BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

WOW. Phil Jackson is the new President of the Knicks....Will he coach?

Kind of a shocker because Phil pretty much said the last few years he has no interest in the Knicks because of all the damage Isaiah did to that team.

But I guess 12 MILLION A YEAR to run the team can kind of change your mind.

Here's a clip of Boomer on the radio talking about it-
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...o-oversee-team

The word is Jackson will have full run of the team and Dolan will no longer be involved in the team's decisions (Thank God).

I'm glad Woodson will be gone either way, was never a fan of his pussified coaching. The Knicks did not win last year because of him.
    He's been on Carmelo's nuts and basically just a puppet while having no control of the team.
    None of that JR SMith shit happens this year if Phil was around.
    Jackson will be canning him the second the Knicks are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention this year.

If you're going to try and turn a team around, having Phil Jackson running shit is definitely a good idea.

But the real question is who's going to be the next coach?
    And what's the odds it's Phil?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Am i the only one who thinks Phil won't succeed in NY?

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks Phil won't succeed in NY?
    The Knicks are an absolute mess. It will not be easy.
    Tell you one thing, don't be surprised if he lets Carmelo walk now during the summer.
    I'm pretty sure Phil isn't a fan or he would have already been in NY when they got him and begged him to come coach.
    I honestly love Carmelo but not sure if this guy is ever going to win anywhere unless they can somehow team him up with Kyrie or Rondo.
    I think Rondo would make Melo a much better ball player in terms of learning how to succeed.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

If he fix the knicks and they win a Chip....best job than winning 11 rings

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cant win without MJ or Kobe

game over

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cant win without MJ or Kobe

game over
    I guess you don't remember how he came one game from the finals without MJ

Skin24
    Skin24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only if LeBron and KD comes to New York!!!!

Its funny we never talk about centers on this forum I miss Shaq!!!!!

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Skin24 View Post
    Only if LeBron and KD comes to New York!!!!

Its funny we never talk about centers on this forum I miss Shaq!!!!!
    Yup. The days of the big men are about over.
    It's too bad, that's when basketball was fun to watch.
    Now it's just a bunch of circle-jerking monkeys shooting jumpers 95% of the game with no plays even being called.

jjgold

Of course if Lebron comes and then let go Anthony it could work

I do not think Anthony fits in with Phil's style of players

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

if melo really wants to do the right thing for the knicks he wont opt out this year. if he waits till next year the knicks can sign 2 top free agents then resign him and go over the cap to sign him just like d wade did for miami

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    if melo really wants to do the right thing for the knicks he wont opt out this year. if he waits till next year the knicks can sign 2 top free agents then resign him and go over the cap to sign him just like d wade did for miami
    I feel like Melo is gonna opt out and the Knicks are gonna say buh-bye.
    Phil is going to clean house for sure. I think the only guy you want to stay is Chandler, even though he's aging, he's still a great clubhouse guy and team leader.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way he coaches, he is 68 and when he was even talking to lakers he was not going to do road games. He has not much better a chance to turn this mess around then any other competent basketball guy. He deserves tons of credit, when he had the best team player and usually the best team he won an awful lot. Many times the best squad doesn't win and he had a great success rate. But this Knicks mess is a reality that is going to take years to fix. Only good news is his division is pretty weak and equally old.

jjgold

He did it for money and bored, who is he kidding??

He knows he cannot win there with Anthony

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

waste of money.

They need players.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    waste of money.

They need players.
    It will placate a portion of the fan base that they are trying something. Also it doesn't hurt them from a salary cap standpoint so it's really not a bad move. The Dolan clan is worth over 3.5 billion Jim alone is like 1.5 B they don't care about 12 million a year. You are 100% right they need players and they also need some contracts to expire but this move doesn't hinder either of those things. From a Knicks standpoint I don't hate the move at all, I just think the options for Knicks and Phil are severely limited

mac_514
    mac_514's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

i am very good friends with someone who works with james dolan (knicks owner) and he is said its almost certain the phil will coach next season

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Phil can coach for 1 season...while grooming someone else, handpicked by him...like say....i dunno........Steve Kerr..If Phil can handle Kobe Bryant for over a decade, he can handle Melo for a year provided he stays..Like Kobe, Melo is a bonafide shot jacker...isolation ball player....and the triangle is the only system that can effectively utilize that kind of skill set to make other players better.....Knicks will not win a damn thing..but they will be on the road to recovery...far sooner with Phil in charge than anyone else provided Dolan can keep his ignorant self out of Phil's face...

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

3 major NBA markets have fallen Lakers Knicks and Smeltics the NBA needs these markets to thrive.
    Jackson to the Knicks is the start....Im sure you will see LaBrown and Love on one of these teams next year

jjgold

Anthony is a proven selfish loser and makes ZERO players better

Nobody really wants to play with him

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Phil can coach for 1 season...while grooming someone else, handpicked by him...like say....i dunno........Steve Kerr..If Phil can handle Kobe Bryant for over a decade, he can handle Melo for a year provided he stays..Like Kobe, Melo is a bonafide shot jacker...isolation ball player....and the triangle is the only system that can effectively utilize that kind of skill set to make other players better.....Knicks will not win a damn thing..but they will be on the road to recovery...far sooner with Phil in charge than anyone else provided Dolan can keep his ignorant self out of Phil's face...

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Anthony is a proven selfish loser and makes ZERO players better

Nobody really wants to play with him
    That's not what I heard...

http://sports-kings.com/lebron-james...ce=zergnet.com
    If the New York Knicks can somehow miraculously create cap space, which I don’t know that they can do, LeBron James will entertain coming to New York. You know why? Because just like he wanted to go and play with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James now wants to go play with Carmelo Anthony.
    But I’m just telling you what the desire is, I’m not saying what is going to happen. These are all possibilities, but he does want to play with Carmelo if it is possible and if it’s ideal.
    Two nights after spurning the Knicks and Nets -- and the Cavaliers and Bulls -- to sign with the Miami Heat as a free agent, two-time NBA MVP LeBron James was back in New York on Saturday to attend Carmelo Anthony's wedding to Brooklyn native La La Vazquez.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/26/k...y-los-angeles/Kobe says he wouldn't mind playing with 'Melo

By Adam Zagoria, for NBA.com
    Posted Jan 26, 2014 3:54 PM - Updated Jan 26, 2014 4:24 PM

NEW YORK -- Less than 48 hours after Carmelo Anthony went off for a Madison Square Garden-record 62 points, the man whose record he broke arrived in town and indicated he wouldn't mind playing with Anthony after the Knicks star hits free agency this summer.

jjgold

Nobody wants to play with Melo

Thats all PR

MELO is a loser and a ball hog

TheChumba
    TheChumba's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fear not...as long as that donkey organization re-signs Carmelo they are guaranteed to fail. Not only that...they will be hamstrung with regard to the cap for the next 5 years. Then once they get out from under the stain that is Carmelo Anthony it will take them another 3-5 years to rebuild.

Basically, as long as they resign that tool they will be f*cked for the next decade. The beauty of it is that the TMZ of sports news (ESPN) will still have them as the co-lead (behind the Heat) every night so we will all be able to bask in the joy of watching them fail nightly for the next decade.

Phil Jackson, let alone anyone, will not be able to save them.