MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Weak Champion

NCAAB field was weak this year. UCONN would have been handled by many of the past champions. Kentucky was very talented, but had no business being in the championship game. Completely raw of a team with flaws and lacked chemistry. With so many players leaving early it's watering down the game.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Kentucky backer?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

While I agree this was certainly a down year for college hoops and it's not the product it once was from a quality standpoint, you have to admit that beating the A-10, Big East, Big 12, Big Ten and SEC champion in successive fashion just to get to the national championship game is pretty damn impressive.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Field Was Weak Lmfao. Kentucky Backer Started This Post.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

yea i'm sure 15 years from now they will say how weak the field was... right...

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

I had Unconn and under parlay, sad to see the season go......I've been sucking at baseball, gonna be a long summer.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

No national title is a legitimate title. You play the tournament 10 times and you have 9 different winners. UConn was down 3 with 45 seconds to play in the 1st round and could have easily bowed out. But Napier hit a three and they won in OT and they won the tournament. It's just a tournament, and it's a lot of fun and they deserve a lot of credit for winning it. But it never has been a good indicator of anything, and besides, it's over and nobody cares anyway.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

This year had lots of parity which made it great IMO. Give UConn credit.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

It only seems as if the field was weak because the "favorites" got outed early.

MoneylineExpress

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    It only seems as if the field was weak because the "favorites" got outed early.
    No. The #1 seeds were weak this year. Florida and Virginia have no NBA talent. Wichita St was good, but untested. Arizona was clear cut #1 until Ashley went down.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneylineExpress View Post
    No. The #1 seeds were weak this year. Florida and Virginia have no NBA talent. Wichita St was good, but untested. Arizona was clear cut #1 until Ashley went down.
    No nba talent means absolutely nothing to college success.

MoneylineExpress

No nba talent means absolutely nothing to college success.
    Bullshit. Every past champion since the turn of the century has had a future NBA player on it.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Bullshit. Every past champion since the turn of the century has had a future NBA player on it.
    Dorian Finley smith.

Mich state has 3 nba players- out.
    Wichita state has 1- out.
    Kansas multiple- out.
    Arizona multiple- out.
    Michigan multiple- out.
    Kentucky a million- lost.
    Uconn 1.5?- champs.
    Should I continue?

MoneylineExpress

You still failed to disapprove my point. The fact is that Virginia and Florida have no future NBA talent, which is rare of a #1 seed. 2013 Louisville, 2012 Kentucky, 2009 North Carolina, 2008 Kansas/Memphis, 2007/6 Florida teams would have crushed either one of the teams that played tonight. It was a rather weak championship game. All of these teams were loaded with talent, and had team chemistry, which Kentucky did not have the latter.

MoneylineExpress

Dorian Finley smith.

Kansas multiple- out.
    Arizona multiple- out.
    Michigan multiple- out.
    Uconn 1.5?- champs.
    Should I continue?
    Dorian Finley Smith is not on any of the mock draft projections.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Dorian Finley Smith is not on any of the mock draft projections.
    Hes young. Developments to come. I think he's nba worthy.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

who cares?

uconn deserved this title

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

You still failed to disapprove my point. The fact is that Virginia and Florida have no future NBA talent, which is rare of a #1 seed. 2013 Louisville, 2012 Kentucky, 2009 North Carolina, 2008 Kansas/Memphis, 2007/6 Florida teams would have crushed either one of the teams that played tonight. It was a rather weak championship game. All of these teams were loaded with talent, and had team chemistry, which Kentucky did not have the latter.
    Dont know why you keep saying virginia.
    They were not a favorite to win. They were a 1 because they dominated acc.
    Michigan state and Louisville both favorites to make final 4, outed by teams tonight.
    You keep harping about nba, nba means nothing. You gain nba respect when your team makes a run. Example= deandre Daniels. His team makes a run in tourney and he plays GREAT, gains draft stock.

The fact is, is that "nba talent" doesn't mean ncaa championship. Ncaa championship leads to nba draft respect. Get it?

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

NBA talent has nothing to do with college success, now i think i have heard it all...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    NBA talent has nothing to do with college success, now i think i have heard it all...
    Which is why Kevin Ollie uses a lot of NBA pro aets, Kevin Ollie has that NBA mentality that has made him, after year 2, a big time NCAA coach. I disagree with the OP, but I respect hits knowlesge, this was far from a weak game.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Dorian Finley smith.

