's gone. Chicago has already established what they do and it fits Thibodeaus system well.

But one thing I've thought about if he does leave it could be a foreshadowing on how Derrick Rose is really coming along. If Thibodeau believes he's never gonna be 90-95% of what he used to be, he could bolt, knowing that the Bulls need some PG that can dominate the ball. No matter how good the rest of the team plays, it was shown this year that they desperately need a solid PG. OR Carmelo.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

Too much competition out west. I can't see Showtime, and Thibodeau, in the same sentence. Blue collar coach already in a blue collar city.

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

Why would Thibodeau leave a Bulls Franchise that could become very good in the next couple of seasons for a Dried up Lakers?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Would be the worst job in the world for Tibbs.
    He should take this opportunity to get the Bulls to give him more money.

Kobe is at the end of his career and Tibbs isn't gonna be successful coaching that diva and his followers.

He needs to stay put or go to the Knicks.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post

Kobe is at the end of his career and Tibbs isn't gonna be successful coaching that diva and his followers.

I heard through a reliable source that "Eddie" Franklin got the Knicks coaching job!!!

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2464

tibs is staying put and wouldn't put himself in a situation with kobes bs

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Lakers want a big time coach not a coach who has no knowledge of offense. Lakers will sign a big name coach, will have Kobe back, Gasol stays because no D'antoni, a top 5 pick, sign a big name free agent, and resign Farmar, Nick Young, and Meeks

LT Profits

Maybe they want to start playing some defense? Anyhow, Lakers can't talk to him without permission, so first things first, let's see if Bulls grant it. or better yet, if Tibs even wants to interview.

ROYAJA8

I rather have my team scoring points than putting 69 points at home to get kicked out of the playoffs like usual. The guy is a defensive mastermind but really needs to read up on offensive strategies because whatever he's preaching is terrible. No way Lakers will give him the job.Please Stay with them weak bulls and never win anything.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    I rather have my team scoring points than putting 69 points at home to get kicked out of the playoffs like usual. The guy is a defensive mastermind but really needs to read up on offensive strategies because whatever he's preaching is terrible. No way Lakers will give him the job. Please Stay with them weak bulls and never win anything.
    Lakers are the ones initiating all this, they would not go through the hassle of seeking formal permission if they did not want him.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow are you a complete moron?? Take a look at the guys roster first before opening your stupid mouth kid. They lost their superstar & traded away their 2nd leading scorer, what the hell did you expect??
    I rather have my team scoring points than putting 69 points at home to get kicked out of the playoffs like usual. The guy is a defensive mastermind but really needs to read up on offensive strategies because whatever he's preaching is terrible. No way Lakers will give him the job.Please Stay with them weak bulls and never win anything.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He should never leave Chicago

If he goes its just a money move

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

In this day in age, I can't imagine any proven NBA coach wanting to coach the Lakers. The media and public won't be patient enough to let the Lakers rebuild and it's always the coach before the players.

ROYAJA8

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Wow are you a complete moron?? Take a look at the guys roster first before opening your stupid mouth kid. They lost their superstar & traded away their 2nd leading scorer, what the hell did you expect??
    Are you an idiot? They are playing in the east other than the heat, most rosters sucked. The bulls will never win anything with that guy as coach all he knows is defense just like D'antonio only knows offense. The bulls are stupid trading Deng, the coach should have opposed to it and not let it happen if he believed in his team.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tibbs has NEVER gotten along well with the two idiots in charge of the Bulls franchise. He won't leave for a shit franchise, even for more money, but would bolt in a second to one of the better one's, with the right situation.

The Bulls will never let him talk to anyone in the first place.

I/O

Are you an idiot? They are playing in the east other than the heat, most rosters sucked. The bulls will never win anything with that guy as coach all he knows is defense just like D'antonio only knows offense. The bulls are stupid trading Deng, the coach should have opposed to it and not let it happen if he believed in his team.
    They offered Deng the best number they could. He left for a higher one. Deng ain't all that and a bag of chips anyway. He was a system player and Tibbs system worked best for him. He will never be as good as he was in Chicago.

