SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Fair enough, but the guys saying they would rather have a good offense are giving no regard to defense. The Lakers could average 110 points per game, but they could give up 111.
    Lakers have been going backwards since 2011. Pau Gasol isn't that good anymore, Bynum got traded, Kobe got injured... I can't see them making Playoffs for at least 2-3 years.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

george karl would be a great hire.... but lakers want carmelo so that won't work.

top 5:

john calipari
    jeff van gundy
    lionel hollins
    byron scott
    kevin ollie

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    george karl would be a great hire.... but lakers want carmelo so that won't work.

top 5:

john calipari
    jeff van gundy
    lionel hollins
    byron scott
    kevin ollie
    You can't have Hollins on the list without Tibs. Hollins is Thibodeau Light.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

I think they should give Derrick Fisher at the coaching job.. They let Brian Shaw go out the window and that was a big mistake..

Derrick Fisher has a very high basketball IQ, saw how the triangle offense worked with Phil Jackson.. He's defensive minded... Kobe can also help out as player coach to get it all going in the right direction..

I'm not happy with Laker decision making of late, Genie Buss is better then the brother but she's no miracle worker.. They should concentrate on massive roster changes as well..

This life long Laker fan is not happy of late with what has been going down in Laker land!!!!! They need to get rid of some of these ancient players like Steve Nash.. Paying him millions to sit on the bench with continued injuries... What a waste!!!!

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Lakers might be wise to stop with the "ex player no coaching experience" thing. This is the Lakers. Even if they are going uphill for a few years here, let rookie coaches learn elsewhere. They may need a name to keep the turn styles moving and to attract possible top 5 talent.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bulls much better than Lakers

They just had a bad series in playoffs

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Even if Kobe is better than Rose, the Lakers team is sure as heck not better. Boozer was a terrible signing, but he's gone, he's played his last game as a Bull. Taj Gibson has elevated himself into becoming just about a superstar. Not a typical one, but in terms of how he helps a team, he's very unique. You're not wrong on the superstar. That's why the Bulls will go full bore after Carmelo, and if that fails, they will probably inquire into Kevin Love also. Bulls have assets. They have 2 top 19 picks this year plus a potential Sac 1st rounder over the next 3. Plus they have Mirotic.

People can call Paxon stupid, but he's loaded the team with assets. The thing he hasn't done, signed a FA superstar, really was never for lack of effort. There's only so many, and Lebron burned them. But he has made excellent late first round draft choices, like Gibson and Butler. This is a big offseason for the Bulls. And Thibs is going nowhere.
    We don't even know who the Lakers will have next year. But I can bet if they put a decent team together, and of course as long as Bryant can stay healthy for the whole year, Bryant WILL make the playoffs...

As far as your Taj Gibson quote, lol.... I'm not even going to address that....

Bulls have been an annoying team to watch now for years.

You teamed up two of the most hated players in the NBA in Noah and Boozer -- and now they poisoned Gibson too -- into screaming after another player makes a layup or an and1 in a reg. season game.

How many times does it take these idiots to learn that playing with that type of emotion is the exact reason they are sitting home right now.

This is not college basketball. These ppl need to grow up. Boozer is a fukin grown man. What are you doing screaming and flexing your muscles when DJ augustine makes a layup in the 2nd quarter of a reg season game?

That's the exact reason why these types of teams don't win championships

INDY
    Chicago

Look at someone like the Mavs -- look at Dirk and take notes. What he did in game 2 of the NBA finals when Dallas looked like they were finished, down 15 with 5 min to go... No emotion.

Lebron game 6 @ boston. No emotion.

Bryant game 3 or 4 @ boston

Jordan game 6 vs portland

Spurs pretty much every game....

Chicago is full of losers and children. And they will not be winning anything as long as Lebron and Wade are on the same team.

Remember when I told you this 4 years ago on this site?

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Thibs is staying put. Chicago and LA is a lateral move. Thibs coaches defense. He has the defensive player of the year and what everyone hopes is a returning MVP point guard. Why would he go to LA to try and rebuild?

Goat Milk

LA will not be rebuilding anything

LA will be in the playoff mix next year, as long as bryant can play 70 games. Even if you get guys from the D League.

