James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Larry Johnson anti gay and anti white statements. Will he get a one day ban?

Larry Johnson an NBA employee at an NBA event at a highschool no less, said publicly yesterday. Blacks should have their own basketball league, players and owners. He even tweets the same afterward

Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!
    1:42 PM - 26 Apr 2014 New York, NY, United States

in case that's not enough here are his comments about Jason Collins and gays in NBA from 2013

Larry Johnson @TheRealLJ2
    Follow
    Ppl ! this is nothing against Jason or homosexual's,all I'm saying is this don't belong in a man's locker room.
    7:58 PM - 29 Apr 2013

Follow
    @RunninRebe1 here's a man that say he's attracted to other men. Now he's walking around a locker room with naked man.

Follow
    I don't judge anyone!! I have fallen short of the grace of Allah myself, but stop trying to make this acceptable.
    8:04 PM - 29 Apr 2013

Should this NBA employee for the last several decades receive any punishment at all? Why or why not?

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

regarding the double standard, I understand, but because of the fact it's due to stuff that happened generations ago, I feel it isn't right to be able to take it to the limits it gets taken to

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He will get a pat on the back for his bigoted view.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave Cuse0323 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The double standard doesn't originate from black people. It's a byproduct of white guilt allowing such bullshit.
    Points Awarded:

KingJD31 gave ChalkyDog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Well since Sterling has the public outrage market cornered right now...nothing will happen.

To all u guys crying about double standards...
    From what I remember didnt Tim Hardaway lose his job for his anti-gay remarks years ago?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Blacks can't be racists. They are the oppressed people of the world.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Well since Sterling has the public outrage market cornered right now...nothing will happen.

To all u guys crying about double standards...
    From what I remember didnt Tim Hardaway lose his job for his anti-gay remarks years ago?
    Not the same, can't say shit about gays regardless of your race.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

what does he mean by our own league wtf is the NBA then? white guys gotta have true skill to get PT these days wheres jimmer and adam Morrison JJ Reddick and mike miller can shoot out of this world and birdman is hustle man you get where i'm going with this.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Black leagues would fail because they're not smart enough

They also don't have enough money

Most blacks do not go to games

They will get very few advertisers

Cuse0323

Really though, what's different between a guy saying he doesn't want his girlfriend bringing a black guy to the game and a black guy saying he thinks there should be a black only league? If Larry or Spike Lee or any of the loud mouth preachers of racism in America said they didn't want their family dating whites, would anyone care?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Black leagues would fail because they're not smart enough

They also don't have enough money

Most blacks do not go to games

They will get very few advertisers
    Thats the thing most people miss. Look at the stands at games in NBA, Super Bowl, big college football games and so on...Yankee Stadium......only blacks you see are rappers and other athletes and only hispanics are just running up and down selling the cotton candy and $8 beers. League would crumble under its own weight.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Black league would fail because it would isolate the whites. You know, the ppl that actually pay money for the tickets instead of having a friend employee open up the back door. It would isolate the sponsors because white guys run the big time companies that can afford to advertise there. It would alienate the black players and they would end up playing in front of hundreds of fans in high school gymnasiums.

i can guarantee you this, right now Kevin Johnson and every other black player and exec with even half a brain cringed when they heard LJ's comments. They know the direction of flow of money.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Thats the thing most people miss. Look at the stands at games in NBA, Super Bowl, big college football games and so on...Yankee Stadium......only blacks you see are rappers and other athletes and only hispanics are just running up and down selling the cotton candy and $8 beers. League would crumble under its own weight.
    If 90% of your paying customers are not black you will be stupid to demand an all black league. Non-blacks pay the taxes to build the NBA arenas. Without whites there is no NBA. Magic and Michael Jordan and Jay Z will loose their money if all white owners leave the NBA.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

are we talking about this larry johnson?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

If it costs the league money and sponsorships, and a media shitstorm....Yes

Like it or not, it's always gunna be all about the money.....Sterling staying in power hurts the NBA bottom line and image...Doesn't matter how or why

Like it or not, Owners will always be held to a higher standard than some ex-player

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If 90% of your paying customers are not black you will be stupid to demand an all black league. Non-blacks pay the taxes to build the NBA arenas. Without whites there is no NBA. Magic and Michael Jordan and Jay Z will loose their money if all white owners leave the NBA.
    without whites there are no blacks. they wouldnt be able to care and feed themselves

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

It's all about him being an owner....Add in his checkered past and this is what you get

If a white player makes similar comments he gets treated like Riley Cooper....No big deal at all because he didn't cost the league money or hurt the NFL's image one bit with regards to public opinion and sponsors

People too hung up on the comments themselves....It's more about Sterling's position....Clearly

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Do you guys ever stop crying.. Fukk man... whites are the new blacks..

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

jjgold

It's not a big deal at Larry Johnson because everyone knows he's a clown and he's a nobody

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    hispanics are just running up and down selling the cotton candy and $8 beers. League would crumble under its own weight.
    Maybe in the shitty south... 70% of leaker/clippers games are Hispanic...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I'm embarrassed by all the crying when anything like this comes up and I'm a whitey myself

Here's my view in a nutshell.....Life ain't fair, white (men) aren't allowed to express bigoted views....Don't like it? Tough.....Look man, I hate fukkin traffic but I deal with that shit every damn morning....Learn to adapt or deal with the consequences

So either don't have these views or keep em to yourself and there will be no problems, none.....Other minorities can say what they want? Who cares, laugh it off.....Most of the shit is funny and it doesn't hurt unless you wanna be a bitch about it

So fukkin simple, it really is pathetic how people constantly get caught up in the race shit

jjgold

King Tut is one of the toughest Hispanics on forums not just SBR

Some people rough him up on the forum but scared to death to meet him in person when challenged

This guy ran his mouth at me and I challenged him to a flight at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and he never showed

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I'm embarrassed by all the crying when anything like this comes up and I'm a whitey myself

Here's my view in a nutshell.....Life ain't fair, white (men) aren't allowed to express bigoted views....Don't like it? Tough.....Look man, I hate fukkin traffic but I deal with that shit every damn morning....Learn to adapt or deal with the consequences

So either don't have these views or keep em to yourself and there will be no problems, none.....Other minorities can say what they want? Who cares, laugh it off.....Most of the shit is funny and it doesn't hurt unless you wanna be a bitch about it

So fukkin simple, it really is pathetic how people constantly get caught up in the race shit
    I agree with what you're saying but it should go both ways, that's all.

