nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Huge Game on Hudson River today

Quinnipiac Bobcats travel to Poughkeepsie where they take on the lowly Marist Red Foxes. This line is a gift at Quinnipiac -1, with years of heartbreak and not one trip to the NCAA tournament, being points away, this Bobcats team coached by the legendary Tom Moore is focused on the conference tournament and wrapping up the 2 seed in their first year in the MAAC,and will beat up on these Red Foxes on their own home court, who are playing for virtually nothing. Take this one to the bank fellas, call the locals, max out your bets, and ask for balance increases. Before you question my credentials, I am a veteran and not a troll, if you go though my past I only make threads for spot plays.You can thank me later, though I may not be around for a while.

Quinnipiac Bobcats to the bank, cheers.
    Points Awarded:

no1here gave nyyanks773 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

agree

Ticket#:2421209
    Mar 02 02:00 PM
    Mar 02 09:41 AM CBB STRAIGHT BET
    [851] QUINNIPIAC -1-110
    500.00 / 454.55

IWANTMONEY
    IWANTMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quinnipiac’s Umar Shannon out for season

Quinnipiac’s worst fears were realized on Friday when the school announced that guard Umar Shannon will miss the rest of the season due to a knee injury.

Shannon was injured in Thursday night’s loss 72-70 loss to Siena. The graduate student, who transfered to Quinnipiac before the season will undergo knee surgery on Wednesday. The Bobcats begin play in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament next weekend.

Shannon was averaging 14.3 points, 2.3 assists and 2.0 rebounds per game after deciding to use his final year of eligibility at Quinnipiac. Shannon’s season had several highlights, but none bigger than his game-winning three to beat Niagara last weekend. He concludes his career with 1,307 points and 226 assists.

Head coach Tom Moore called it “very unfortunate” to see Shannon’s college career end with an injury.

Quinnipiac concludes the regular season on Sunday at Marist.

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Agreed, Quinnipiac is one of the best teams that no one is tlaking about at the moment. But this line simply does not make much sense. A 19-9 team who scors 80 points a game on average is ONLY laying 1 (or 1.5) points against a 11-18 team wit nothing to play for? That just seems strange to me.

This is by far the shortest spread that Quinn has laid on the road all season (as favorites) and they are doing it against what appears to be an inferior team. The loss of Umar Shannon also can't and shouldn't be understated. Shannon is a big part of this offense averaging over 14 points per game and has logged an average of 33 mins of playing time. He is a senior and veteran prescence on the floor. How the team adapts to playing with out him should be interesting. Much like how Colorado played after the loss of Spencer Dinwiddie.

This is also a revenge game for Marist after losing the first meeting on the road by only 5 points. The managed to put up 78 points on the road against this defense and the 83 that Quinn put up included 26 points poured in by Shannon who played 38 mins of that game.

There is simply too many things going on in this game to simply qualify it as a "gift". Line makers very rarely make mistakes and this number is telling...at least to me. I'm not saying that you are wrong, or that Quinnipiac doesn't necessarily cover. I just don't think it's as much of a "slam dunk" as you are making it seem to be. I'm laying off this game simply because it seems a bit "fishy" but if I had to pick a side, it'd probably be Marist and the points. Like I said though, best of luck with your wager.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy8199 View Post
    Agreed, Quinnipiac is one of the best teams that no one is tlaking about at the moment. But this line simply does not make much sense. A 19-9 team who scors 80 points a game on average is ONLY laying 1 (or 1.5) points against a 11-18 team wit nothing to play for? That just seems strange to me.

This is by far the shortest spread that Quinn has laid on the road all season (as favorites) and they are doing it against what appears to be an inferior team. The loss of Umar Shannon also can't and shouldn't be understated. Shannon is a big part of this offense averaging over 14 points per game and has logged an average of 33 mins of playing time. He is a senior and veteran prescence on the floor. How the team adapts to playing with out him should be interesting. Much like how Colorado played after the loss of Spencer Dinwiddie.

This is also a revenge game for Marist after losing the first meeting on the road by only 5 points. The managed to put up 78 points on the road against this defense and the 83 that Quinn put up included 26 points poured in by Shannon who played 38 mins of that game.

There is simply too many things going on in this game to simply qualify it as a "gift". Line makers very rarely make mistakes and this number is telling...at least to me. I'm not saying that you are wrong, or that Quinnipiac doesn't necessarily cover. I just don't think it's as much of a "slam dunk" as you are making it seem to be. I'm laying off this game simply because it seems a bit "fishy" but if I had to pick a side, it'd probably be Marist and the points. Like I said though, best of luck with your wager.

For the simple fact that their best player is out. But I think Quinnipiac rolls regardless.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pass

Small schools unpredictable

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

The only thing these teams are playing for is seeding. Qu will be a 2 seed with a win a 3 seed with a loss ( both have byes) and Marist will be anywhere between 6 and 8 seed. Qu and Tom Moore have had a chip on their shoulder being contenders for a league title the past four or more years. With that being said I think somebody steps up in replace of Shannon and Azotam does work in the paint. The team will be ready to go with or without Shannon and look to get the ball rolling for the MAAC tournament and hopefully make the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pass

Small schools unpredictable
    JJ I disagree.

Smalls schools are where the money is. More competitive.

whitewish
    whitewish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by nyyanks773 View Post
    Quinnipiac Bobcats travel to Poughkeepsie where they take on the lowly Marist Red Foxes. This line is a gift at Quinnipiac -1, with years of heartbreak and not one trip to the NCAA tournament, being points away, this Bobcats team coached by the legendary Tom Moore is focused on the conference tournament and wrapping up the 2 seed in their first year in the MAAC,and will beat up on these Red Foxes on their own home court, who are playing for virtually nothing. Take this one to the bank fellas, call the locals, max out your bets, and ask for balance increases. Before you question my credentials, I am a veteran and not a troll, if you go though my past I only make threads for spot plays.You can thank me later, though I may not be around for a while.

Quinnipiac Bobcats to the bank, cheers.
    The Bobcats were the best team in the conference with seven successive victories and Marist has nothing to play for at the moment, the confidence is not there, Bobcats getting over them will be very easy, regardless of Marist been at home.

I go with you and cheer to the bank.

redsox9985
    redsox9985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

anyone have a link to live stats or video? I can't seem to find an updated score since 62 46

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Good call phaget.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Not his fault Quin isn't trying

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Sorry brotha, losing sucks but the line said everything about this game...no such thing as "gifts"

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Surprised they got skull f'd like that though.