gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Why is the over so small? why are the bookies saying its going to be so low scoring?

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Who cares who the public is on Vegas doesn't need certain teams to cover they've already made a shit ton of money this tournament in the first 2 days, these guys that just fade the public are simply retarded.

i will be followign whatever pick you post. got on your harvard one but we lost with the new mexico one. lets go.
    ha ur a fckin laugh and a half pubic fading only might be retarded but blindly tailing someone on sbr forumis real sharp, more like brain dead

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by gopolks View Post
    Why is the over so small? why are the bookies saying its going to be so low scoring?
    Why do you think.

jtoler

When Pitt loses its usually close, 2 losses by more than 5 pts. Think they match up with Florida very well, both are similar in alot of ways, both play slow for the most part, Florida shoots better and if Pitt doesnt get most of their shots from within 10 feet today then theyll more than likely lose. Can really only count on Patterson as a scoring option, Florida has an assortment. Dont understand especially this year the more talented teams arnt running like they should, Arizona, Florida, teams stacked with talent should be running every chance they get, theyd beat teams by 30 often, yet they slow it down and thats why teams hang around, especially Arizona, and have so many close games and lose when if they ran they wouldnt. Pitt and 5 pts sounds decent on paper but I dont trust them.

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    When Pitt loses its usually close, 2 losses by more than 5 pts. Think they match up with Florida very well, both are similar in alot of ways, both play slow for the most part, Florida shoots better and if Pitt doesnt get most of their shots from within 10 feet today then theyll more than likely lose. Can really only count on Patterson as a scoring option, Florida has an assortment. Dont understand especially this year the more talented teams arnt running like they should, Arizona, Florida, teams stacked with talent should be running every chance they get, theyd beat teams by 30 often, yet they slow it down and thats why teams hang around, especially Arizona, and have so many close games and lose when if they ran they wouldnt. Pitt and 5 pts sounds decent on paper but I dont trust them.
    Nice write up I'm in AK so most pitt or Florida games are way to early for me to really get into I mostly watch PAC 12 MW or WCC games but doesn't pitt guard the paint well if so it could be very close or even an upset Florida barley covered tenn and IMO pitt is quite a bit better than tenn

gopolks

Why do you think.
    I have no idea, thats why I asked, the NewZealand tab thinks there will only be 123 points scored? seems low to be in this round.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by gopolks View Post
    I have no idea, thats why I asked, the NewZealand tab thinks there will only be 123 points scored? seems low to be in this round.
    Its because both play at a slow pace and both are good defensively. Both can also have droughts where they dont score for minutes at a time. That usually makes for a low scoring game.

gopolks

Its because both play at a slow pace and both are good defensively. Both can also have droughts where they dont score for minutes at a time. That usually makes for a low scoring game.
    makes perfect sense.

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

the only problem with these tournament games is, if it's a 5-8 pt game with 2 minutes... that leads to 10-20 ft attempts...

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    the only problem with these tournament games is, if it's a 5-8 pt game with 2 minutes... that leads to 10-20 ft attempts...
    Good point

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    Good point
    thanks, i see a game like 72-63 florida or something like that, even if this game is a 1 point game until the final 5 minutes - florida just keeps everyone really close for some reason or another

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Anyone see pitt almost blow that lead against UNC at the end of the game in the conference tourney? They struggled getting the ball across against the press. I expect Florida to do the same here. Could get ugly.

Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    Ummm... what game? Kansas/EKU they let the clock expire down 11 with 20seconds left. Kansas St. let the clock expire down 7... Oddly nobody is using the Foul method full out this year. kind of frustrating! hopefully in the second round its different.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Good post.

This is not your typical Florida team. Typically they are guard heavy and rely on their fullcourt press and 3 pt shooting. This team has much more size than previous squads except for the back to back championship teams.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

I can't wait for the gators to just gape these imposters from Pitt.

Skin24
    Skin24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    What does gape mean? LOL

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Pitt hasn't dealt with too much full court pressure this year.

Robinson has a very good handle as a PG, but he's not very quick.

Wright can be explosive, but he can be erratic

the other gaurds coming off the bench would be Chris Jones and Josh Newkirk... and they are both freshmen.

tough to handle the pressure on that big stage as a frosh

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Skin24 View Post
    What does gape mean? LOL
    it has something to do with your anus. use your imagination...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Zambia and Patterson can win this for Pitt.

Patterson has tended to choke in big games, this is his chance for redemption

t-wizzle

I went with Pitt +5.5

jtoler

I played UF at -4.5.

t-wizzle

I played UF at -4.5.
    5 pt win???

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    5 pt win???
    Or more hopefully.

t-wizzle

Or more hopefully.
    No.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Wizzle, I took Florida -5. Should I hedge my bet with Pit 2nd half and if so why

Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

word.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Wizzle, I took Florida -5. Should I hedge my bet with Pit 2nd half and if so why

Sorry didn't see this. Hope you didn't do it. Pitt was so stupid, they wanted until the end of the shotclock every possession and got the worst looks.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

It was only fitting that Pitt ended the year on a loss like this. The old Pitt team from a month ago showed up today.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Anyone see pitt almost blow that lead against UNC at the end of the game in the conference tourney? They struggled getting the ball across against the press. I expect Florida to do the same here. Could get ugly.
    that's pretty well how this game worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Spot on as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

Sorry didn't see this. Hope you didn't do it. Pitt was so stupid, they wanted until the end of the shotclock every possession and got the worst looks.

That's exactly what Pitt did. Why? I don't know but you're gonna get this back on the Louisville game, right? What do we have?

First 12