James D

It's all about him being an owner....Add in his checkered past and this is what you get

If a white player makes similar comments he gets treated like Riley Cooper....No big deal at all because he didn't cost the league money or hurt the NFL's image one bit with regards to public opinion and sponsors

People too hung up on the comments themselves....It's more about Sterling's position....Clearly
    Funny I Never mentioned Don sterling I only mentioned larry johnson
    But since you brought it up so Now it's about being an owner? It was about representing the NBA brand in the press conference when they banned Don. And LJ made hateful comments about gays not belonging in NBA just last year so your checkered past argument doesn't hold water either.

Riley cooper has nothing to do with the NBA. The nba commissioner took a hard line stance against people expressing bigotry representing the nba brand. Banning for life the longest tenured owner in the nba for private,illegal recorded comments. Yet public equally offensive comments by an NBA employee of two decades SPOKEN AT A LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL AT A SPONSORED NBA EVENT gets not even a one day suspension?

Moneyline dawg are you saying larry Johnson deserves absolutely no punishment?

James D

is this directed at me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    True, just depends on the person who is saying things I suppose. People pick their battles and decided this is the one that everyone would jump on.
    What are the criteria for the battles? Isn't that a fancy way to say double standards .

crying? Not me pal. I have way to much too going on to cry . And if you are calling me a bitch you are a pathetic joke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    King Tut is one of the toughest Hispanics on forums not just SBR

Some people rough him up on the forum but scared to death to meet him in person when challenged

This guy ran his mouth at me and I challenged him to a flight at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and he never showed
    I seriously hope this sh@t isn't directed at me

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Larry should be out, too, but that doesn't mean the NBA won't take action. It's way too early to tell.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Larry should be out, too, but that doesn't mean the NBA won't take action. It's way too early to tell.
    I don't even want him out . Why would I want one guy completely screwed just because another guy was screwed. I just think NO response or a minimal response vs a lifetime ban is hilarious. I predict in a few days something will give because the double standard is so extreme. But it won't be anything major happening to LJ

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Maybe in the shitty south... 70% of leaker/clippers games are Hispanic...

Maybe thats why the latest round of race issues on the news have been in Nevada with Bundy and Sterling in Cali - minorities have pissed off even them damn yankees.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Funny I Never mentioned Don sterling I only mentioned larry johnson
    But since you brought it up so Now it's about being an owner? It was about representing the NBA brand in the press conference when they banned Don. And LJ made hateful comments about gays not belonging in NBA just last year so your checkered past argument doesn't hold water either.

Riley cooper has nothing to do with the NBA. The nba commissioner took a hard line stance against people expressing bigotry representing the nba brand. Banning for life the longest tenured owner in the nba for private,illegal recorded comments. Yet public equally offensive comments by an NBA employee of two decades SPOKEN AT A LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL AT A SPONSORED NBA EVENT gets not even a one day suspension?

Moneyline dawg are you saying larry Johnson deserves absolutely no punishment?
    No LJ should be punished but Owners and people of authority are (and should be) held to a much higher standard

If you hurt your companies' bottom line and reputation you will face a massive penalty.....Which is what happened to Sterling.

No sponsors are pulling out because of Larry Johnson.....It's just the way it is, you can't be controversial or a bigot as an owner or person of authority....Much more leeway the further down the line you go. You think anyone gives two shits if the head custodian of the Clippers got caught saying the same things?

And btw, wasn't referring to you at all in my other post....You seem like a sharp dude, I value your opinions....Just speaking in general about people constantly crying about race, which I don't even think you were
    Points Awarded:

James D gave MoneyLineDawg 87 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying but it should go both ways, that's all.
    It should, but it doesn't....In an ideal world, there would be a million things that we would all love to change but such is life

Once you get past the fact that there is a double standard when it comes to certain things in the media, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it, you'll feel a lot better

Is it more the fact that you're angry blacks or minorities can get away with stuff, or that whites can't express bigoted and controversial views?

James D

Great moneyline, sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't mind people disagreeing as long as they are exhibiting a modicum of honesty and sincerity, you exhibit far more of course. We just disagree on some things which of course is reasonable.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Curious why you didn't post Larry's tweet right before the the one you have an issue with?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Larry Johnson@TheRealLJ2 Apr 26
    He is the owner of the team personally I think He Should have Who ever he wants at the game.
    from New York, NY

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Great moneyline, sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't mind people disagreeing as long as they are exhibiting a modicum of honesty and sincerity, you exhibit far more of course. We just disagree on some things which of course is reasonable.

I'm gunna post up a parlay with the points you sent and mine....Split the winnings if it hits

WagerType:PARLAY (5 TEAMS)
    Date: Team:
    May 01 NBA [521] INDIANA -1-110
    May 01 NBA [528] GOLDEN STATE +105
    May 01 NHL [1] MONTREAL +164
    May 01 MLB [958] NYY +110 [Action]
    May 01 SOC [50602] JUVENTUS -185
    Risking 153 SBR To Win 4961.09 SBR
    Ticket#: 2488547

12 Last