Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    It's $40 in the beckett so you made 60% Roi.

Great job. Now you have $40000.

LOL
    No, Beckett always has monthly specials since it's not an auto'd card,you can get them graded for around 9 bucks a pop, the service takes a while I think was 20 day service. And you're assuming he's sending 1000 of them, I wrote what to look for before sending them off, I may have contradicted but I did write what to look for before semnding them

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    No, Beckett always has monthly specials since it's not an auto'd card,you can get them graded for around 9 bucks a pop, the service takes a while I think was 20 day service. And you're assuming he's sending 1000 of them, I wrote what to look for before sending them off, I may have contradicted but I did write what to look for before semnding them
    if he wants to join PSA he can then do the bulk grading over 100 cards is $7 apiece

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    if he wants to join PSA he can then do the bulk grading over 100 cards is $7 apiece
    yes that too, I first wrote to send it to psa, but someone responded with beckett I dunno why, so I was just replying to them that BGS also has service that's about 9 a pop. But yeah I'd agree to send it to PSA, but he's gonna need to learn what to look for in the card before sending thjem since there's a big value gap between the 9 and the 10

Vegas39

yes that too, I first wrote to send it to psa, but someone responded with beckett I dunno why, so I was just replying to them that BGS also has service that's about 9 a pop. But yeah I'd agree to send it to PSA, but he's gonna need to learn what to look for in the card before sending thjem since there's a big value gap between the 9 and the 10
    for sure if he is gonna go that route he needs to know what he is looking for. Not sure where OP lives but PSA does do onsite grading at some larger card shows

Vegas39

Here is list of shows they will be at
    http://www.psacard.com/Resources/Shows/

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

I meant price of griffey in the beckett as a joke.

BGS is better for modern cards but this is just on the cusp.

Plus if hit a BGS 10...........💲💲💲💲💲💲💲

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

can anyone please tell me what a Chris webber topps finest rookie refractor goes go?

Cheers

Monitor-Tan

I meant price of griffey in the beckett as a joke.

BGS is better for modern cards but this is just on the cusp.

Plus if hit a BGS 10...........
    My mistake, misunderstood. But I suppose you are right. If he's got 1000 of them, and he knows what to look for, do a bulk submit. Outside shot to hit that BGS 10 with that many cards..

Vegas39

My mistake, misunderstood. But I suppose you are right. If he's got 1000 of them, and he knows what to look for, do a bulk submit. Outside shot to hit that BGS 10 with that many cards..

yes if he can get a few BGS 10's be nice . Curious how he has had them stored.

One ended on ebay on Aplri 4th for BGS 10 and sold for $1628.99

k13

There's only 79 bgs 10's out 30000 + graded....

Yikes.

Monitor-Tan

There's only 79 bgs 10's out 30000 + graded....

Yikes.
    If that's the case i'd much rather sell the 1000 rookie cards raw for a loss, and then take that money and gamble with it. Probably will only need a win or two, to get it back to that 25grand.. sounds like those odds are better then the .2% chance of getting BGS 10 LOL..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Fuk'in ball cards, what a scam! Comic books are where it's at you douche bags! Paid for my oldest kid's 1st year of college with comics I collected as a teen! I would buy 5 sometime 10 issues of the same title, one to read, the other ones to store or sell. Still have over 500 rare issues and artwork by guys like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Have fun making a bon fire with that worthless tops shit!

k13

Comic books tanked beyond belief and never recovered.

Only a few super rare ones.

Comic books are shit, no one buys new ones.
    People buy new cards and if you want to have a bone fire with lebrons rookies then that would be similar to your poker decisions.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

My kyle singler rookie sold for like $70..lol

Wow. I assume that you're still active collecting.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    Wow. I assume that you're still active collecting.
    I just started again 3 months ago. Mostly flipping and a few box/group breaks.

I like the high end rookie patch auto cards though.

uncle vinny
    uncle vinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    now baseball cards are all garbage for the most part

i had an 1987 Fleer michael Jordan and lost it in a game of horse when i was like 14....

dumb move there, especially when i couldn't even hit a layup
    What is this lay up you speak off

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Wait Ken Griffen? Sounds like error cards like the Billy Ripken with his bat
    remember the 1 back in the day that said fukk on the end of the bat or something?

cant remember for shit who it was, probably a nobody but ill never forget that

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

remember the 1 back in the day that said fukk on the end of the bat or something?

That's the Billy Ripken bat. I think it may have said "fukk face". THe crew on MLB network still gives Billy a tough time over it.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

I just started again 3 months ago. Mostly flipping and a few box/group breaks.

I like the high end rookie patch auto cards though.
    Good choice though. Panini Immaculate together w/ Preferred silhouettes, National Treasures are, imo, will stood test of time and will only improve in value after 10 yrs. Investing on rookies on those 3 cards mentioned is a smart move.