Chicago once again will perform well during the reg season only to lose to Lebron and Wade once more in the playoffs

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10859

I'll be very surprised if tom t leaves a good situation in chi for the unknown of la. Kobe is done.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    We don't even know who the Lakers will have next year. But I can bet if they put a decent team together, and of course as long as Bryant can stay healthy for the whole year, Bryant WILL make the playoffs...

As far as your Taj Gibson quote, lol.... I'm not even going to address that....

Bulls have been an annoying team to watch now for years.

You teamed up two of the most hated players in the NBA in Noah and Boozer -- and now they poisoned Gibson too -- into screaming after another player makes a layup or an and1 in a reg. season game.

How many times does it take these idiots to learn that playing with that type of emotion is the exact reason they are sitting home right now.

This is not college basketball. These ppl need to grow up. Boozer is a fukin grown man. What are you doing screaming and flexing your muscles when DJ augustine makes a layup in the 2nd quarter of a reg season game?

That's the exact reason why these types of teams don't win championships

INDY
    Chicago

Look at someone like the Mavs -- look at Dirk and take notes. What he did in game 2 of the NBA finals when Dallas looked like they were finished, down 15 with 5 min to go... No emotion.

Lebron game 6 @ boston. No emotion.

Bryant game 3 or 4 @ boston

Jordan game 6 vs portland

Spurs pretty much every game....

Chicago is full of losers and children. And they will not be winning anything as long as Lebron and Wade are on the same team.

Remember when I told you this 4 years ago on this site?
    Your take on the Bulls is right on point. It seems D2homer forgets the Bulls have repeatedly left the door open for Gibson to become a man and fill a role on the team. Time and again season after season he shits the bed.

People don't realize how much Tibbs is not about this organization. If it's not the Lakers it will happen with another franchise. He suffers these two idiots that run the team and has forgotten more about basketball than they will ever know. He's still here because the owner gave him his first big gig in the league but he's grown past this.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

LA will not be rebuilding anything

LA will be in the playoff mix next year, as long as bryant can play 70 games. Even if you get guys from the D League.

Chicago once again will perform well during the reg season only to lose to Lebron and Wade once more in the playoffs

I like your optimism....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21329

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Your take on the Bulls is right on point. It seems D2homer forgets the Bulls have repeatedly left the door open for Gibson to become a man and fill a role on the team. Time and again season after season he shits the bed.
    Say what? The role he filled was 6th man and was in the running for 6th man of the year. He'd have been a starter but the Bulls were giving too much money to Boozer and didn't want to hurt his feeling, except for benching him every 4th quarter in favor of Gibson. And Gibson's ability and impact goes beyond the stat sheet. He's a premium defender.

In other words, you're full of shit. Gibson is an ideal role player. He'll never be asked to be a 25 points per game guy. But if you're talking about a versatile big man that hustles, runs the floor, plays defense, pounds highlight dunks, plays multiple positions and can guard just about anyone....Taj is the man. A huge reason why the Bulls won so many games in the first place this season. But the team needs a pair of primary scorers and they had none this season. That's not on Taj. He was easily the star of the Wash series. Outplayed Noah by far too.

Goat Milk

D2 you're missing the point. Noah and Boozer are such losers that they poisoned Taj Gibson now too into screaming after a 5'11 guy hits a layup to start the first quarter of a reg. season game.

Gibson gets a reg dunk for himself and he screams.

Take notes from the greats in the league today. Do you see Blake Griffin screaming when his dunks are 10x better? Take notes Gibson. You don't understand what it takes to win at the highest level.

This is not college basketball anymore where you can just scream and the fans go nuts and the other team starts to fold up because you and your fans screamed...

It is hard, annoying, and perplexing to watch.

Only way Bulls can win in the east is if they get a cool-headed clutch player like Melo. Rest of these guys like Gibson and Noah are all fukin talk and no superstar status to back up their screams.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21329

D2 you're missing the point. Noah and Boozer are such losers that they poisoned Taj Gibson now too into screaming after a 5'11 guy hits a layup to start the first quarter of a reg. season game.

Gibson gets a reg dunk for himself and he screams.

Take notes from the greats in the league today. Do you see Blake Griffin screaming when his dunks are 10x better? Take notes Gibson. You don't understand what it takes to win at the highest level.