Kansas multiple- out.
    Arizona multiple- out.
    Michigan multiple- out.
    Uconn 1.5?- champs.
    Should I continue?
    Wichita state has 2 first rounders and probably 3 in two years when van vleet comes out and makes it

stevenash

So I'm looking at the nbadraft.net site, they have, get this, Napier 24 overall going to Charlotte, and in 2015 they have Daniels, second round, 46 overall, going to, wait for it... Charlitte

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Honestly... about 20 teams could of won this title game. Probably the largest margin ever in a NCAA tournament.

UConn got hot... and pushed all the right buttons. Give them credit.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Uconn deserved it by getting here

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Haters going to hate.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Uconn was the best team let's face it they handled most teams pretty easy despite the scores

The college basketball product is way down. Because kids are not staying in school

I don't think one Kentucky player is ready for the pros except Randall the rest will be absolute busts

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold;21593790[B
    ]Uconn was the best team let's face it[/B] they handled most teams pretty easy despite the scores

The college basketball product is way down. Because kids are not staying in school

I don't think one Kentucky player is ready for the pros except Randall the rest will be absolute busts
    at the time they were the best. Another poster said it they got hot. Not taking anything away from them they deserved it. I would say that this year was the right year for the billion dollar bracket. Very few picked UConn to go far in this tourney. This was a toss up year, UConn capitalized played great and deserves the credit.

jjgold

They beat all really good teams very easy

They were the best team

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    It doesnt.
    Have you never seen college basketball?
    A group of players getting hot in the ncaa tourney and making a run?
    Do you realize that some guys dont even get looked at or hyped as an nba prospect until the tourney then BOOM they carry their team and they automatically have draft stock.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

You still failed to disapprove my point.
    Uhhhh....I think he was fairly clear he was very "disapproving" of your point.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MoneylineExpress

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Uhhhh....I think he was fairly clear he was very "disapproving" of your point.
    How was he? I said it was a weak year for #1 seeds because they lacked NBA talent. Other than Zona I thought the #1 seeds were weak compared to years past talent wise. I said every past champion since the turn of the century has had a future NBA player on it. Which is true. I said UCONN is a weak champion compared to years past, which is true.

Kentucky got to the championship game purely on talent. They have no chemistry whatsoever. They lack ball movement on offense. Looked like they grabbed a bunch of talented players, put em on the court, and just let them play pickup style. Their offense the entire tournament was iso, drive to the hoop, and have multiple players attack the rim with their size and athleticism.

Was a weak year with a bunch of 2nd tier level teams that could win it. No cream of the crop.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

And you don't think Connecticut has one NBA player on it's roster?

NBA talent on a roster has zero fuking predictive value in the NCAA tournament.

Do you really think the 1983 NC State team has 1/100th of the NBA talent that Houston had?

And Villanova? Do you think they had the same depth of talent the 1985 Georgetown team had?

MoneylineExpress

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    And you don't think Connecticut has one NBA player on it's roster?

NBA talent on a roster has zero fuking predictive value in the NCAA tournament.

Do you really think the 1983 NC State team has 1/100th of the NBA talent that Houston had?

And Villanova? Do you think they had the same depth of talent the 1985 Georgetown team had?
    Maybe you didn't read the part where I said, "Since the turn of the century" you dumb fuk. Maybe you need to go back to junior high to improve on your reading comprehension. The game has changed since then with the one and dones. You need NBA talent on your roster to win.

UCONN has 1 potential player in Napier, and he carried this team like Kemba did a few years ago. How do you think Kentucky made it to the finals this year? They had the most NBA talent compared to anyone in the tournament, but they were raw as hell.
    Last edited by MoneylineExpress; 04-08-14 at 11:22 AM.

jjgold

UCONN was one of best teams in years actually going by the teams they beat and rather easy

stevenash

Maybe you didn't read the part where I said, "Since the turn of the century" you dumb fuk. Maybe you need to go back to junior high to improve on your reading comprehension. The game has changed since then with the one and dones. You need NBA talent on your roster to win.

UCONN has 1 potential player in Napier, and he carried this team like Kemba did a few years ago. How do you think Kentucky made it to the finals this year? They had the most NBA talent compared to anyone in the tournament, but they were raw as hell.
    Daniels is a projected second rounder in 2015, Boatwright? Not sure if he gets drafted.

I'm sensing a anti-UConn sentiment in you, Ollie might be the best coach in the NCAA to ready kids for the pros.
    Ollie knows how the NBA works, and he cut hit teeth on the knee of Jim Calhoun.

12 Last