Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Reminds me of season when David Robinson was injured, and the Spurs got Duncan with the first pick. Lakers will mysteriously get the 1st pick ping pong ball.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    A pick? You're not gonna get anyone in the draft that's gonna take you to the next level. A healthy Bryant never misses the postseason. You can bet money on it. Look at his past teams he's made it with. Enough said. Lakers will not allow another season like this to happen (if their stars are healthy). That's not the Lakers culture, and the culture is not gonna change anytime soon.
    You know...I agree with you 100 percent...lol.....and not necessarily because The Gimp will will them with his MVP ability to the playoffs...but history has shown us...as we saw in 06...Lakers rarely miss playoffs twice in a row...i dun think the NBA wants that..Kobe's revenge will be a major story line next year...whether its by their play...Kobe's play or the REFS interference....I expect the Lakers to somehow get in the playoffs next year...where they will be bounced out in the 1st round....like they were in 06...

When history repeats itself does anyone notice? Kobe chases Shaq out of town in 04...they miss the playoffs the following season in 05...then get tossed out in the 1st round by Nash the next season in 06...Kobe chases Dwight out of town in 2013, misses playoffs the following season in 2014...then gets bounced out of the playoffs 1st round by the Rockets in 2015...LOL

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    are bryant and gasol good enuff to get to the playoffs at this stage in their careers?
    prolly, but u have no idea what kobe is able to do anymore
    kobes defense was awful before he blew out his achilles
    in d'antonis offense, he may blow out another body part playing at that high pace

bryant is already the highest paid player in the nba
    is gasol taking a paycut so they can bring in another star?
    what star is really going to sign to play with that aging team, that owner, and that coach?
    other than kobe, has any star taken a paycut to stay with the lakers?
    has any top tier free agent signed with LA and taken a paycut?

there is zero chance kobe wins another title with him making all that cash
    who is going to sign long term this off season without even knowing kobes health?
    they said they waiting unil 2015, but even then kobe will have 1 year left
    whos gonna sign, not knowing kobes future??
    Not only that...Kobe will then resign for one more year...after his current contract ends...dun be surprised if he asks for 15 million..Kobe will not retire until he gets that sixth...as he is chasing Jordan....only problem is...he might be chasing Lebron by then...lmaoooooo......What I am looking forward to is what happens after they sign Kevin Love...I fully expect Kobe to try and chase Love out of town....the way he did Shaq and Dwight....if Love is as soft as Gasol...he may very well stay...who knows...should be interesting...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    if kobe was healthy they would win the championship
    lakers will win it next year, this year just a little unlucky
    If money grew on trees...I'd be rich.....hahahaha

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Lakers giving up almost 140 on btb. Fk these losers.

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Why fire him and waste the money?

Don't they have to pay him off in the NBA even if he gets canned? So then they have to pay someone else to take his spot. They are not going to make the playoffs anyway.

I'd make him stay and put as much of the blame on him as I could. Just hang him out to dry.

Unless I'm wrong of course about having to pay him, but I think that's how the NBA is set up for players and coaches who suck.

First 12