Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Bruce Pearl hired by Auburn!

yes, he some baggage...but I think a lot of that was blown way out of proportion just because he lied about having Aaron Craft at a BBQ at his house!...IMO, the punishment didn't fit the crime and I think the NCAA wanted someone to make an example out of...The infractions that Pearl committed were no where as egregious as to what Kelvin Sampson, Eddie Sutton, and yes, John Calipari (god knows why he is still allowed to coach after burning so many bridges) did...I think this a great hire by the Tigers!...Pearl is one helluva recruiter and can coach the game...He's been a winner everywhere he's been...including taking mid-major Wisconsin-Milwaukee to the sweet 16 and the Tennessee Vols made six straight NCAA appearances under his watch...I love Pearl's passion, energy, and excitement!...He's one of the few analysts that I enjoy on TV....I sincerely hope that he has learned his lesson from his past mistakes and becomes another great success story....
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 03-18-14 at 04:21 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Da Manster!

So, do you think it was a good move, L-Kid?!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

manster what makes what pearl did despicable is what he did when he was an asst years ago and turned in a recorded call to the ncaa where deon thomas told him that illinois was paying him...costed illinois a year of no postseason

what kinda fukkin scum turns someone into the cops when theyre breakin the law themselves

In 2006, when asked in an interview about forgiving Pearl, Thomas said "it's hard to forgive a snake".
    and im glad deadspin decided to post this story to bury him today

http://deadspin.com/5784437/bruce-pe...843/+tcraggs22

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    manster what makes what pearl did despicable is what he did when he was an asst years ago and turned in a recorded call to the ncaa where deon thomas told him that illinois was paying him...costed illinois a year of no postseason

what kinda fukkin scum turns someone into the cops when theyre breakin the law themselves

and im glad deadspin decided to post this story to bury him today

http://deadspin.com/5784437/bruce-pe...843/+tcraggs22
    Drinker, that was a rotten thing to do but still this kind of shit goes on at every major university....it's a dog eat dog world and Pearl shouldn't have snitched...but that is not what got him in trouble...it was lying to the NCAA about having recruits over at his house...If he had told the truth, it would have been just a minor violation and Pearl would have still probably been coaching..the Reggie Bush incident and the shit that Pete Carroll did, the shit that Tressell did at Ohio St, Eddie Sutton at Kentucky, Joe Paterno and Sandusky at Penn ST, Cam Newton and Gene Chizik at Auburn, Notre Dame paying recruits and having hookers service them, cheating scandals and grade fixing at UNC and Florida ST, etc, etc!...this shit goes on everywhere!...truth be told, the hypocritical NCAA could put over half of division I-A schools on probation and most of them could easily get the death penalty for their infractions...but then we all know what would happen to all of those TV revenues and $$$$, right?!....

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

manster it didnt get him in trouble but it actually might have been worse....he effectively got blacklisted from D1 basketball for as much as 10 years that he was at southern indiana

theres no doubt he was capable of coaching at the D1 level while he was there but no one wanted to touch him because hes a fukkin self serving dirtbag

how many coaches go through that? tressel's been basically banned for a few years but id also say that if tressel was available to coach thered be a line a mile long of schools trying to hire him

Da Manster!

point well taken, Drinker and I understand completely what you are trying to say...Now, having said all that and getting back to the original point, is he a good hire for Auburn?...Everyone deserves a second chance and we both can agree that Pearl is a great coach and recruiter...He's won everywhere he's been...and I still love his passion, enthusiasm, and love for the game...Like I said, there's been coaches that have done a helluva lot worse than Pearl...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

for a program like auburn youre right....they have nothing to lose

he will make them better....and ill be rooting against them every chance i get

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

We ll see what happens, nothing t lose for both sides

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good move

good coach

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Tennessee needs to fire Cuonzo Martin and rehire Pearl.