ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

"Year of the Freshman."

"Best talent in year's".

4 of the 6 ESPN freshman focus guys didn't even make the sweet 16.

Parker
    Ennis
    Wiggins
    Embid

Only Randle and Gordon remain.

Of Draft Express mock draft top 10, 8 are gone. To include Marcus Smart, Dougie McBuckets and Noah Vonleh. Those same kids are all that remain.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Randle is a Zach Randolph type, that spin move he had in the wichita st game was just nasty. spun then went toward the front of the rim got bumped in air and tossed it back up with his right hand for the 3 pt play.

Ennis is nothing special to me. Embid reminds me of that kid that sat out all this season in NBA, but he's bigger.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Randle is a Zach Randolph type, that spin move he had in the wichita st game was just nasty. spun then went toward the front of the rim got bumped in air and tossed it back up with his right hand for the 3 pt play.

Ennis is nothing special to me. Embid reminds me of that kid that sat out all this season in NBA, but he's bigger.
    I was huge on Randle for the majority of the season. His peripherals seriously make me question his ability to succeed at the next level. I think calling him anything close to Z-Bo is probably a slight at Z-Bo.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

ennis is the best of them all, hes tony parker

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    No lol

Another brick layer.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He's not built for the NBA right now. Could be a Jason Kidd type PG but he's not there yet, needs to get in much better shape and hone his skills.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

There are some other interesting freshman left besides Randle and Gordon. They may not be sure fire NBA but real good college players. You have a Michigan guard Derrick Walton Jr., Nigel Hayes a 6'7" 250LB forward for Wisky, Rondae Hollis Jefferson filling in nicely for Ashley, UCLA has a pair of nice guards Bryce Alford and Zach Levine and UCONN has Amida Brimah a 7 footer who could dominate by the time he is a junior. Not too bad!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

ennis had a very good freshman year but he doesn't have any sort of jaw dropping ability so i dont see it

if i had the #1 id take embiid if he passes through all of the health tests and looks like he wont be injured all the time....he's got solid skills for a guy who hasnt been playing long and is mobile like a KG type (obviously not as talented...just talking mobility)...seems like he's got heart so effort wont be in question

id also said that wiggins will be a better pro than college player a la westbrook or eric gordon but only if he grows a pair

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    ennis had a very good freshman year but he doesn't have any sort of jaw dropping ability so i dont see it

if i had the #1 id take embiid if he passes through all of the health tests and looks like he wont be injured all the time....he's got solid skills for a guy who hasnt been playing long and is mobile like a KG type (obviously not as talented...just talking mobility)...seems like he's got heart so effort wont be in question

id also said that wiggins will be a better pro than college player a la westbrook or eric gordon but only if he grows a pair

If Embiid could knock down a jumper he'd be very similar to KG...I don't recall if KG had the jumper his whole career or just developed it when he was flying around the rim.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post

Omg I remember watching that game and when he hit that spin move...drove right, then spun left, my jaw dropped and I was just like wow. Thats exactly when I felt uneasy about my Wichita State wager. As a former player, and I work with athletes, I was amazed by that simple, yet amazing move.

Cuse0323

Wiggins is built for the NBA, would be hard to pass him up if it were me but big men don't come along often like Embiid either. Wiggins is gonna flourish on offense with the NBA spacing.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    He's not built for the NBA right now. Could be a Jason Kidd type PG but he's not there yet, needs to get in much better shape and hone his skills.
    hes a freshman and has the highest basketball iq in league ,in a few years he will be parkers clone

Cuse0323

hes a freshman and has the highest basketball iq in league ,in a few years he will be parkers clone
    Has the potential for sure...right now he plays too passive and slow at times, not wanting to make mistakes when he may have an opening for a pass or drive. Can't pound the rock for 15 seconds in the NBA. Needs another year in college and not from my selfish standpoint as a Cuse fan but for him. Though I guess you can develop in the NBA making millions while you do, don't blame him in whatever he decides but his body ain't ready is the key.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    There are some other interesting freshman left besides Randle and Gordon. They may not be sure fire NBA but real good college players. You have a Michigan guard Derrick Walton Jr., Nigel Hayes a 6'7" 250LB forward for Wisky, Rondae Hollis Jefferson filling in nicely for Ashley, UCLA has a pair of nice guards Bryce Alford and Zach Levine and UCONN has Amida Brimah a 7 footer who could dominate by the time he is a junior. Not too bad!
    Hayes is nice.... Every one of the freshmen would benefit greatly playing another year of college basketball.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Hayes is nice.... Every one of the freshmen would benefit greatly playing another year of college basketball.
    this is highly overrated

if a guey can get any sort of consistent minutes in the nba then they absolutely wont benefit by staying in college

