jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I Look At Baseball Cards Daily..Where Do You Start Anymore??

All I am doing is betting hunches and stabs now

I glance at pitchers and records real quick and that is about it

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

1st 5 ...Astros
    can't pass that price

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Lineups

jjgold

worn down from hoops
    cannot quit..losers do that

Help me

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

I always bet against Ace pitchers at home...

jjgold

Illini not bad..I wonder what ML stats are on that??

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

road team underdogs with a marginal starting pitching edge. best whip differential works better than most think. find road team underdog starting pitcher vs home teams with the lower whip. putting less runners on base important. forget lineups or injuries to batters or past matchups. too much legwork to do there. all that matters is how your starter is doing currently. or how bad the opponent starter is doing whip wise.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think MLB is the hardest to cap. Reason why... you have to factor in a lot of juice on your losses. And that doggie doesn't bark at times when you take him. It's a marathon not a sprint. But if you really need a baseball fix daily... I look at the career avgs of the players going against the starting pitcher. If one team is off by .80 to .100 I hammer it. MLB is the only sport where stats count... and technically you can't fix a baseball game. O/U yes... there's a possibility. But picking home and away... well... take a side hard to rig. And you factor in a little bit of line movement. But that's about it.

It's great to know people are excited about MLB/baseball. Every thread you go to here... posters are excited. That's great and all... but there's no way you guys are + at the end of the year in this sport. Maybe 1% of you.

Baseball is a zero profit sport.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think MLB is the hardest to cap. Reason why... you have to factor in a lot of juice on your losses. And that doggie doesn't bark at times when you take him. It's a marathon not a sprint. But if you really need a baseball fix daily... I look at the career avgs of the players going against the starting pitcher. If one team is off by .80 to .100 I hammer it. MLB is the only sport where stats count... and technically you can't fix a baseball game. O/U yes... there's a possibility. But picking home and away... well... take a side hard to rig. And you factor in a little bit of line movement. But that's about it.

It's great to know people are excited about MLB/baseball. Every thread you go to here... posters are excited. That's great and all... but there's no way you guys are + at the end of the year in this sport. Maybe 1% of you.

Its sort of like hockey..juice kills

great post guy

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

betting on bias on the first 2 weeks will kill you. hard to know how each team will play or start off. its all in the numbers

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

ride the starting pitchers who are currently pitching well

Tim Hudson
    Felix Hernandez
    Chris Archer
    Gio Gonzalez
    that Eovaldi dude on the Marlins
    Peralta from the Brewers- he might have the best stuff on the staff
    who am i missing there are some locked in pitchers right now

jjgold

It seems if you're going to Cape anything it has to be the pitcher kind of like what the quarterback is too and NFL team

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

SP is an essential component no doubt but you gotta take into account bullpens - which guys are rested, overworked, unavailable and whether or not they have match-up guys (i.e. lefty v. lefty) spot pitchers.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

mlb is a books cash cow. we cant predict the most unpredictable sport

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Its sort of like hockey..juice kills

great post guy
    Juice only kills if u let it. I rarely lay more than -130. I just pass & wait for better spot. Long season so there will be plenty of spots. If u don't wanna take the time to look into all the stats & matchups just find the small plus $$ dogs & ask yourself a question "If they play this game 100x's the end result will be 50/50 plus or minus a couple"
    If you believe the answer to be true to that question then why not take plus money??

Takes alot of variance & stress out of sweating out big favs (& big dogs for that matter) & gives you action where you won't win or lose much & allows u to stay in action & wait out the season for the really good spots that will certainly arise over the course of the (long) season.
    This is my approach

jjgold

upscops great post man

great advice in the thread

maybe I will be a better capper for it

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Must play dogs, or favs -1.5-----problem is every year there is about a 3 week drought, when I get buried---if you can avoid that.....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    ride the starting pitchers who are currently pitching well

Tim Hudson
    Felix Hernandez
    Chris Archer
    Gio Gonzalez
    that Eovaldi dude on the Marlins
    Peralta from the Brewers- he might have the best stuff on the staff
    who am i missing there are some locked in pitchers right now
    okay so Eovaldi needs to be taken off this list. Guy has had back to back mediocre starts after 2 really good ones.

I will be riding Tim Hudson and the Giants again today.
    Last edited by Big Bear; 04-13-14 at 11:20 AM.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

There's a fine line I walk early in the season because of the managers and their tendency to give players rest...so I play extra attention to the lineups because some I feel sacrifice games early on in the name of rest. You can't survive betting baseball only betting favorites...but people have to also realize totals are also a viable option. Also, you can't wager 5-6 games a day and expect to be around very long...I find 1 game, and possible a 2nd I really like and that's it for the day

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 60

It's the summer grind. The mental beatings never stop and your begging for football by July.
    Put on your hard hat Gold and tough it out.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Baseball is the easiest sport to win at. The data is all available. This sport has the most information available to lead you to the W. you just have to use a capping checklist and have 10 tabs open to use all the necessary stats and data. Price shopping is huge. 5d is a must. Overnight capping saves thousands of dollars. .05 juice is a must.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Jose Fernandez on the Marlins has the filthiest stuff in baseball right now.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Sundays are the worst in baseball. Early games everywhere lot of line-up up changes and guys become unavailable.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Zach Greinke is pretty filthy too. Chris Archer throws 96 with nice tail action.

jjgold

Bear where did you learn to handicap I am interested in who taught you because you're pretty darn good as far as baseball .

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Why did the end of the title say "anymore"? Who talks like that? Its def not jjgold himself. Hes from jerseyand people from the east coast dont use the word "anymore" in that context.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Phillies slapped him around the other day...so not really

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Baseball is easy to cap, if you have 90 minutes to devote daily.
    Dogs don't always bark, but if you do your homework you can go 50/50 betting +money, do that, well, you do the math.
    Career avg. versus pitchers is indeed a good place to start to 'cap.
    You can not really fix a game, you can try with the HPU, pay attention to 2-2 counts, often an apparant strike 3 call is called ball 3 to make a full count out of what would have been strike 3.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Phillies slapped him around the other day...so not really
    One game means nothing. Everyone has an off game here and there.

jjgold

I will not quit though, I need to hang around and then make my run

God Bless all

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Have to just pick your spots with moneyline dogs. This is a good read. http://www.sportswagers.ca/betting-a...icle.php?aID=3
    Last edited by icecapper; 04-13-14 at 03:19 PM.

jjgold

Thanks I Scaper

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Baseball isn't my favorite sport, but IMO its the best and easiest to cap. As your pretty much only worried about who will win and not thinking about point spreads. Second, its much easier tp isolate the variables in baseball than in other sports. Because the interactions jappen sequentially and not at the same time like other team sports. Thirdly, capping baseball is mostly about pitching.

After writing this though, I would say its tied with the NFL for easiest sports to handicap/bet on.
    Last edited by Emancipator; 04-13-14 at 03:21 PM.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

Quote Originally Posted by icecapper View Post
    Have to just pick your spots with moneyline dogs. This is a good read. http://www.sportswagers.ca/betting-a...icle.php?aID=3
    ya thats what im trying to work on. anyone got a get set of guidelines i can use to help with discipline and money management?

jjgold

might cut down number of plays next week and see if that helps

12 Last