LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    i thought you were better than this, i was wrong... goodluck
    What exactly is your problem? Compare the NCAAB lines every day with the line average at prediction tracker, you will not see much of a difference. I don't use it much for that very reason, because the numbers are so close that it does not serve as much of a handicapping tool, but it is very good for forecasting future lines.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i dont have a problem....you are showing your ignorance and complete lack of understanding how lines are produced... again, good luck to you... hopefull, one of these days you will learn how to break out of the 50% range

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    i dont have a problem....you are showing your ignorance and complete lack of understanding how lines are produced... again, good luck to you... hopefull, one of these days you will learn how to break out of the 50% range
    This is not the good old days where books could add a lot of sentiment into their lines, nowadays there is more sharp money in the market than ever before and bad numbers usually get banged into shape. That is why there is hardly any difference between the actual lines and the average line among the best power ratings.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    nice to see with all the changes around here OP still remains one of least knowledgeable posters in the history of gambling forums.. lets see if i have this right, a team that was in the final 4 last year is the "weakest 1 seed in history", simply because their conf was incredibly bad this year??.. keep up the great work clown..

Who have they beaten to warrant a number 1 ranking in the NCAA tournament? A region with the Shockers as number 1 will have a strong number 2 team and the region is virtually up for grabs. Would be the most desirable region as 1's go in the tournament.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Teams need tune up's and some form of resistance(during the entire season) and this team has been untested. Too late to get tested; they'll go down without fail.
    Last edited by will2survive; 03-05-14 at 10:36 PM.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    It seems there are two different conversations going on, one being how far Wichita State will go and the other being what their lines will be. The first one is a matter of opinion, but as for the second one, their weak schedule this year is the very reason why they are ranked anywhere from 13th to 17th on the power ratings I have seen, what happened last year has no bearing on that (other than setting a baseline for the opening ratings way back when). Thus, they will certainly be underdogs to at least 10 lower seeds. Now some may see that as great value on the Shockers (raydog to name one), which is fine. But my main point is they WILL be dogs.
    I don't think the discussion was ever about what their lines will be. And for the discussion about how far they will go it seems many don't understand that to advance to FF its not like they have to face all of the higher "power rating" teams and it should not be a surprise if they knock off a #2 or #3 from that list which btw is a joke...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They are so well coached and have been a damn good program for years now....Just coming off a final four appearance as well where they proved they belonged

This team is a little different but can't see why they can't make a similar run

The weakest number 1 ever is a complete joke considering Gonzaga was much weaker just last season.....

They have a weak schedule but they literally did all they could, winning every one and most of them were blowouts......No one in the country could have possibly done any better so idk why it's a knock on them

The battle-tested thing is overblown IMO....

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I don't think the discussion was ever about what their lines will be. And for the discussion about how far they will go it seems many don't understand that to advance to FF its not like they have to face all of the higher "power rating" teams and it should not be a surprise if they knock off a #2 or #3 from that list which btw is a joke...
    Yeah I was the first one to say that they will be dogs to the 2 & 3 seeds, but then raydog vehemently disagreed and the conversation steered that way a bit. As for the list being a "joke", it is what it is, I didn't make it up. As mentioned, I am not a fan of some of those teams myself, and I especially don't get why Iowa is so highly regarded on so many ratings. But even Iowa's lines this season have reflected those ratings, overblown or not, so they are rarely far off.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    But even Iowa's lines this season have reflected those ratings, overblown or not, so they are rarely far off.
    I should clarify the ratings are rarely far off in terms of projecting the lines, not necessarily in picking the winners. Which is why it is not really a great capping tool.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Case fukkin closed!!! They play someone legit and they're done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

LOL at the clowns in here. They went to the final four and beat plenty of legit teams. They lost, it happens. Plenty of good teams lose to weaker teams in the tournament.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

where are you, haters??????????????????????/ Got nothing to say like I thought.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

They lost at the buzzer They are a great team.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Case fukkin closed!!! They play someone legit and they're done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will2survive I see this thread you bumped hasn't had a post in 2 1/2 weeks. Let me ask you a question and I hope you really answer it and don't take offense because none is intended.

If you liked the shockers to fold so quick vs a legit team why didn't you post something in the past few days when the match up came out saying we should fade shockers, points at least if not money line? If you really liked the play why not post it? Bumping a 3 week old thread to say " I told you guys" seems pointless.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Will2survive I see this thread you bumped hasn't had a post in 2 1/2 weeks. Let me ask you a question and I hope you really answer it and don't take offense because none is intended.

If you liked the shockers to fold so quick vs a legit team why didn't you post something in the past few days when the match up came out saying we should fade shockers, points at least if not money line? If you really liked the play why not post it? Bumping a 3 week old thread to say " I told you guys" seems pointless.

I'm the OP; I created this thread.I knew the Shockers were BS as a #1 seed.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I'm the OP; I created this thread.I knew the Shockers were BS as a #1 seed.
    I know, and they certainly didn't do enough to prove otherwise. Losing any game close or not to an 8 seed doesn't make you look like a 1 seed, that's for sure. This thread you bumped is from 3 weeks ago, I asked why you didn't post something in the last few days saying that you liked kentucky with the points or even on the money line. Pointing this thread out after the fact doesn't really help anyone.

First 123