crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

how about syracuse up 16 with 15 mins left.... outscored 49-16 the rest of the way and fail to cover +9.5.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Didn't even look at date
    I was looking at how the score went down, but noticed the name "Lenny Dykstra", and was like WTF? So I had to find out when that game was.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    I had pacers un 196.5. They scored 18 points in the last 45 seconds, with a tip in with one second left to hit 197
    I had the Bucks/Pacers Over 196. One of the most miraculous covers I have ever seen! That's a tough loss.

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Well I'll add another for tonight. Carmelo Anthony over 39.5 rebounds / points vs warriors. He has 39 with 4 minutes left -- only problem is Knicks are getting smoked so Woodson takes him out after Tyson got ejected. Ugh! 475$ swing if he makes one more bucket or grabs one more rebound

apomixis
    apomixis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 631

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I mean i grinded my way for a month, and then decided to really make a big step forward and Kentucky ****** me. A once in 20 yr event. What can you do? At that point i was frustrated and decided to go basically all in on Oregon. I dont have the patience to be a good gambler. I dont take losses well enough.
    This is the most common problem, mine too. After 4 years of this I'm down about 3 years of my salary, and it's not because I have no idea how to pick winners. So much of it is about what we do after a couple of losses, or after losing 4 out of 5. (Which happens a lot, given the mathematics of this stuff.)

Soccer in general is just terrible for bad beats and random occurrences. It's responsible for most of my losses, but I got hooked on it on Betfair...IMO no other sport will drive a person insane faster.
    Last edited by apomixis; 02-28-14 at 11:12 PM.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

1st half bet -2.5 and Clippers have the ball playing for the last shot up 3 points. Griffin makes a shot with 2 seconds left... Timberwolves throw up a prayer that's way off...but Player was fouled. Who fouls on a three quarter court shot? All three FTs made...

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

The Bucs/Colts Monday night game stands out, but this one hurt even worse because I lost a ton of money.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...24/duke_bc_ap/

I had Duke giving 12. They opened up a huge lead, and had the cover pretty much socked away. I can't find a play by play, but I remember several missed FT by Duke and turnovers in the last few minutes. BC hit 3 or 4 threes in that span with the final one coming right at the buzzer. The only time I nearly became physically ill due to a loss.

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Another one that comes to mind was an over 42.5 or something I had on the Saints/Jags game. 20-13 Jags, Saints score a TD as time is running down and John Carney misses the extra point...

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Another classic tonight: Charlotte +9 vs SAntone -- Bobcats led the entire 1st half and were tied with 1:40 to play. SA takes the lead and makes everything the rest of the way while Char score 2 pts in the last 3 minutes. Then the newly acquired Gary Neal commits a meaningless foul with 4 seconds left to push the margin to 10 points, by far the biggest Spur lead of the night. Unf'nbelievable!

Bawth
    Bawth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brucethebear View Post
    Under 8.5
    0-0 heading into the 14th.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...lb_1&mode=wrap

Ahahahhaha! Thanks for reminding me about this game. I had the Over

First 12