jonnyr1986
    jonnyr1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

SportingBet Complaint Help

Hello,

I am new here and after some advice off people.
    Basically a long story short, i have developed somewhat of a gambling problem recently and are gambling excessivley.

I had a Sportingbet account which i used regulary. Once i realised i had developed these problems though i "self excluded" from the site for a period of 12 months. I did this with every bookmaker i had an account with.

Everything was going fine and i wasnt gambling much until i found myself bored on a sunday afternoon and wanted a bet on the football.

Knowing i had no accounts to bet on, i decided to "try" and open a new account with sportingbet using a different email and username but the rest of the info was exactly the same (address, date of birth etc)
    I didnt actually expect it to work, but much ti my surprise they let me open a new account. I started off and deposited £20 (on the same card as previous account was with)
    Things very quickly escalated and in total in 24 hours i had deposited and lost over £850!

Now before anyone starts, i know it was ME who opened this new account and i shouldnt have. But as any gambler with a problem knows, once you get that itch its hard not to scratch...

Im 99% sure, had i of won with any of these deposits, they would not have paid me and realised this was a duplicate account.

I have a problem and i know it, hence why i took the action and self excluded. Now under the responsible gambling act, a company CANNOT let you re-join their company during this exclusion, and even after the exclusion, verification is required to prove that you no longer have a problem.

They have exploited my problem and cost me money i cannot afford to lose.

Please dont come on here and give me loads of grief as i am well aware I HAVE A PROBLEM.

I want to know where i stand. I have filed a complaint and Sportingbet have promised to come back to me by yesterday! surprise surprise they are ignoring me now.

Any adivse would be appreciated.

Many thanks

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

my advice is get help. there is software that will block any type of gambling site from your computer. you lost the money man up and forget it. all you are doing is trying to free roll the book. do yourself a favor and get some help

jonnyr1986

Briliant...... thanks so much

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

this is a gambling site and not a fukking gambling anonymous meeting

GTFO and get some help
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darkhat

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This right here is why I don't think you have a case amongst several other reasons:
    "I have a problem and i know it, hence why i took the action and self excluded. Now under the responsible gambling act, a company CANNOT let you re-join their company during this exclusion, and even after the exclusion, verification is required to prove that you no longer have a problem."

You deliberately changed your details in order to create an account. Under their terms and conditions by registering that account you acknowledged that the info you provided them with is true. How did you expect them to verify you no longer have a problem and should no longer be excluded when you deliberately took steps to mask your identity? They couldn't exploit you when they didn't even know who they were dealing with thanks to you. If you'd called them up and gave them your real details and they just immediately re-opened your account then yeah, I'd say you might have a case but that's not what happened.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Youre an idiot.

jonnyr1986

The irony! haha

* You're

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyr1986 View Post
    The irony! haha

* You're
    I put youre.

Just dont have time for the ' when typing on a thread with this level of stupidity.

You want paid back cause you:
    1) are an addict who lied about information to make an account
    2) suck at betting
    3) are broke

shari91

From the UK Gambling Commission:

"What if I have been allowed to gamble again after I have been self-excluded?"

"If you have not already done so, we suggest you raise a formal complaint with the operator about the breach of your self-exclusion. This may help the operator to identify any areas where their policies may need reviewing and take any necessary action. You may be able to find a head office address for the operator to make a complaint in writing by using our public register so that you do not have to re-enter the gambling premises."

So the ever helpful UK GC is telling you to contact the book and let them know how you snuck in so they can review their policies and try to prevent it next time. I mean, that's basically all that's going to come of this as you're the one who dodged your info to get back in. There are no 'fraud contingencies' to support you. So I guess if you want to be benevolent tell them what you did to get another account. If not, move on and try to stay away from books and forums. Good luck with it all!

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

he only changed his username and email.
    the fact his name, address and deposit method was the same - still leaves him with a case imo.
    Sportingbet should at least check the name!!

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    he only changed his username and email.
    the fact his name, address and deposit method was the same - still leaves him with a case imo.
    Sportingbet should at least check the name!!
    What book do you play at that asks you to verify your info after a deposit? It's after a withdrawal request. If they thoroughly investigated everyone who deposited $20 and lost it never to be seen again then the books would need to hire x amount more staff. Most deposit once and disappear. This isn't one of my favourite books so go to town on them for all I care... I'm just saying this guy e-signed a contract that his info was true and yet wants a company to be held responsible for it. There's a reason the Gambling Commission says sorry but not sorry. They're not helping you. You find a way to get in, you own it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kid you took a shot at them

Are you a bonus whore??

very clever way to run a scam

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What book do you play at that asks you to verify your info after a deposit? It's after a withdrawal request. If they thoroughly investigated everyone who deposited $20 and lost it never to be seen again then the books would need to hire x amount more staff. Most deposit once and disappear. This isn't one of my favourite books so go to town on them for all I care... I'm just saying this guy e-signed a contract that his info was true and yet wants a company to be held responsible for it. There's a reason the Gambling Commission says sorry but not sorry. They're not helping you. You find a way to get in, you own it.
    this is not true Shari...if you want to deposit with CC with 5Dimes for example, they'll walk you through a verification process (DL#, SSN and so on)...it doesn't take long, but you still have to confirm your identity

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Im talking about people who have specifically asked to be banned.
    What sort of self exclusion policiy is this, if you can simply change your email? whats the point of that?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    this is not true Shari...if you want to deposit with CC with 5Dimes for example, they'll walk you through a verification process (DL#, SSN and so on)...it doesn't take long, but you still have to confirm your identity
    rocket she sounds mean.
    rocket im staying away from her.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    rocket she sounds mean.
    rocket im staying away from her.
    goaler I'm trying to stay in my lane here as much as I possible can

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I'm trying to be careful as not to scare you as it seems I'm petrifying. RR - UK/Aus/Euro/Asian books you're verifying when you withdraw. He bet with a Euro book, that's what I'm talking about.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I'm trying to be careful as not to scare you as it seems I'm petrifying. RR - UK/Aus/Euro/Asian books you're verifying when you withdraw. He bet with a Euro book, that's what I'm talking about.
    gotcha

I like your work here Shari

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Aussie Books your account is closed regardless of a withdrawal if you do not verify within 30 days

Asia Books Initial identity verification will be processed, based on the details that you will key during the registration.
    Some places have the ability to verify you without sending in docs