jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watch Out For Nets In Playoffs

I thought this team was done 1st half of season, seem to be coming together

If Garnett and a few others can be healthy they could get to finals

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

They have a nasty roster. That's for sure.

AntGualdieri1
    AntGualdieri1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Bunch of clutch 3 point shooters on the defense that are big and able to play some d

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

gotta be able to avoid Miami till the Conference Championship

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

wow

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

too old, dont let the recent form fool you

people overreacting before season calling them one of the best teams because of additions

people overreacting calling them crap when they had a bad start to the season

people overreacting now saying they got a shot because of a good run

people have the mind of a goldfish, no ability to evaluate a situation, they just look at the last 5 minutes and form an opinion
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 03-12-14 at 10:48 PM.
    Points Awarded:

goduke gave SportsMushroom 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Old for sure but all the days off in playoffs will help a bunch if they do make a run

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Old for sure but all the days off in playoffs will help a bunch if they do make a run
    what days off?

they are gonna run out off breath 2 games into any series, there are young physical teams out there that are just gonna kill them, i can see them giving the heat a run for their money cause they too are kinda oldish, but when they face, pacer, ronto, wiz, bulls etc

they are done, best of seven series is a game of endurance, which is an area they are weak at, they need their bench to increase contribution, like spurs

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    what days off?

they are gonna run out off breath 2 games into any series, there are young physical teams out there that are just gonna kill them, i can see them giving the heat a run for their money cause they too are kinda oldish, but when they face, pacer, ronto, wiz, bulls etc

they are done, best of seven series is a game of endurance, which is an area they are weak at, they need their bench to increase contribution, like spurs
    Were you not watching 2 years ago when the Celtics were 1 game away from the finals (and were playing with an injured Ray Allen and no Avery Bradley)?

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Were you not watching 2 years ago when the Celtics were 1 game away from the finals (and were playing with an injured Ray Allen and no Avery Bradley)?
    well did they win or not?

if you read above, I said people over reacted when they called them a crap team, and they are over reacting now saying they have a chance for the title

obviously they have a chance, but I'd say thats one in a million

you cant compare celts to this team, this team has 2 integral members of the then celtics team, only now they are older, also the east looks a lot more crowded these days, from the looks of it, they'll have to face wiz/bulls/toronto, miami, indiana

maybe the nets are getting hot right now, but so are wiz, bulls and ronto, so those series are gonna go down to the wire and its gonna take a lot for them to qualify, then they are gonna have to face miami and indiana, they aint making it

if they end up playing 6-7 games in the first round they probably get swept by miami/indy second round, maybe win a game at home at most

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

watch for what? hip dysplasia?
    Points Awarded:

SportsMushroom gave Cuse0323 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    watch for what? hip dysplasia?
    gold is googling that right now to see what that even means

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Lot of age but the game slows down in the playoffs. In a weak East I think they can make some noise. 3-0 against Miami is impressive but I still think Heat take it in 6 when it matters.

Seto

well did they win or not?

if you read above, I said people over reacted when they called them a crap team, and they are over reacting now saying they have a chance for the title

obviously they have a chance, but I'd say thats one in a million

you cant compare celts to this team, this team has 2 integral members of the then celtics team, only now they are older, also the east looks a lot more crowded these days, from the looks of it, they'll have to face wiz/bulls/toronto, miami, indiana

maybe the nets are getting hot right now, but so are wiz, bulls and ronto, so those series are gonna go down to the wire and its gonna take a lot for them to qualify, then they are gonna have to face miami and indiana, they aint making it

if they end up playing 6-7 games in the first round they probably get swept by miami/indy second round, maybe win a game at home at most
    This team has Deron Williams and Joe Johnson and has a deep bench. Did the Celtics have a deep bench that year? They had NOTHING coming off the bench. They were playing guys like Greg Stiensma, Keyon Dooling, and Marquis Daniels.

I'm not saying they're my pick to win the East, but they have a better chance than one in 1 million.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    gold is googling that right now to see what that even means
    3rd shift gold might know. shit but 2nd shift posted it before clocking out. can't keep up this stuff

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

This team has Deron Williams and Joe Johnson and has a deep bench. Did the Celtics have a deep bench that year? They had NOTHING coming off the bench. They were playing guys like Greg Stiensma, Keyon Dooling, and Marquis Daniels.

