Raptors -1 -200
    Blazers -3 -200
    Mavs +6 -200
    Knicks/lakers over 212.5 -200
    Belmont +10.5 -220

Any thoughts? Thanks

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing heavy chalk parlays are terrible ideas. They give you a false sense of confidence while simultaneously being terrible investments. Books make a living off these.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Why would you add a 50k ML, that adds nothing to your payout.

pick4player
    pick4player's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

trying to take risk down and hit one i like these against the spread but thought i get some protection and buy points.. thanks for your input guys... im trying to hit 1 or 2 to put the winnings on ucla or michaign thanks again

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Playing heavy chalk parlays are terrible ideas. They give you a false sense of confidence while simultaneously being terrible investments. Books make a living off these.
    he is only spending $5 per play so atleast he is showing good money management.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

UConn beaver ball ML looks good!

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    he is only spending $5 per play so atleast he is showing good money management.
    Guy has 15 bucks and is trying to "win enough" to put it all on a tourney game by making 3 separate heavy chalk parlays all with essentially the same plays. Nothing about this is good money management.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Let's all argue over how this guy spends his $15.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

that Uconn game got you an extra 1/1000 of a cent #smart

pick4player

wow no need to bash me i just asked if the plays looked good enough to win . i like to hit a play then use that to bet another game . this is not my last 15 bucks . sorry i bet small and im not betting alot.. i didnt know sbr was for heavy betters only

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Why are we all picking on this guy. He clearly hasn't been doing this long and is trying to learn and take it seriously. He asked the board for advice and everyone is just making wise ass comments.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by pick4player View Post
    wow no need to bash me i just asked if the plays looked good enough to win . i like to hit a play then use that to bet another game . this is not my last 15 bucks . sorry i bet small and im not betting alot.. i didnt know sbr was for heavy betters only
    Agreed. Yes, the plays look good enough to win. It's a matter of personal opinion. I think your weakest legs are Kings +1.5 and Blazers. But I suck at NHL and NBA and rarely bet it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Guy has 15 bucks and is trying to "win enough" to put it all on a tourney game by making 3 separate heavy chalk parlays all with essentially the same plays. Nothing about this is good money management.
    okay maybe loss prevention is a better term.

to me if i have a gambling day where i only lose $15 bucks i am not losing sleep over it.

DrStale

Bottom line it's poor strategy. You're better off putting the 15 (whether it's your last or not) on one solid play than you are messing around with parlays like this. Could you still win one or more of these? Of course, but in the long run it's simply going to make you less money than straight bets would. BOL.

pick4player

thanks guys ..yes im kinda new to betting on sports the right way im more of a horse and poker player . i want to try to build up a nice bankroll . dont really know correct ways to bet sorry

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I wouldn't touch Portland after they blew their wad @ Miami last night. Belmont looks like the right side but after the road teams shit the bed last night in the NIT & CBI I wouldn't touch them. GL

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Bottom line it's poor strategy. You're better off putting the 15 (whether it's your last or not) on one solid play than you are messing around with parlays like this. Could you still win one or more of these? Of course, but in the long run it's simply going to make you less money than straight bets would. BOL.
    This.

pick4player

thanks for info i guess just straight bets are a way to go for now on .. i thought parlaying favs with points or teasing a few together would be a good bet .. guess i have a lot to learn

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

thanks for info i guess just straight bets are a way to go for now on .. i thought parlaying favs with points or teasing a few together would be a good bet .. guess i have a lot to learn
    Yea we all have a similar way of thinking when we first try our hand. Word of advice: Anything you think of that seems like an easier way to win isn't. Everyone thinks of parlaying favs, betting +1.5 and fav moneyline, etc. Just pick your spots find what you are comfortable with and try to hit 53%. You will be cold, you will be hot but try to learn as much as you can. There is a lot to learn on this forum when we are not being douchebags.