Monitor-Tan

My kyle singler rookie sold for like $70..lol

That's a nice card.. I hope you meant sell value is 70 bux and not that you actually SOLD it, I wouldn't sell it for 70 dollars...

k13

That's a nice card.. I hope you meant sell value is 70 bux and not that you actually SOLD it, I wouldn't sell it for 70 dollars...
    Why not?

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8860

89 Fleer - Billy Ripken. I have both versions of that card. The majority are blacked out, but the rare ones have it all exposed with "F**k Face" written on the bottom of the bat.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The guy that runs the pawn shop in Pawn Stars is right. Things that are made to be collected rarely end up as collectibles.

Monitor-Tan

Why not?
    Dont' get me wrong, you sold it for a pretty nice price, I just wouldn't sell it for 70 bucks, but that's just me. Feel he's still got a descent shot to prove himself. I guess better way of phrasing is, I feel in future he's still got a shot to prove himself so I wouldn't have for 70 bux. Although, I guess since you said you flip them that's great, you can always rebuy after profit haha. Gaybay has so much fees for selling though =T

k13

Dont' get me wrong, you sold it for a pretty nice price, I just wouldn't sell it for 70 bucks, but that's just me. Feel he's still got a descent shot to prove himself. I guess better way of phrasing is, I feel in future he's still got a shot to prove himself so I wouldn't have for 70 bux. Although, I guess since you said you flip them that's great, you can always rebuy after profit haha. Gaybay has so much fees for selling though =T
    Oh I see.
    I try not to sell rookies with potential who are relatively cheap.
    A friend who's a big duke fan bought it from me so if it goes up I'm fine with him having it.

Surprised you think he has potential since he's white and duke so everyone's favorite diss. He's actually played well.

Cards/players I like I keep for my own collection.

The margins are small and really not sure if I really should have got back into it. Auto's is what brings non - card people in.
    Everyone loves memorabilia which are supposedly authenticated.

k13

1 in 5000 packs and still not worth that much.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Singler sold for $70?

The last couple on ebay got $5 (2 color patch) and $20.

When the hell did you sell if for $70?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Major-league baseball is becoming a dead game as is the collecting business

Each year cards are losing more and more value and eventually the be worthless other than a few big stars from the past

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Major-league baseball is becoming a dead game as is the collecting business

Each year cards are losing more and more value and eventually the be worthless other than a few big stars from the past
    Mike Trout Bowman Chrome auto rc used to sell for $30 raw. Now sells for over $800.

WTF are you talking about?

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Mike Trout Bowman Chrome auto rc used to sell for $30 raw. Now sells for over $800.

WTF are you talking about?
    jj is clueless

k13

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Singler sold for $70?

The last couple on ebay got $5 (2 color patch) and $20.

When the hell did you sell if for $70?
    Sold it to a buddy.

Too many variables on ebay, seller, location, auction, time, patch, condition. Lot of scammers.

So you'll see the same card sell for $10 to $100...

There's a BIN now for $99.99 but the auction ones probably finish in the $20 ' s. ..

Ho Le Fuk
    Ho Le Fuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

i call duckshit on you having 1000 of them.

pics or it didn't happen.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    K13 is right your best shot is to spend money to get them graded. A PSA 10 bringing about $270 range
    You're a retard.
    You'd be lucky to get $40 on ebay for a "10"
    Some sell for $10.
    K13 is right. late 80's early 90's were massed produced & the values plummetted.
    You were talking about "The Cup" right k13?

I have a master set of the 2011 Topps Diamond ann. Set.
    Also 4 sets of the mail in set.

I also have a Ronnie Brewer Upper Deck Rookie Edition RC.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

My mom sold all my cards back in 1998...

Should've never left home..

I

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Comic books tanked beyond belief and never recovered.

Only a few super rare ones.

Comic books are shit, no one buys new ones.
    People buy new cards and if you want to have a bone fire with lebrons rookies then that would be similar to your poker decisions.
    Dude you're full of shit! Comic books actively sell and go up for auction all the time! And the value has continued to increase with the advent of blockbuster movies and events like comic con based on these Marvel and DC characters generations have grown up with! When the first Spider Man movies came out, my collection tripled in value and I could name my price! I sold one issue with 1st appearance of Doc Octopus in it for over $500! One fuk'in book and it's worth more today!

Don't talks shit because you invested in bullshit worthless ass cardboard! Buy multiple boxes of worthless ball cards just to hopefully find "one" that is worth a shit! It's a fuk'in scam and idiots like you buy right into it! I don't see no studios making movies about Ken Griffy Jr! Meanwhile, Spider Man, Iron Man, Superman, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, Batman, etc... all big time fuk'in collectables. Get out now douche bag while you still have some pocket change left and invest in comics, I'll even tell you what ones to buy! Go to any comic book/ball cards/collectable store and ask them where they make their fuk'in money! It's aint on no damn ball cards that's for sure!

First 123 Last