wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    on a daily basis? geezus get over it. obviously you are searching for it if its a daily occurrence.
    You have no clue

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    You have no clue
    back at ya.

our nation is soft.

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

You have no clue
    Allow me to get your back on this. I grew up a relatively privileged white kid - upper middle class, went to an SEC football school in the deep south. Freshman or Sophomore year, I randomly got paired up with a black kid who happened to be sitting next to me for a group project. We meet up one night and knock that project out, and he asks me for a lift if it's not too much trouble - as his mom (or sister, I forget some of the details) is at work and the bus is a miserable process.

I'm like "yeah, no prob". I give him a lift and it's in a poor neighborhood - mostly black - where I drop him off. As I'm turning the corner to leave his 'hood and re-enter my privileged white life, hoping not to return to this neighborhood ever again, I notice flashing cop lights behind me. I'm literally SCREAMED at "GIT OUTTA THAT CAR WITH YER HANDS WHUR WE CAN SEE EM!" Two white (redneck) cops literally SLAM me against my hood, slap handcuffs on me, and toss me violently into the back of their car while they search mine (I can't remember if they asked me but I want to say they didn't). When they find nothing, they let me go with a ticket for "running a stop sign" (utter bullshit), but they never apologize for the way they treated me.

The message I took from that as a naive, spoiled white kid not yet 20 years old was "holy shit - imagine the battles that black kids growing up in this neighborhood have to overcome. They deal with this literally every single day. I can't imagine how offensive and blood boiling that must be". The cops assumed there was no WAY that a white kid with a fancy car could be friends (or college classmates) with a black kid who lived HERE - I simply HAD to have been buying drugs. That was the ONLY explanation. When in fact, this black kid who grew up in a bad neighborhood was defying the odds to achieve something that these redneck white cops were never able to do - get a college degree!

To this day, I remain SO penetrating grateful that this happened to me, because otherwise I'd be like a lot of other white people - griping about how black people bitch and whine and how it's really not that bad. It really is that bad. There's nothing worse in life than being treated differently than others.
    Points Awarded:

MiDNiTe gave RMStanley 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Luckycharms2012 gave RMStanley 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

wikkidinsane gave RMStanley 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RavensFan2k3 gave RMStanley 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Gusto0810 gave RMStanley 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56, and kainomac

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    sorry but are blacks really this thin skinned? always looking for an excuse. grow a pair already, so your boss hates you...welcome to the life of most americans
    my boss definitely hates me. He hasnt said hello to me in 2014.

He's a racist mofo too.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Clippers fans will be fired up and the team will be fired up... Clippers role in this game.... Look for the game to be over by mid 3rd quarter...
    LOL damn you mother fukkers are going to convince me to bet on this...

you guys make greats salesmen.

This actually makes sense.

All those black dudes on the Clippers think they finally conquered the slave owner. They going to be hype as hell.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Deep story RMStanley, thanks for sharing.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

+7 now? Easy points??

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by RMStanley View Post
    Allow me to get your back on this. I grew up a relatively privileged white kid - upper middle class, went to an SEC football school in the deep south. Freshman or Sophomore year, I randomly got paired up with a black kid who happened to be sitting next to me for a group project. We meet up one night and knock that project out, and he asks me for a lift if it's not too much trouble - as his mom (or sister, I forget some of the details) is at work and the bus is a miserable process.

I'm like "yeah, no prob". I give him a lift and it's in a poor neighborhood - mostly black - where I drop him off. As I'm turning the corner to leave his 'hood and re-enter my privileged white life, hoping not to return to this neighborhood ever again, I notice flashing cop lights behind me. I'm literally SCREAMED at "GIT OUTTA THAT CAR WITH YER HANDS WHUR WE CAN SEE EM!" Two white (redneck) cops literally SLAM me against my hood, slap handcuffs on me, and toss me violently into the back of their car while they search mine (I can't remember if they asked me but I want to say they didn't). When they find nothing, they let me go with a ticket for "running a stop sign" (utter bullshit), but they never apologize for the way they treated me.

The message I took from that as a naive, spoiled white kid not yet 20 years old was "holy shit - imagine the battles that black kids growing up in this neighborhood have to overcome. They deal with this literally every single day. I can't imagine how offensive and blood boiling that must be". The cops assumed there was no WAY that a white kid with a fancy car could be friends (or college classmates) with a black kid who lived HERE - I simply HAD to have been buying drugs. That was the ONLY explanation. When in fact, this black kid who grew up in a bad neighborhood was defying the odds to achieve something that these redneck white cops were never able to do - get a college degree!

