Jarman
    Jarman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Golden State only -2.0 against Detroit???

What do you guys think...does this seem like a trap?

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Of course it is...why else would GSW only be -2 favs over a hapless Pistons team? Question should be who has the "stones" to actually bet Detroit?

y2kr1000
    Y.T.D. 100-81 NBA
    y2kr1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

5th game in 7 nights for Detroit....

Grinder12000
    Grinder12000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good God people - you still talk about traps? LOL Urban legend dudes!

You do understand how good the linemakers are don't you and how they make money?

Sorry - pet peeve.

BTW - I'm all over Golden State LOL

Also - this looks like an OVER game - every trend says OVER
    Last edited by Grinder12000; 02-24-14 at 10:55 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Amazing "gamblers" still make make threads like this.

Grinder12000

I did not mean to flame Jarman. But I've been sports gambling for 45 years and traps are a legend and an excuse. If Detroit wins it proves it was a trap LOL

What I have found is that linemakers are REALLY good and know so much more then . . .non-linemakers. They make money by quantity, not quality.

All you, me and others can do is hope for a small edge. I have my own system on SBR and it's picking G.S.

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

I was watching espn last week and some analist said the syracuse game vs boston is a big "trap game" Well low and behold boston upset syracuse.. so gee maybe there is something to it

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Threw a unit on -2 before it moved to -3.

Grinder12000

Well, let me back off a little.

Define "trap"

So yea - it's a trap game for people who are clueless . . . . . but the linemakers are right.

The reason the line is -2.5 is Detroit is a very good home team so while most people think home court advantage is like 3 points (which over an entire year would be correct) in this case it's more like 7 or 8 because in the last 20 games Detroit has been a very good home team.

As for ESPN analysts - they have proven to not be the brightest and like most people believe what they want to believe without really knowing the facts. They were talking about a different kind of trap, not a linemaker trying to fool the public but more of a physiological player trap.

THAT kind of trap would be if Golden State had just finished two Division important Division games and is now playing a meaningless non-conference game and then back to a Division game. THAT would be a trap game for G.S.

If I was a contrainian without a system in play already I might take Detroit - but I have a 4 game Chase going and this is the "A" game! Being up 90 units I can't go against what is working.

And with that said "A" games are hitting 38% LOL If you are straight betting - TAKE DETROIT!!
    Last edited by Grinder12000; 02-24-14 at 12:35 PM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Surprised nobody has mentioned David Lee is OUT for Golden State. So Warriors will have to rely almost exclusively on their threes tonight.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned David Lee is OUT for Golden State. So Warriors will have to rely almost exclusively on their threes tonight.
    well this means the over will definitely cash. Jennings couldnt guard me no way he stops curry. Now ats wise, we all know what happens when a star is out in the nba.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    well this means the over will definitely cash. Jennings couldnt guard me no way he stops curry. Now ats wise, we all know what happens when a star is out in the nba.
    The thing is though Lee is unique for the Warriors as their only inside presence. I get guys rising up when stars are out, but who does Golden State have to help fill his void?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Pistons should win this game.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

is bogut out as well as david lee? if so, i'll pass.

Hench
    Hench's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

"Detroit are a good home team."

13-18 record at home.
    2-6 as home underdog ATS.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Draymond Green is a huge upgrade defensively over Lee

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    is bogut out as well as david lee? if so, i'll pass.
    Bogut questionable, he went through portions of today's shootaround after missing the last seven games.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I already bet GS as soon as the line opened at my book i grabbed the damn -2...and i be damned if i hedge it ill just take the damn L if GS blows it.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
    I was watching espn last week and some analist said the syracuse game vs boston is a big "trap game" Well low and behold boston upset syracuse.. so gee maybe there is something to it
    On the other hand NC played at FSU a few days before playing Duke at home, FSU therefore was a "trap game."
    NC wins by 6

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Gonna be at this game tonight even though Pistons will lose big. I hate their play against Charlotte when it meant alot and they had nothing against Dallas.

Reign Man
    Reign Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

no Lee or Bogut, hard to back them in this spot but I do like the over in this game

edit: nevermind Bogut is questionable and could play tonight so that at least gives them some size to match Drummond

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Gonna be at this game tonight even though Pistons will lose big. I hate their play against Charlotte when it meant alot and they had nothing against Dallas.
    what makes you think detroit would lose to gs without bogut and without lee? gs is a turnover prone team and those are a free 2 points almost everytime for a team like detroit. you have to think jennings motivation level is pretty high after sitting the majority of the last 2 fourth quarters. Drummond should abuse Jermaine Oneal on both ends and then you have draymond green having to guard a guy like Monroe in the post? Not gonna happen. Josh smith has been a mess this year I hate his overall game. But where are GS's points gonna come from in this game?

I don't see the warriors winning this game. Can you convince me otherwise? looking forward to your insihgt.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Detroit not that bad with singler starting now.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

all you need is a terrific pg and good complimentary players to win consistently in this league, and gs has the second best pg in the league.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Playing the OVER

bihon
    bihon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    Now ats wise, we all know what happens when a star is out in the nba.
    What exactly happens? Like Miami without LeBron yesterday where most screamed Bulls opportunity?
    I think it is a long lasting myth backed by the show media but without scientific or statistical backing.
    No single player could be more important than the rest of the well trained and tactically organized team.
    Sure, a key player is important, but mostly in the long run.
    This guy guy has nailed it: http://thesportspost.com/blogs/view/...the-nba-finals

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Detroit has some big wins at home this year versus very good teams the only reason I took him
    Best of luck SBR players

LT Profits

Bogut is active for tonight's game

Goat Milk

Boguts presence is big. another def presence and 6 fouls to use against detroit's front line. should be a good game.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

the real question here should be why is the warriors favs on the road and yet you question why their only -2.

Jago2014
    Jago2014's Avatar Become A Pro!

Warriors will win this game, and cover.

BILLY MEIER

Only billy meier can tell you who will win this game, i find it funny how people think they have a clue as to who will win this game . Been gambling on sports for 20 years , there is no science behind it

BILLY MEIER

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    the real question here should be why is the warriors favs on the road and yet you question why their only -2.
    Dude the line means jack shit, Brooklyn was only favored by 2 at the lakers last night, Yea looked to good to be true, but i had alot on the nets ..... I did not say gee why are they only favored by 2? nah man i dont bet like that

bihon
    bihon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
    Only billy meier can tell you who will win this game, i find it funny how people think they have a clue as to who will win this game . Been gambling on sports for 20 years , there is no science behind it
    GSW 107 - Pistons 99

BILLY MEIER

Quote Originally Posted by bihon View Post
    GSW 107 - Pistons 99
    Oh yea? then what year will the red meteor named " Apophis' slam into russia killing million of earth human?

12 Last