I/O

Lakers are the ones initiating all this, they would not go through the hassle of seeking formal permission if they did not want him.
    agreed

Tibbs is one of the best coaches in the NBA. I don't think many of the kids around here know anything about him or his history in the league.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post

What Diva? He's gone.

I/O

Lakers coaching rumors: Kobe Bryant wants Tom Thibodeau

http://fansided.com/2014/05/01/laker...bryant/#!G8mpr

I/O

Thibodeau saw Kobe Bryant's potential

Updated: November 22, 2010, 3:02 PM ET
    <cite class="source" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden;">By Nick Friedell | ESPNChicago.com</cite>

LOS ANGELES -- It was about 16 years ago in Saint Joseph's gym in Philadelphia, where a talented high school player first met an assistant coach for the Philadelphia 76ers.
    He was crucial. He was with me when I was 16 or 17 years old. Just doing drills and just working on ballhandling and just teaching me the game. He was there from Day 1.
    <cite style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; display: block; clear: right; text-align: right; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">-- Kobe Bryant, on Tom Thibodeau</cite>
    On Tuesday, for the first time since that meeting, the two meet while at the top of their professions as Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers host first-year head coach Tom Thibodeau and the Chicago Bulls.
    "He was crucial. He was with me when I was 16 or 17 years old," Bryant said Sunday night at Staples Center, after leading the Lakers to a 117-89 win over the Golden State Warriors. "Just doing drills and just working on ballhandling and just teaching me the game. He was there from Day 1."
    Bryant generated a national buzz while at Lower Merion High School in a Philadelphia suburb. He scrimmaged against NBA players at the invitation of former 76ers coach John Lucas, who was friends with Kobe's father Joe "Jellybean" Bryant, a former player and coach. The Charlotte Hornets drafted Bryant out of high school in 1996 and traded him to the Lakers for Vlade Divac.
    "His dad was coaching at LaSalle, and John Lucas was the [76ers] head coach, and they had known each other for a long time," Thibodeau said. "And we are practicing at St. Joe's. In Philly, everybody was around, high school players, college players, pros were all in the same gym.
    "You could just tell [that Bryant was special]. The way he would study everything. [It was] amazing for a high school kid."
    The pair grew close fairly quickly. Thibodeau spent extra time drilling Bryant whenever he could, and he could tell almost from the outset that Bryant had the chance to be special. Bryant had a quality that most players his age don't exhibit.

"His drive," Thibodeau said. "He was so driven.
    "He was a high school kid, and if he had a day off from school he'd be in the gym from eight in the morning till eight at night. And he was trying to play against the pros and watch everything and lift weights."
    Having been around basketball most of his life, Thibodeau knew what he was seeing.
    "You knew his talent," Thibodeau continued. "In high school, when he was playing against pros he looked like he belonged with them. You knew he was going to be special. But I think his drive is what really separates him when you combine that drive and intelligence with his talent. It's the top of the line."
    Bryant was too young to know anything about Thibodeau's future head coaching prospects. He was just happy a man in Thibodeau's position took a liking to his game and his ability.
    "When I was in high school I really didn't know what the hell was going on," Bryant said. "I just knew he was this really nice man who was very knowledgeable about the game and was willing to teach me things. Seeing him [as an assistant with the Boston Celtics], and in Houston before that, you knew that his time was going to come."
    Having coached against Bryant and the Lakers many times, including in last season's NBA Finals, Thibodeau is familiar with the evolution of Bryant's game.
    ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog

The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

"His greatness is, you can play great defense, you just try to make him work, and he still has the ability to score big," Thibodeau said. "He's gotten to the point now where he can beat you a lot of different ways. It's not only scoring points, he can beat you with the pass; he can beat you with his defense; he can beat you with his rebounding.
    "I thought in Game 7 [of the 2010 NBA Finals], what gets lost on people, [Boston] was badly outrebounded, and he didn't have a particularly good shooting night, but he had a great rebounding night and that probably was the difference of the game."
    The respect is mutual.
    "I think his defensive schemes themselves as a whole are fantastic," Bryant said. "He's a lab rat. He'll stay in there and figure things out and figure percentages out, and who's doing what. He's really focused on that task."