To this day, I remain SO penetrating grateful that this happened to me, because otherwise I'd be like a lot of other white people - griping about how black people bitch and whine and how it's really not that bad. It really is that bad. There's nothing worse in life than being treated differently than others.
    privileged white kid, poor neighborhood, hood, white redneck cops, ...you really know how to sell home a sob story. hearts are breaking across the nation.

RMStanley

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I just encourage you to keep your eyes open. You might be surprised at what you see if you pay attention to certain things. It's almost assuredly getting better, but I can't help but find it ironic that less than a week after the United States Supreme Court strikes down Affirmative Action, saying that we're largely "past" that issue, we have this incident as well as the Bundy Ranch guy saying horrendously racist things. Both wealthy, rich white guys who are incapable of putting themselves in the shoes of others.

wikkidinsane

Respect. For the record I love all people from all creed, race, and color

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LOL damn you mother fukkers are going to convince me to bet on this...

you guys make greats salesmen.

This actually makes sense.

All those black dudes on the Clippers think they finally conquered the slave owner. They going to be hype as hell.

I'm sorry but this had me crying

RMStanley

I initially bet Warriors ML and I'm going to let it ride, but I agree with the sentiment that if I now had to choose I'd rather be on the Clippers.

I also think an underrated aspect is how every NBA player last night was wearing black socks/headbands/wristbands - almost sending a message to the Clippers players that "we got your backs, nobody blames you guys". I think that would have been a big deal to the Clippers even without today's announcement.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I penetrating love white people like you that understand.

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

That almost identical story happened to me in patterson , nj. Buddies freshman year of college in Wayne had to drive uphill through Patterson and were roadblocked and ripped from the car at gunpoint. The excuse after finding nothing was they thought the car was stolen...cops dipped in the blink of an eye. Find out later I had a lawsuit but I was 17 and stupid

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

yeah i think clips will cover now

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Taking a shot with the clips...expect these dudes to be focused and fired up after Silver dropped the hammer.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

NBA is like a script most of the time, had this lingered longer and if what happened hadnt happened today, NBA logic says GSW covers and may win or come close to it, but with what happened today, NBA logic says Clips roll and get alot of ref calls. This league has alot of WWF to it, its ratings driven no doubt, people who didnt watch NBA and came across this story will no doubt tune in to see who the hell is this Clippers team everybody is talking about.

jmbbarata
    nhl
    jmbbarata's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes ,I agree

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Think like a square lose like a square.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    NBA is like a script most of the time, had this lingered longer and if what happened hadnt happened today, NBA logic says GSW covers and may win or come close to it, but with what happened today, NBA logic says Clips roll and get alot of ref calls. This league has alot of WWF to it, its ratings driven no doubt, people who didnt watch NBA and came across this story will no doubt tune in to see who the hell is this Clippers team everybody is talking about.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

yep a no-brainer for sure lol

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Sterling wins again

think of all the money he made tonight ppl think b/c he got a lifetime ban, that he's no longer the owner, so they flock to the arena in celebration. And load his pockets with more money when just hours earlier, they were saying "boycot the game, we won't give him a penny"
    Last edited by The Kraken; 04-30-14 at 02:49 AM.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    86% on GSW worries me but there was a high % on them last game too.....my gut says Clippers cover this one easy, NBA feels sorry for the team and fans, the league will give them something to cheer for, Clips by DD.

parlayclips.jpg
    Attached Images  

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good call man I got beat on this game like a sucker

wikkidinsane

I wish they had waited to god damn announce his ban. That gave clippers players some relief

wikkidinsane

Ticket #: 2486630
    Apr 29 10:30 PM
    NBA STRAIGHT BET
    [511] GOLDEN STATE +6-110
    845.23 / 768.39 -845.23 LOSE
    LOSE
    04/29/2014 09:31 AM

wikkidinsane

Im not betting this now. What a penalty. I did bet SBR money though all 950 of it.
    saved my ass $100

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The race thing had no effect on any game

Racism been going out for 100 years and I don't think wrong manner crying

Sterling hurt no one physically

I do think some of the comments players blacks made showed that they were real pussies though

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The race thing had no effect on any game

Racism been going out for 100 years and I don't think wrong manner crying

Sterling hurt no one physically

I do think some of the comments players blacks made showed that they were real pussies though
    Sometimes words do hurt more than actually physically harming someone. Racism still hurts me and every black person i know. No matter how long it goes on for I will still feel strong about it.

First 12