1. #36
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 6,734
    Betpoints: 628

    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    11 mins. 0 points. 2 Reb. 5 fouls.
    i will say this...i have no problem with him being gay, coming out, any of that. but it is kinda weird when i am watching sportscenter and a guy with this tatline has a little montage of highlights dedicated to him. with shit like "look at this screen that left _____ open for this three" and "check out this tip of a missed free throw," etc. at that point, it's just stupid.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/14/2017


  2. #37
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 6,734
    Betpoints: 628

    james may not be a homophobe! hahaha.....
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/14/2017


  3. #38
    frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-13
    Posts: 3,407
    Betpoints: 3782

    For every Matthew Shepard there are many Jesse Dirkhisings that nobody talks about. The stats that gays are more likely to commit violent crimes are well hidden from the folks in Amerikka.

  4. #39
    MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-12
    Posts: 1,574
    Betpoints: 219

    98??? When in doubt go with 69!

  5. #40
    Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-10
    Posts: 1,765
    Betpoints: 9513

    Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    LOL well said.
    Guy is the ultimate journeyman big body with limited skills. He has averages less then 50 points a year since 2007! I know the guy can defend but he isn't rodman in his prime for Christ sake. He is just a seven footer who is now 35 years old who averages less then 2 rebounds a game.

    First game today he played , got a standing ovation

    Played 4 minutes
    0 points
    1 rebound
    1 steal
    2 fouls committed
    Who cares???? Gay, straight, transsexual. What does it matter???

    The Nets need a big. Collins fits the role.

    Get OVER IT!!!!!!!!

  6. #41
    James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-13
    Posts: 2,049
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Let me weigh on this since the above rant is full of the BS that is being pushed by the Western mass media. Fact: most people in the world do not consider that being gay is a normal thing. I personally do not care as long it is not being pushed in my face. Fact: All countries considered buggery to be an illegal activity until about 30-40 years ago. Russia was not that far behind in legalizing it. Fact: gays have all the same rights as regular folks in Russia, except they are not allowed to engage in a pro-gay propaganda, e.g. gay parades, and they are not allowed to adopt children (and for a good reason too). Fact: had the same law been put to a vote in the States, with an open discussion prior to the vote and without constant mass media brainwashing, it would have passed with flying colors. And here is the funniest fact: the slimy Russian f.ck who owns the Nets is pretty much assumed be gay in Russia.

    Jason Collins has no business to be in the NBA, by the way.

    What I wrote is the BS of the western mass media? You have no clue what you are saying but keep making baseless statements and I will keep posting facts. First of all it's not the western mass media it's the American mass media.

    this is right off Wikipedia Russia page

    Homophobia in Russia: Public opinion in Russia tends to be among the most hostile toward homosexuality in the world—outside predominantly Muslim countries and some parts of Africa and Asia—and the level of intolerance has been rising.[16] A 2013 survey found that 74% of Russians said homosexuality should not be accepted by society (up from 60% in 2002), compared to 16% who said that homosexuality should be accepted by society.[17] In a 2007 survey, 68% of Russians said homosexuality is always wrong (54%) or almost always wrong (14%).[18] In a 2005 poll, 44% of Russians were in favor of making homosexual acts between consenting adults a criminal act;[19] at the same time, 43% of Russians supported a legal ban on discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[19] In 2013, 16% of Russians surveyed said that gay people should be isolated from society, 22% said they should be forced to undergo treatment, and 5% said homosexuals should be "liquidated".[20] In Russian psychiatry, Soviet mentality about homosexuality has endured into the present day.[21] For instance, in spite of the removal of homosexuality from the nomenclature of mental disorders, 62.5% of 450 surveyed psychiatrists in the Rostov Region view it as an illness, and up to three quarters view it as immoral behavior.[21] The psychiatrists sustain the ban on gay parades and the use of veiled schemes to lay off openly lesbian and gay persons from schools, child care centers, and other public institutions.[21]

    Now that your statements about Russia have been completely disproved I will give you the exact numbers on Europe in respect to homosexuality. So you don't look foolish a second time.


    the European Union is less then 50-50 when it comes to core issues in the gay agenda. 16/28 nations acknowledge gay relationships in some form and only 9/28 allow adoption.
    Central Europe
    8/11 nations recognize same sex relationships
    0/11 same sex marriage
    0/11 allow adoption by gays

    Eastern Europe
    0/6 recognize any of the issues, gay relationships, same sex marriage, allowing adoption

    Northern Europe
    6/10 recognize same sex relationships
    4/10 recognize same sex marriage
    4/10 allow adoption by gays

    Southern Europe
    3/18 recognize same sex relationships
    2/18 recognize same sex marriage
    3/18 allow gay adoption (2 more allow if gay person is single)

    Western Europe
    8/10 recognize same sex relationships
    4/10 recognize same sex marriage
    7/10 allow gays or adopt

    turkey and Kosovo partially recognized European states allow none of the three issues being discussed.

  7. #42
    James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-13
    Posts: 2,049
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i will say this...i have no problem with him being gay, coming out, any of that. but it is kinda weird when i am watching sportscenter and a guy with this tatline has a little montage of highlights dedicated to him. with shit like "look at this screen that left _____ open for this three" and "check out this tip of a missed free throw," etc. at that point, it's just stupid.
    This is exactly right!! The guy had a at best marginal game, against a horrible team and the highlights are edited to make it look like he had a triple double versus the 1980's pistons and hit the game winner at the buzzer. Why couldn't they just say " he has not played in a year and he was a little rusty" instead they misled the viewers entirely.