I'm not saying they're my pick to win the East, but they have a better chance than one in 1 million.

Agree with Seto. Saying nets are in the conversation is not saying they are favorites. But even saying they are 1 in 100 is absurd. Look at the facts . You say the nets are too old but how are they fresher and infinitely better in the last 30 then the first 30? Look at them in the east matched up against the only two teams that legitimately scare anyone.

1. 3-0 vs the heat, all three games super close. Two were one point wins and the third was double OT

2. 0-4 vs pacers however first three were in 2013. Pacers ended 2013 25-5 and #1 in NBA . Nets finished 2013 10-21 and 29th in NBA. Nets are not the same team. The one game in 2014 Pacers at home won 96-95

3. In 2014 pacers are 22-12 the heat is 20-11 and the nets are 22-9. The nets have taken some time to gel but they have been stronger then the two consensus favorites in the east since January 1 2014.

Again not saying they are favorites but saying they have no chance is not accurate.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Isnt their allstar center brook lopez out for season and post season. ? Seems a hard hill to climb in the post season without him.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

It looked to me like the heat weren't going all out on defense. Heat did the same shit to the bulls past couple years where they would lose to the bulls through out the season games and the media would be hyping it up and then come playoffs..... Whole different story

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

It looked to me like the heat weren't going all out on defense. Heat did the same shit to the bulls past couple years where they would lose to the bulls throughout the season games and the media would be hyping it up and then come playoffs..... Whole different story

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Miami had an off night. Brooklyn got nothing.

SportsMushroom

those two names dont impress me at all, they are decent ball players, but they are not leading any team to any finals, I give 50% chance to nets to pass 1 round, 1% chance to get to conf. finals

their best case scenario is to fall to 7th seed, play miami first round when their legs will be fresh, try to eliminate them at full strength, then they'll have an easier opponent for second round, maybe if they get lucky and dispose of them quick to get as much rest as possible to face indiana, but even then...

Seto

those two names dont impress me at all, they are decent ball players, but they are not leading any team to any finals, I give 50% chance to nets to pass 1 round, 1% chance to get to conf. finals

their best case scenario is to fall to 7th seed, play miami first round when their legs will be fresh, try to eliminate them at full strength, then they'll have an easier opponent for second round, maybe if they get lucky and dispose of them quick to get as much rest as possible to face indiana, but even then...
    So you're not going to address the fact that this team is much deeper than that Boston team? A Boston team that made the Finals with baiscally 3 players including 2 "old" ones (Rondo, Pierce, KG) considering their injuries at SG and lack of depth?

D-Will and Johnson may not be leaders but that's the thing about this Nets team. They have some talented early 30's guys who are All Stars or at least former All Stars but have been branded as losers with veterans around them who can still ball a bit (ie Pierce) and have won. Add to that a deep bench. The only thing is Lopez missing but that's still a very good team in my mind. Not a favorite but a factor in the East, easily.

SportsMushroom

So you're not going to address the fact that this team is much deeper than that Boston team? A Boston team that made the Finals with baiscally 3 players including 2 "old" ones (Rondo, Pierce, KG) considering their injuries at SG and lack of depth?

D-Will and Johnson may not be leaders but that's the thing about this Nets team. They have some talented early 30's guys who are All Stars or at least former All Stars but have been branded as losers with veterans around them who can still ball a bit (ie Pierce) and have won. Add to that a deep bench. The only thing is Lopez missing but that's still a very good team in my mind. Not a favorite but a factor in the East, easily.

pierce, garnet, allen, rondo vs pierce, garnet, williams, johson

rest of the players on both teams are role players, its very subjective which team is really better

you are oversimplifying this, you are saying that nets are better than 2012 celtics so they can do what the celtics did or even one up them. you are forgetting though that the opposition is a lot tougher this year. celtics eliminated hawks and sixers to get to conference finals, with the way their competition is playing even first round will be tough to get through for nets, and there is a good chance they will have to eliminate miami just to get the chance to play in the conference finals

there is almost zero chance that they get through a young, athletic, all rounded team like the pacers, assuming they get the chance to face them

also celtics in 2012 had home court in first round, atm it doesnt seem that nets will get that homecourt, which increases their chances to be eliminated in round one