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21329

It has no chance, they're just doing this and making it public to appease Kobe.

I/O

I'm starting to change my opinion. Pax is stupid enough to let them talk to Tibbs. Even though he's under contract. I could see Pax shitting the bed AGAIN and letting them talk to Tibbs.

He and his sidekick could be the worst gm's in all sports. Tibbs has been making many of their choices look gold. I'd love to see the Bulls without Tibbs. PUKE city.

Tibbs is still steaming they shit canned HIS assistant just to show him who's boss. He knows Rose is never gonna hit the bar that was set for him. I could see Tibbs leaving Chicago and being happier and treated better at a number of other cities.

I give it a 25% chance. But it would be glorious.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Everyone always says X guy is at the end of his career

Yeah?

Well Bryant is still way better than Rose

Who cares how old Bryant is

Right now - Bryant is better than Rose - and always will be until the day he retires...

Once the Bulls signed Boozer to that huge deal I said they would never win anything.

Without a real superstar (no Rose is not and never was a superstar, just look at his stats), Thibs will never win a title in Chicago.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Could not have said it better myself! 69 points in an NBA PLayoff game to get the boot, nice adjustments he made. LOL

LT Profits

It would probably be a trade, just like with Doc Rivers.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Could not have said it better myself! 69 points in an NBA PLayoff game to get the boot, nice adjustments he made. LOL
    Defense wins championships, look no further back that Seahawks vs. Broncos for reference.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Tibbs and bulls GM don't like each other. Heard a few months ago that he wanted to leave.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Everyone always says X guy is at the end of his career

Yeah?

Well Bryant is still way better than Rose

Who cares how old Bryant is

Right now - Bryant is better than Rose - and always will be until the day he retires...

Once the Bulls signed Boozer to that huge deal I said they would never win anything.

Without a real superstar (no Rose is not and never was a superstar, just look at his stats), Thibs will never win a title in Chicago.
    Even if Kobe is better than Rose, the Lakers team is sure as heck not better. Boozer was a terrible signing, but he's gone, he's played his last game as a Bull. Taj Gibson has elevated himself into becoming just about a superstar. Not a typical one, but in terms of how he helps a team, he's very unique. You're not wrong on the superstar. That's why the Bulls will go full bore after Carmelo, and if that fails, they will probably inquire into Kevin Love also. Bulls have assets. They have 2 top 19 picks this year plus a potential Sac 1st rounder over the next 3. Plus they have Mirotic.

People can call Paxon stupid, but he's loaded the team with assets. The thing he hasn't done, signed a FA superstar, really was never for lack of effort. There's only so many, and Lebron burned them. But he has made excellent late first round draft choices, like Gibson and Butler. This is a big offseason for the Bulls. And Thibs is going nowhere.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

It would probably be a trade, just like with Doc Rivers.
    Just to show how bad the Lakers are, they literally have nothing to trade. I suppose if they wanted to trade their first round pick this season, the Bulls would listen.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Defense wins championships, look no further back that Seahawks vs. Broncos for reference.
    This is partially true. If it was only for defense, Miami wouldn't have won back-to-back championships. I'd say, solid defense along with solid offense wins championships.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Just to show how bad the Lakers are, they literally have nothing to trade. I suppose if they wanted to trade their first round pick this season, the Bulls would listen.

Bulls could use a Nick Young or Jodie Meeks. But for the coach? lol
    They have DJ Augistin who is a nice player that is strictly offense guy, but they need a 2 guard or at least someone with a little size to him. Would be good for them to have a guy that can put the ball in the hoop.

Rose/Nick Young/Jimmy Butler/Taj/Noah

That's a tough lineup. Dunleavy.DJ.Snell off the bench, but who's gonna be the backup 4/5 guy when Boozers out?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    This is partially true. If it was only for defense, Miami wouldn't have won back-to-back championships. I'd say, solid defense along with solid offense wins championships.
    Fair enough, but the guys saying they would rather have a good offense are giving no regard to defense. The Lakers could average 110 points per game, but they could give up 111.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It has almost always been draft choices when coaches have been traded. Rivers was traded for a 2015 first round pick.

12 Last