manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

better off to sell the .5

it's like winning the loss

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    always buy that 1/2 pt. too many bad losses so now I won't let it happen.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

you should feel just as much a dumbass when you win by only .5pt

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you should feel just as much a dumbass when you win by only .5pt
    Agree.. I bitch and moan when I lose by a half and say the games are fixed. But I've also won quite a few by a half and just say it's payback. I'm just amazed that the final could be that close to the spread in a majority of the games. You think of all the missed free throws or turnovers and wonder how the hell they do it..

FistOfFreedom
    FistOfFreedom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 422

Quote Originally Posted by inZane View Post
    Agree.. I bitch and moan when I lose by a half and say the games are fixed. But I've also won quite a few by a half and just say it's payback. I'm just amazed that the final could be that close to the spread in a majority of the games. You think of all the missed free throws or turnovers and wonder how the hell they do it..
    They know the outcome, I don't know how, but they know it. And I'm dying to know how.

fataliz
    fataliz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9286

well if ur bet was 1/2 a point off, it means that you did not cap the game properly? something you had capped properly and are confident in, should be way past the spread/total.

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Quote Originally Posted by fataliz View Post
    well if ur bet was 1/2 a point off, it means that you did not cap the game properly? something you had capped properly and are confident in, should be way past the spread/total.
    How can you cap something "properly" when you get missed free throws down the stretch by an 86% shooter, or garbage time 3's by a team that sucks at them? All of a sudden your capping don't mean shit, and you're either paying or collecting. It's the luck of the draw, and it's how vegas keeps the lights on for ya. Granted you can do the research and put a little of the luck on your side, but it's a tough gig. That's why we're here, looking for an edge.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Cause we all know that's how it always works....we never make bets on slight "edges"..
    Quote Originally Posted by fataliz View Post

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Exactly we don't have a crystal ball.....yeah like everyone who capped the game wrong the the replacements threw up TD in the pack sea game lol
    Quote Originally Posted by inZane View Post
    How can you cap something "properly" when you get missed free throws down the stretch by an 86% shooter, or garbage time 3's by a team that sucks at them? All of a sudden your capping don't mean shit, and you're either paying or collecting. It's the luck of the draw, and it's how vegas keeps the lights on for ya. Granted you can do the research and put a little of the luck on your side, but it's a tough gig. That's why we're here, looking for an edge.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You spend 2 hrs capping games , you bet +9.5 and they lose by 10 on a dunk with 1 second left.
    you shoulda hit the left shift key when u placed the damn bet!

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

This is why betting is such a crapshoot. It's never been possible, and it never will be possible, to handicap all the things that go into these games. No one is any smarter, or dumber, just because they find themselves on one or the other of a game decided by half a point — especially in basketball. That doesn't make it any easier to get to sleep after a half-point loss, but that's just the way it is.

First 12