Seto

pierce, garnet, allen, rondo vs pierce, garnet, williams, johson

rest of the players on both teams are role players, its very subjective which team is really better

you are oversimplifying this, you are saying that nets are better than 2012 celtics so they can do what the celtics did or even one up them. you are forgetting though that the opposition is a lot tougher this year. celtics eliminated hawks and sixers to get to conference finals, with the way their competition is playing even first round will be tough to get through for nets, and there is a good chance they will have to eliminate miami just to get the chance to play in the conference finals

there is almost zero chance that they get through a young, athletic, all rounded team like the pacers, assuming they get the chance to face them

also celtics in 2012 had home court in first round, atm it doesnt seem that nets will get that homecourt, which increases their chances to be eliminated in round one
    The Celtics didn't have homecourt in round 1 that year against Atlanta. They did have it in round 2 however against Philly.

Competition should be tougher in round 2 but as far as round 1, I don't think they'll face anything tougher than that Atlanta team.

You can't discount the depth of this Nets team. You don't seem interested in discussing it and I think it's a big factor.

I'm not too sure who I'd have them beating and who I'd have them not beating and I'm not really interested in discussing matchups yet (still over 1 month before the real thing), but as far as I'm concerned they're in the conversation. If you disagree, fine, we're all entitled to an opinion.

SportsMushroom

The Celtics didn't have homecourt in round 1 that year against Atlanta. They did have it in round 2 however against Philly.

Competition should be tougher in round 2 but as far as round 1, I don't think they'll face anything tougher than that Atlanta team.

You can't discount the depth of this Nets team. You don't seem interested in discussing it and I think it's a big factor.

I'm not too sure who I'd have them beating and who I'd have them not beating and I'm not really interested in discussing matchups yet (still over 1 month before the real thing), but as far as I'm concerned they're in the conversation. If you disagree, fine, we're all entitled to an opinion.

i dont get were this depth thing is coming from, its very subjective whether a team has depth, the very people that were claiming cleveland had depth were the same people that later were claiming that lebron couldnt win cause he had no one. the very people that were claiming that miami would fail cause they had no depth are the same people claiming maimi are a team that cant loose because of its depth

look at spurs, they have their aging superstars, and whether they play or not they still crush it. I doubt he nets can do the same, so obviously they dont have the depth for a championship run

Seto

i dont get were this depth thing is coming from, its very subjective whether a team has depth, the very people that were claiming cleveland had depth were the same people that later were claiming that lebron couldnt win cause he had no one. the very people that were claiming that miami would fail cause they had no depth are the same people claiming maimi are a team that cant loose because of its depth

look at spurs, they have their aging superstars, and whether they play or not they still crush it. I doubt he nets can do the same, so obviously they dont have the depth for a championship run
    So you don't see any difference in depth between a team bringing Mickael Pietrus, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiensma, Keyon Dooling, and Marquis Daniels off the bench to a team bringing Andray Blatche, Andrei Kirilenko, Mirza Teletovic, Alan Anderson, Mason Plumlee and Marcus Thornton off the bench?

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Its difficult for older teams to make that run through the playoffs...which is why the Spurs and Nets will run out of gas the deeper they go...but the Nets rebound and can knock down shots...it is not a fluke they Beat Miami...once is a fluke, 3 times is a pattern...

jjgold

Good points men, The Heat look done. I think Lebron is burnt out also.

Dougie_Fre$h
    Dougie_Fre$h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good points men, The Heat look done. I think Lebron is burnt out also.
    LOL The Heat are done LOLL They were just steam rolling the best teams by 10+ a few weeks ago.

Dougie_Fre$h
    Dougie_Fre$h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

I agree with you about the Nets. The x-factor is Rookie Head coach Kidd, though. I don't think they go to the Finals with him as the coach.

jjgold

Darren Williams has really stepped it up

When this guy plays aggressive he still one of top players

It seems to me then nets are like a player away from winning it all

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Darren Williams has really stepped it up

When this guy plays aggressive he still one of top players

It seems to me then nets are like a player away from winning it all
    His name is Brook Lopez....

Such a shame that guy can't stay healthy.