TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

K-1 and Glory fighters are the toughest around

Was watching the Glory event in Istanbul yesterday

Unreal how tough these guys are

If UFC guys couldn't take them down it would be like men fighting little boys

Hand and foot speed is much faster, and kicks to the liver that make UFC guys wilt these guys just eat time after time

The main thing is how tough they are though. Tyrone Spong got a leg kick checked and broke his leg in half like Anderson Silva. The guy never made a peep, just sat down like he had turned an ankle or something and raised his glove to Ghokan Saki to congratulate him for winning the fight.

The ref was telling Saki to get back in his corner, he couldn't even tell Spong was seriously injured and done because the guy was hardly reacting to the pain

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Was watching the Glory event in Istanbul yesterday

Unreal how tough these guys are

If UFC guys couldn't take them down it would be like men fighting little boys

Hand and foot speed is much faster, and kicks to the liver that make UFC guys wilt these guys just eat time after time

The main thing is how tough they are though. Tyrone Spong got a leg kick checked and broke his leg in half like Anderson Silva. The guy never made a peep, just sat down like he had turned an ankle or something and raised his glove to Ghokan Saki to congratulate him for winning the fight.

The ref was telling Saki to get back in his corner, he couldn't even tell Spong was seriously injured and done because the guy was hardly reacting to the pain
    Lol no. Saki immediately put his hands on his head like "holy shiiit". And it wasnt as bad as andersons. People react differently...spong was clearly in complete shock , he probably didnt feel the pain until later

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Lol no. Saki immediately put his hands on his head like "holy shiiit". And it wasnt as bad as andersons. People react differently...spong was clearly in complete shock , he probably didnt feel the pain until later
    I knew someone would say he was in shock

I watched the guy for like ten minutes, he was feeling it but just eating it like a beast

What do you mean wasn't as bad as Silva's? His shin was broken in half and flopped around. A clean break is a clean break

I'm just saying UFC fighters are more well rounded and most likely take them down and submit them but they aren't near as physically and mentally tough as these guys

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

bob sapp was a lot of fun to watch

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    bob sapp was a lot of fun to watch
    He was a fraud freak show just like Kimbo Slice in the octagon

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I knew someone would say he was in shock

I watched the guy for like ten minutes, he was feeling it but just eating it like a beast

What do you mean wasn't as bad as Silva's? His shin was broken in half and flopped around. A clean break is a clean break

I'm just saying UFC fighters are more well rounded and most likely take them down and submit them but they aren't near as physically and mentally tough as these guys
    I mean visually it wasnt as bad. When Anderson was on floor you could still see his foot go off at wrong angle, but Spong's didnt look as bad when he was lay down on his back.

Regarding how mentally and physically tough they are do you not think your sample size is slightly low?! comparing Anderson Silva to Spong?!

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16826

I mean visually it wasnt as bad. When Anderson was on floor you could still see his foot go off at wrong angle, but Spong's didnt look as bad when he was lay down on his back.

Regarding how mentally and physically tough they are do you not think your sample size is slightly low?! comparing Anderson Silva to Spong?!
    Corey Hill was practically chill when it happened to him. INSTANT PROOF OF FINAL ACCOUNT FOR EVERYTHING!

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Yeah, but the thing you have to remember is that in medicine, if something looks as bad as something else, then it is as bad. That's why that guy who Matt Riddle knocked out on TUF is a bigger bitch than, say, Todd Duffee, who got knocked out in the same way by Russow, but didn't end up with horrible amnesia and a jaw that was broken in multiple places. The amnesia guy was clearly just a straight bitchblood, not tough enough to make it in K1.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yeah, but the thing you have to remember is that in medicine, if something looks as bad as something else, then it is as bad. That's why that guy who Matt Riddle knocked out on TUF is a bigger bitch than, say, Todd Duffee, who got knocked out in the same way by Russow, but didn't end up with horrible amnesia and a jaw that was broken in multiple places. The amnesia guy was clearly just a straight bitchblood, not tough enough to make it in K1.
    I understand that certain posters will have a knee jerk defensive reaction because of their pride in watching or participating in MMA. However comparing head trauma to a clean break of the shin is dishonest and u know it.

I have said before the MMA fighter is overall more skilled and more strategic. However while the MMA fighter is practicing his single leg takedown, thekick boxer is practicing giving and receiving pain. While the MMA guy is practicing defending an armbar , the kick boxer is practicing dealing out and receiving pain.

Put your ego aside and admit the truth guys, come on

MD

I understand that certain posters will have a knee jerk defensive reaction because of their pride in watching or participating in MMA. However comparing head trauma to a clean break of the shin is dishonest and u know it.

I have said before the MMA fighter is overall more skilled and more strategic. However while the MMA fighter is practicing his single leg takedown, thekick boxer is practicing giving and receiving pain. While the MMA guy is practicing defending an armbar , the kick boxer is practicing dealing out and receiving pain.

Is it as dishonest as saying that Glory guys are tougher than MMA guys because Tyrone Spong wasn't showing pain on his face when he broke his leg and Anderson Silva was? Over a sample size of exactly one, we've discovered that Glory guys are tougher, as long as we just assume that their injuries were equally painful and that Spong was not at all in shock, and that not showing pain on your face is an indication of toughness.

TheCentaur

You think this is the first time I have seen kick boxing? No

So are u saying K-1 and Glory fighters do not have a higher pain tolerance and are not tougher?

Skill and strategy are most important in MMA, while toughness and pain tolerance are most important in high level kickboxing

The more you deny this the more foolish u look

MD

You think this is the first time I have seen kick boxing? No

So are u saying K-1 and Glory fighters do not have a higher pain tolerance and are not tougher?

Skill and strategy are most important in MMA, while toughness and pain tolerance are most important in high level kickboxing

The more you deny this the more foolish u look

The only thing that could have made this funnier is if you followed it up with "the more you deny this the more foolish u look", and you did. Next time there's a draw in Glory they can just roll around in a cactus patch until one of them quits.

TheCentaur

MD how did it work out for u in school when you got your math test back and u argued back and forth with the math teacher that 2+2 actually = 3 by using flawed analogies and obfuscation techniques?

MD

MD how did it work out for u in school when you got your math test back and u argued back and forth with the math teacher that 2+2 actually = 3 by using flawed analogies and obfuscation techniques?
    Better than just saying "my answers are right and if you don't agree then you're an idiot".

The teacher may end up thinking that I'm stupid, but at least they won't think that I'm stupid and a c-nt.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

lol

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

but they throw w no fear of the takedown---much easier

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ive actually always preferred kickboxing over mma so im not biased. I just dont know how you can say one is tougher than the other.

MD

Ive actually always preferred kickboxing over mma so im not biased. I just dont know how you can say one is tougher than the other.
    Ironically, it's because he was having a knee jerk reaction to Spong's leg break reaction.