James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    If he thinks Indiana and Georgetown are lateral moves to Minnesota then I don't think it's worth the effort to even respond, James.
    I assume he is young. Younger guys don't know what Georgetown hoyas and Indiana Hoosiers used to mean. It's like saying ND football in the old days, now it's Alabama that means something

Tham is minnesota your team?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I assume he is young. Younger guys don't know what Georgetown hoyas and Indiana Hoosiers used to mean. It's like saying ND football in the old days, now it's Alabama that means something

Tham is minnesota your team?
    I am 23. But I do know the history of these teams.
    I am not discounting these programs and I'm not ignorant. I know these are two of the best programs, but I just don't see much of an interest by pitino for those programs.

and no sir, illini fan.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I'm gonna close the thread and pretend it never happened THammer.
    Cuse is treating this thread as Thams mulligan for the SBR forum. It's like if you have a cool cousin who one time out of the blue brings home a fat ugly girlfriend. After he dumps her you don't bring it up, but he is only entitled to one. If he brings home another one we bring down the hammer.

Tham you are the cool cousin and this thread is your fat ugly girlfriend. You only get one.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Cuse is treating this thread as Thams mulligan for the SBR forum. It's like if you have a cool cousin who one time out of the blue brings home a fat ugly girlfriend. After he dumps her you don't bring it up, but he is only entitled to one. If he brings home another one we bring down the hammer.

Tham you are the cool cousin and this thread is your fat ugly girlfriend. You only get one.
    Hahaha

I like to discuss stuff like this.
    Because I think Indiana is a program going down. Historic, yes. But I'm not sure if they sustain that.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Lol bro.
    all I'm saying is Indiana is always gonna be considered above Minnesota because their name. But if you look at the match ups,..... 10-13 record for Indiana in the 2000s
    So I assume Dayton is a better program then Syracuse or Ohio state because since 2000 Dayton in 1-0 vs each of those programs . ( ok just screwing with you on this one)

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

So I assume Dayton is a better program then Syracuse or Ohio state because since 2000 Dayton in 1-0 vs each of those programs . ( ok just screwing with you on this one)
    Lmao 14 years Is a decent sample size.

I could not find overall head to head record between the two. If someone can find it I'd like to see it.

I sure Indiana has upper hand. But not sure how many more wins.

Please post if someone finds it.

James D

Lmao 14 years Is a decent sample size.

I could not find overall head to head record between the two. If someone can find it I'd like to see it.

I sure Indiana has upper hand. But not sure how many more wins.

Please post if someone finds it.

In all seriousness since 2000 and coach knights departure Indiana is 262-195 which is 57%
    The knight era directly preceding that was 1971-2000 Indiana went 662-239 and 73.5% with 3 NCAA titles.

What I am saying is minnesota having a winning record vs Indiana in those 14 years is a good thing for sure but Indiana has been pretty average during this era.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

In all seriousness since 2000 and coach knights departure Indiana is 262-195 which is 57%
    The knight era directly preceding that was 1971-2000 Indiana went 662-239 and 73.5% with 3 NCAA titles.

What I am saying is minnesota having a winning record vs Indiana in those 14 years is a good thing for sure but Indiana has been pretty average during this era.
    EXACTLY what I am trying to say. Lol
    This is not the program that it once was.
    They're average and will be again next year.

James D

EXACTLY what I am trying to say. Lol
    This is not the program that it once was.
    They're average and will be again next year.
    Tham what you fail to realize is Indiana is one of five or seven programs that ALWAYS has the potential to get recruits just because they are Indiana. Look at North Carolina another of the pillars on the NCAA in 2002 they went 8-20 and 4-12 in ACC. They were a joke. Three years later they won a national title at 33-4, four years after that another national title going 34-4. So two national titles in the seven years after going 8-20. That's how fast the super programs can bounce back. Teams like minnesota and virtually every other program have a completely different reality then the handful of schools with the status of Indiana.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Wouldn't expect anything less from coach p

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Agree he is good...but the team is solid all around and they play some good ball...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Times change GT and IND are NOT what they used to be....Personally I like the change

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I understand the title argument.
    not arguing that.
    Just don't think Indiana or Georgetown would be a school that he would leave minnesota for.
    Ultimately, maybe not but someone will open their wallets for him. All he needs to do is keep Minny relevant until whatever position he wants, opens up. He'd be an idiot not to jump to IU over Minnesota if it ever happened. I got odds on him leaving after next year if he gets the Gophers to the NCAAS.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy making a name for himself
    He will get a big time job but is not ready

A couple more years

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

guy couldnt get his team to the big tourney and people talking about him getting to a "big time" school ... he is a quality up and comer, but lets see him take a team to a few sweet 16s or something before continuing this discussion...there are plenty more qualified and more experienced guys, at smaller schools, that are better

indiana a lateral move from minny .. my god, some kids here have no business making a post .. but please dont stop, its comedy relief

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    guy couldnt get his team to the big tourney and people talking about him getting to a "big time" school ... he is a quality up and comer, but lets see him take a team to a few sweet 16s or something before continuing this discussion...there are plenty more qualified and more experienced guys, at smaller schools, that are better

indiana a lateral move from minny .. my god, some kids here have no business making a post .. but please dont stop, its comedy relief
    Shut up titty licker. You obviously didnt read anything else I said.

Lame bitch

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Pitino will stay at Minnesota for a while and build it up.

He has a great relationship with the AD and the Gophers are working on building a state of the art practice facility.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Indiana is not firing Tom Crean so why all the fuss?

Georgetown is not firing J Thompson III so why the anger?

Pitino's kid had a good year at FIU and a pretty nice year at Minny

the real test comes the next two years, can he take this to the next level?

we'll see

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Minny missing the tourney shouldn't be held against him,as the 68 best teams do not make it. A la cal poly who were 14-18 or something like that.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Shut up titty licker. You obviously didnt read anything else I said.

Lame bitch
    i would die of laughter if i read all the stupid shit you post, kiddo... keep up the good work

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Indiana is not firing Tom Crean so why all the fuss?

Georgetown is not firing J Thompson III so why the anger?

Pitino's kid had a good year at FIU and a pretty nice year at Minny

the real test comes the next two years, can he take this to the next level?

we'll see
    Crean is on the hot seat. That's not been a secret at all this year. Guys are fleeing the program via transfer. Not exactly top talent, but it shows a problem at the program that all points back to the head coach. Programs like Indiana expect to be winners every year. Crean took three seasons to get the program into the NCAAs. Looked like he had them moving right and then they shit the bed last season. They have to have a big season next year or he's in trouble. His creuiting hasn't exactly been top notch either. He has had trouble filling all the roles on the team, making his work as an on-court coach harder. With the success of the Louisvilles and Kentuckys every year, you can damn well bet that IU will make changes if they are mired i mediocrity again.

TheWitness
    TheWitness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

this guy is the man

First 12