MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

ESPN 30 For 30: Hillsborough

I think it's on tomorrow night....Very sad story but looks like it will be interesting from the trailer I saw on ESPN and the little I know about it

Watching the EPL this past weekend, every game had a memorial and minute of silence so it's obviously a huge deal in England still to this day....

From wiki:

"A look at the April 15, 1989 tragedy at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, England, where a stampede in the stadium's standing-room-only areas killed 96 people and injured 766. The film also examines the ongoing efforts of victims' families to seek truth and justice, as well as tangible effects on English football, including stadium upgrades and the emergence of the English Premier League. (2 hours in length)"

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

these 30 for 30 docos are awesome. look forward to watching it.
    anyone who hasnt seen this one, should probably watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1493943/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Yeah money line still huge here in the uk also the gods giving a little love to Liverpool this yr to win the premiership title

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Yeah money line still huge here in the uk also the gods giving a little love to Liverpool this yr to win the premiership title
    Yeah definitley....love watching them and hope they can pull off the title....Sterling-Suarez-Sturridge is tough to stop

I think I saw that the Hillsborough Disaster was 25 years ago to this day which is why the 30 for 30 is airing tonight

Do you guys get access to ESPN over there?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Yeah definitley....love watching them and hope they can pull off the title....Sterling-Suarez-Sturridge is tough to stop

I think I saw that the Hillsborough Disaster was 25 years ago to this day which is why the 30 for 30 is airing tonight

Do you guys get access to ESPN over there?
    Yeah we do , I remember as a kid watching it live seeing people crushed to death as you can see by the banners that say justice for the 96 it refers to the police cover up which hopefully justice will be done for those family's

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Coming on ESPN in a few minutes.....Gonna DVR it

Should be interesting even if you're not a big soccer fan, most of the 30 for 30s are really good regardless of the sport

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Boring!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6422

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    Boring!
    Jeezus, get a heart. Those families were lied to for over 20 years, their loved ones blamed for their own deaths. Glad someone gave them a voice, and hopefully some justice.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39, GR33D, MoneyLineDawg, and Guinser

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

interesting.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Boring!
    I didn't think so at all....But to each their own

It was very moving and was crazy to see how bad the Cops/Gov't covered it all up in the end and tried to place blame on the fans

It was very sad watching the families and witnesses recall that fateful day..You can just tell how badly they are still affected by it even 25 years later.....I never realized how young most of the 96 people killed that day were

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Jeezus, get a heart. Those families were lied to for over 20 years, their loved ones blamed for their own deaths. Glad someone gave them a voice, and hopefully some justice.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Seems like alot of people out there don't agree with your "Boring!" comment....Just look up #30for30

J Stowe
    @HARDWORK_J
    3m

I live for sports docs. This #Hillsborough #30for30 is beyond words.

Jonathan Lorenz@jonlorenz 44m
    The #Hillsborough #30for30 story is one of the best pieces of investigative journalism I have ever seen, beyond eye opening. #JFT96 #YNWA

Charlynn Schmiedt@ohtheprofanity 33m
    This. Such emotion. “@pschmiedt: #hillsborough is an excellent #30for30. Maybe one of the three best.”

matt flores @floresmatt53 24m
    This 30 for 30 on hillsborough is crazy good!! #30for30 #Hillsborough25thAnniversary

Ed Choi@EGChoi 13m
    #30for30 #Hillsborough Watch it. Trust me. Frightening, appalling, infuriating, and finally, vindicating.

Matt Wopperer@woppcity 12m
    The #30for30 on the Hillsborough disaster is one of the most incredible things I've ever watched. Even if you're not a soccer fan, go watch

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Boring!
    Seriously just penetrate off

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

the chris herron 30 for 30 is one of the better ones......should be mandatory for high school sportys players to watch......Actually they should have all high school kids watch it........
    kis lives about an hour from me and was a great b ball player, but could never get off the heroin long enough to make it bigtime for himself and family......
    was so close, played the in the nba, but was always high...........

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    the chris herron 30 for 30 is one of the better ones......should be mandatory for high school sportys players to watch......Actually they should have all high school kids watch it........
    kis lives about an hour from me and was a great b ball player, but could never get off the heroin long enough to make it bigtime for himself and family......
    was so close, played the in the nba, but was always high...........
    Yeah that was definitely one of my favorite ones....My sister saw him tell his story live and she said everyone was in tears

The Hillsborough one tonight was similar to that one in that they were both very emotional and moving

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

anywhere you can watch this online?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

I'll be watching it. Hell, I even watched the "9 for 9" women's sports documentaries, and even those were really good.

I remember hearing about this when it happened. At the time, you had similar incidents like this happening in South America to where we here in the States would just roll our eyes at the silliness of people going so crazy and stampeding at sports events. We had no idea what was really happening there.