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Rondae Jefferson is a stud. Already has 1st round guarantees from multiple teams in the later part of the draft. His people keep saying is coming back to be in the lottery next year, but we'll see. He's a jump shot away to being a lottery pick this year, and it has wildly improved in the short time he's been on campus.

Of the rest you mentioned, Lavine is a good player, but as you mentioned his next level success isn't as clear.

meader99

this is highly overrated

if a guey can get any sort of consistent minutes in the nba then they absolutely wont benefit by staying in college
    Some of the biggest growth and development of a player comes between Freshman and Sophomore years in college.

ChalkyDog

Some of the biggest growth and development of a player comes between Freshman and Sophomore years in college.
    100% true.

Still, if you are projected a top 10 pick, you have to leave. That's the rule.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

None dominated this year

Most were not even the best player on their teams'

overhyped

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I'm not telling you that some of these guys are 100% ready after their freshman year and I'm not telling you that MOST guys will play a lot of minutes in the nba as rookies after coming out as freshmen

But for the guys who do come out and will get minutes then playing another year of college doesn't come close to playing in the league. All of the gueys in the op will get good minutes barring something unforeseen.

And believe me I'm no huge NBA fan.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It seems Wiggins has most potential

A lot of nba scouts say Parker peaked and does not have a ton of upside

That monster from KU has a shot

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It seems Wiggins has most potential

A lot of nba scouts say Parker peaked and does not have a ton of upside

That monster from KU has a shot
    They're all really good. Everyone you mentioned and a few you haven't would be number 1 or 2 overall in a lot of past drafts.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

They are all really good. Wiggins was a beast this year, can't judge him on one game. He got no help from that KU team while Embid was out.

Parker is legit, they asked him to do a lot his freshman year on a pretty weak Duke team.

Never really thought of Ennis as one of the big time freshman guys, so no opinion on him. Does he even have that much of an NBA future?

Embid will be a beast.....if he can stay healthy. 7 footer who is already having injury woes at only 18/19 years old, I'd be careful.

meader99

I'm not telling you that some of these guys are 100% ready after their freshman year and I'm not telling you that MOST guys will play a lot of minutes in the nba as rookies after coming out as freshmen

But for the guys who do come out and will get minutes then playing another year of college doesn't come close to playing in the league. All of the gueys in the op will get good minutes barring something unforeseen.

And believe me I'm no huge NBA fan.
    Some of these guys hit the wall in one year of college ball playing half the number of games they will at the next level. Certainly another year of college would better prepare them for the rigors of a NBA season along with improving their own personal weaknesses.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Some of these guys hit the wall in one year of college ball playing half the number of games they will at the next level. Certainly another year of college would better prepare them for the rigors of a NBA season along with improving their own personal weaknesses.
    Which is precisely why they are better off ditching the charades of being a student athlete and limited coaching and practice time

Rookies have hit the wall long before gueys were going outta high school or one and done. I'd say that demonstrates that's more of a factor of the limited workout and playing schedules than their physical development

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Zach LaVine my man. He plays somewhat good and UCLA can win this whole thing.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Nba is easier than college, might as well leave before you are exposed more.

Then you can go play some junk basketball and hit 40% and people will call you a superstar.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Then you can go play some junk basketball and hit 40% and people will call you a superstar.
    That's the major problem with the NBA. These kids aren't ready and many lack fundamentals that could be accrued at the college level. Because of this you get a watered down league.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

i love these moronic statements

nba league effective fg% for the 2013-2014 season is .02% from being the highest of all time

classic k13 right here