This is not college basketball anymore where you can just scream and the fans go nuts and the other team starts to fold up because you and your fans screamed...

It is hard, annoying, and perplexing to watch.

Only way Bulls can win in the east is if they get a cool-headed clutch player like Melo. Rest of these guys like Gibson and Noah are all fukin talk and no superstar status to back up their screams.
    Sorry I don't notice screaming or not. Who gives a rats ass. Putting Noah and Boozer in the same sentence there is odd. Fortunately it seems to me that Noah's heart and intensity has "poisoned" Gibson more than Boozer's lazy flat-foooted suckiness. I/O's claim that Gibson has shit the bed is nonsense.

Melo will be an ideal add though if they can pull it off. Noah, Gibson and Butler are ideal role players, but they need to be blended with a pair of primary scorers. If Rose can be anything of his old self, he's one. Melo can be the other. Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah can be the most complete starting lineup in the NBA.
    Last edited by d2bets; 05-04-14 at 11:42 PM.

Goat Milk

Sorry I don't notice screaming or not. Who gives a rats ass. Putting Noah and Boozer in the same sentence there is odd. Fortunately it seems to me that Noah's heart and intensity has "poisoned" Gibson more than Boozer's lazy flat-foooted suckiness. I/O's claim that Gibson has shit the bed is nonsense.

Melo will be an ideal add though if they can pull it off. Noah, Gibson and Butler are ideal role players, but they need to be blended with a pair of primary scorers. If Rose can be anything of his old self, he's one. Melo can be the other. Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah can be the most complete starting lineup in the NBA.
    That is a very good starting lineup, no doubt. Can they beat Miami if they continue to build around Miami's big 3? I don't know. Can they beat the Nets if the Nets can get Brook Lopez back to his old self? I'm not sure about that either. Lopez is definitely better than Noah if both are 100%.

Having said that, with regard to "who gives a rat's ass," those types of screaming plays and dumb emotions get in the way of high iq basketball. They are childish, they are unprofessional, they piss off the other team, they make you look foolish. Playing with that type of emotion is a bad thing, D2, it is the main reason why Chicago only won 1 game the year everyone thought they would beat Miami in 2010. That 1 game was the first game.

They screamed, they pumped their chests, they pumped up the crowd every chance they got. The Big 3 after that game basically said to themselves, you guys wanna act that way, watch how we destroy you.

Only players on the bulls that have any fan appeal are Rose Butler and (used to - Deng). Noah and Boozer are two of the most disliked players int he league because of their dumb antics. And Gibson is slowly following in their footsteps.

I/O

Say what? The role he filled was 6th man and was in the running for 6th man of the year. He'd have been a starter but the Bulls were giving too much money to Boozer and didn't want to hurt his feeling, except for benching him every 4th quarter in favor of Gibson. And Gibson's ability and impact goes beyond the stat sheet. He's a premium defender.

In other words, you're full of shit. Gibson is an ideal role player. He'll never be asked to be a 25 points per game guy. But if you're talking about a versatile big man that hustles, runs the floor, plays defense, pounds highlight dunks, plays multiple positions and can guard just about anyone....Taj is the man. A huge reason why the Bulls won so many games in the first place this season. But the team needs a pair of primary scorers and they had none this season. That's not on Taj. He was easily the star of the Wash series. Outplayed Noah by far too.

I/O

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bring my boy back Scott Skiles

Where is he now?

I/O

I/O

Bulls will win the game. Might win the series in 6.

I/O

2012-13: $2,155,811
    2013-14: $7,550,000
    2014-15: $8,000,000
    2015-16: $8,500,000

2016-17: $8,950,000

I/O

2013-14 Hollinger NBA Player Statistics - Power Forwards

28 Taj Gibson, CHI

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Boozer sucks.. He totally lost his mojo.. Over payed and over used player today if you ask me.. He'd be good coming off the bench for the Bulls in all honesty at this point in his career.. Undersized and aging now...

homie1975

lakers interviewing lionel hollins

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Smartest move the Lakers have made in 2 years...problem is Phil might steal tom before the Lakers do..then again he probably doesn't leave the Bulls anyway...

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Smartest move the Lakers have made in 2 years...problem is Phil might steal tom before the Lakers do..then again he probably doesn't leave the Bulls anyway...
    its old news i bumped

First 12