TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

How often do you really use your mlb.tv subscription?

me maybe 2 times a week. not even a full game. maybe a few innings. paying $24.99/month that really adds up i might just cancel it. anyone feel the same about this?

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

I cancelled mine at the end of last season.

Don't subscribe to cable so only get nationally televised games (fox, espn). Was hoping to utilize it for nats/O's game but mlb.tv is under local market blackout restrictions. So I had access to EVERY game but the ones I actually want to watch.

It's really tailor made for fans who don't live in their teams market or absolute, hardcore baseball nuts. Don't get me wrong I love baseball but I'm not staying up to watch the athletics/mariners till 1 am.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Tony, didn't you want Walker to strike a deal with MLB to offer it for a discounted price just a few weeks ago?

Now, you're getting rid of it?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Use mine all the time. It's well worth the money.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Daily.

Every year MLB.tv has significant bugs. This year's annoying bug occurs when you try to watch multiple games on your pc. The sound randomly goes out and it has to do with the ads that they run. Example: you watching two games and you have the audio going for a game, while the other game is in between innings and there's a commercial--audio not selected. Then, for some damn reason, the audio goes out. Again, every year this software has bugs.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Daily.

Every year MLB.tv has significant bugs. This year's annoying bug occurs when you try to watch multiple games on your pc. The sound randomly goes out and it has to do with the ads that they run. Example: you watching two games and you have the audio going for a game, while the other game is in between innings and there's a commercial--audio not selected. Then, for some damn reason, the audio goes out. Again, every year this software has bugs.
    No kidding. I mostly watch the games on the AppleTV, where you can only watch one game at a time, but I did notice on the PC that the audio goes out, too.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    I cancelled mine at the end of last season.

Don't subscribe to cable so only get nationally televised games (fox, espn). Was hoping to utilize it for nats/O's game but mlb.tv is under local market blackout restrictions. So I had access to EVERY game but the ones I actually want to watch.

It's really tailor made for fans who don't live in their teams market or absolute, hardcore baseball nuts. Don't get me wrong I love baseball but I'm not staying up to watch the athletics/mariners till 1 am.
    thats the only time i do use it. the late 10:10pm starts that are never on tv. finishing up a parlay with hernandez and the mariners -140

but i have to be honest with myself and i just bet whatever is on tv so i dont really need mbbtv

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Tony, didn't you want Walker to strike a deal with MLB to offer it for a discounted price just a few weeks ago?

Now, you're getting rid of it?
    i know its too expensive. i want it for $14.99/month that is fair

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20685

look for a very low price special, usually around fathers day

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

shit. I'n asleep by the 3rd

no way is buy or watch

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

every day when there are day games while I'm sitting at my desk at work.. Well worth the pennies that they charge for it

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Someone want to split? Every account have 4 ip to use.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Waste of time and also you should not be watching baseball games as you should be working

Too many games I stopped all subscription packages and just watch what's on ESPN and the local networks As there is so much free stuff now

I would never get the NFL package either , so much coverage no need for it

As far as tennis and soccer I watch all the free website even if two-minute delay

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

watch it daily ...i love it. great value for the year under $200. i have it on iPad iPhone apple tv and smart tv and listen on satellite radio in car. For me it is a bargain, baseball best sport to bet and make profit every year. $200 investment for almost every game(Saturday day games excluded) and watch over multiple systems. you can have a baseball game on in background and does not affect work or life as it is a slower moving game and allows for a good easy listening.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

must have

jjer will post about how mlb ratings are down, meanwhile they are raking it in because mlb gets technology better than any other sports league bar none and online viewers are not listed in ratins...probably accounts for half the viewers if not more

exhibit A http://chrome.blogspot.com/2014/04/p...live-with.html

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You have to be a hard-core baseball fan to enjoy it I don't like baseball enough to buy it

grantingyou
    grantingyou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Everyday!

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I use it everyday. I watch around 5-8 games each night on multiple receivers. But I get mine through directtv

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

I use my friend's dad's account. Me and my other buddy have used it on probably 6 different computers over the last 5-6 years and nothing has come of it. He keeps the same account information and we keep using it without issue. I love it for those late-night west coast games I'm sweating.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I use it on my phone quite a bit, but not nearly as often as I thought I would on my PS3 or laptop ...

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

not even any afternoon games on today

nba playoffs and nhl playoffs on tonight. another day i wont be using it

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Every day. Cheaper per month if you pay up front for the whole season, also discounted subscription as season goes on. Better video quality than the free sites. Hook up the laptop to the 60 inch and get a wireless mouse. It rocks!

pm530
    - - - - - - -
    pm530's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6801

Mlb.tv

For those of you who subscribe to MLB.TV, I would like to know if you are having technical problems like I am having, and did not have last year. I do enjoy it when there are no problems.

- Quite often the audio will cut out on a game I am watching, then sometime later it comes back.
    - The streaming of a game will stop or freeze for a prolonged time.
    - When I go to full-screen size, it doesn't always happen (except for the commercials!). I get a small picture of the game.
    - I'm watching two games and I go to full screen on one game, the other game will sometimes overlap part of the desired game.
    - In prior years, you could adjust the streaming at the bottom of the picture, now it just says "HD" - you have no choice.

I spent about a half-hour on the phone with their technical support to no avail. I really don't think it is my computer, I have had the same problems on other computers - all are up to date with latest Adobe Flash, etc.

Last year seemed to have fewer technical problems. I always say: "If it works, don't fix it!"

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

pm530 try different browsers as well

i use google chrome no issues

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

if you have problems using their new player here is the link to the old player ==> http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/index...#date=5/2/2014
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pm530

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

gotta cancel this until the nba playoffs are over. also the world cup all summer no reason to pay $24 a month to watch 4-5 games a month

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

I see they are running another promo, $114.99 for the rest of the season.

not sure how big a discount that is for season price but it is certainly cheaper than the month to month subscription.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

yeah i think that was 139.99 last time i checked

ill be at the pool all summer not really any time for afternoon baseball

pm530
    - - - - - - -
    pm530's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6801

Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post
    if you have problems using their new player here is the link to the old player ==> http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/index...#date=5/2/2014
    Thanks!! I was able to use the old player and it works fine! Too bad the phone people at MLB.TV couldn't have sent me this link, it would have save me at least a 1/2 hour of my life!

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

again no day baseball. cancelling today

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post

Thanks for this. I haven't had too many issues, but last night I was trying to watch the Cubs White Sox game and the video quality was adjusting back and forth to the point that it was unwatchable. Good share.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Watch my Astros 4-5 days a week. Somebody has to.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

I like watching I share an acct only one has to pay for it the other can use it also doesnt matter where you live either mlb hasnt fixed that in yrs so really split the paying for it 1 yr you buy next yr your buddy. More than 2 can use it also

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

MLB Extra Innings with Direct TV is where its at. Every single game with no black outs.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

12 Last