  8. #43
    James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-13
    Posts: 2,049
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    Who cares???? Gay, straight, transsexual. What does it matter???

    The Nets need a big. Collins fits the role.

    Get OVER IT!!!!!!!!

    Get over what exactly? I am not the least bit unhappy the Nets signed him. That was his stat line when I posted, game was still being played. Paco posted the final numbers for the game ITT.

    I agree that if any team should give him a shot it is the undersized nets. With Lopez out they have three players over 6'9" . One is a rookie ( too young) one is an 18 year NBA vet (too old) and none are taller then 6'11". Jason Collins is 7'0 and may be able to plug some holes for this team (ok that was bad).

    My complaint is that he says he wants to only be judged by his actions on the court and not to be a distraction and then he picks number 98 in honor of Mathew Shepard. This is not a critique of Mathew Shepard in anyway, of course the kid being killed because he was gay is horrible. They should fry the animals that did it. However if JC wants to use his spot on the Nets to promote the gay agenda then be honest about it. Don't say one thing and do the exact opposite.

  9. #44
    frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-13
    Posts: 3,407
    Betpoints: 3782

    Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    What I wrote is the BS of the western mass media? You have no clue what you are saying but keep making baseless statements and I will keep posting facts. First of all it's not the western mass media it's the American mass media.

    this is right off Wikipedia Russia page

    Homophobia in Russia: Public opinion in Russia tends to be among the most hostile toward homosexuality in the world—outside predominantly Muslim countries and some parts of Africa and Asia—and the level of intolerance has been rising.[16] A 2013 survey found that 74% of Russians said homosexuality should not be accepted by society (up from 60% in 2002), compared to 16% who said that homosexuality should be accepted by society.[17] In a 2007 survey, 68% of Russians said homosexuality is always wrong (54%) or almost always wrong (14%).[18] In a 2005 poll, 44% of Russians were in favor of making homosexual acts between consenting adults a criminal act;[19] at the same time, 43% of Russians supported a legal ban on discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[19] In 2013, 16% of Russians surveyed said that gay people should be isolated from society, 22% said they should be forced to undergo treatment, and 5% said homosexuals should be "liquidated".[20] In Russian psychiatry, Soviet mentality about homosexuality has endured into the present day.[21] For instance, in spite of the removal of homosexuality from the nomenclature of mental disorders, 62.5% of 450 surveyed psychiatrists in the Rostov Region view it as an illness, and up to three quarters view it as immoral behavior.[21] The psychiatrists sustain the ban on gay parades and the use of veiled schemes to lay off openly lesbian and gay persons from schools, child care centers, and other public institutions.[21]

    Now that your statements about Russia have been completely disproved I will give you the exact numbers on Europe in respect to homosexuality. So you don't look foolish a second time.


    the European Union is less then 50-50 when it comes to core issues in the gay agenda. 16/28 nations acknowledge gay relationships in some form and only 9/28 allow adoption.
    Central Europe
    8/11 nations recognize same sex relationships
    0/11 same sex marriage
    0/11 allow adoption by gays

    Eastern Europe
    0/6 recognize any of the issues, gay relationships, same sex marriage, allowing adoption

    Northern Europe
    6/10 recognize same sex relationships
    4/10 recognize same sex marriage
    4/10 allow adoption by gays

    Southern Europe
    3/18 recognize same sex relationships
    2/18 recognize same sex marriage
    3/18 allow gay adoption (2 more allow if gay person is single)

    Western Europe
    8/10 recognize same sex relationships
    4/10 recognize same sex marriage
    7/10 allow gays or adopt

    turkey and Kosovo partially recognized European states allow none of the three issues being discussed.
    How does your poll numbers disprove anything I said about Russia ??? What people think privately is their matter. Fact is gays are protected by the law and have the same rights as everybody except for the right to push their agenda and adopt children. I would really like to see the same honest poll numbers in USA or even Europe. I am sure a lot more than 5% would think that "homosexuals should be "liquidated" ". Also, if you trust any wikipedia articles about hot topics like gays in Russia, you are a complete tool.

  10. #45
    frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-13
    Posts: 3,407
    Betpoints: 3782

    Here is a fun article about a poster child for gay propaganda
    http://nypost.com/2013/09/21/new-boo...epard-killing/

  11. #46
    James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-13
    Posts: 2,049
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    I would really like to see the same honest poll numbers in USA or even Europe. I am sure a lot more than 5% would think that "homosexuals should be "liquidated" ". Also, if you trust any wikipedia articles about hot topics like gays in Russia, you are a complete tool.
    Actually the tool would be you since the data was from the Washington post, not a Wikipedia article. I will supply you with the link or is the Washington post also not to be trusted? That you think more then 5% of people want gays "liquidated" shows exactly how you really feel and it's not a pretty picture

  12. #47
    frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-13
    Posts: 3,407
    Betpoints: 3782

    Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Actually the tool would be you since the data was from the Washington post, not a Wikipedia article. I will supply you with the link or is the Washington post also not to be trusted? That you think more then 5% of people want gays "liquidated" shows exactly how you really feel and it's not a pretty picture
    Ah, once you run out of arguments and you do not want to face the truth, you resort to the usual BS personal accusations of homophobia. Next you will call me a closet homosexual for not being on board with pro-gay propaganda. As I said, I do not give a rats ass about what people do or think in private, as long as it is not being pushed in my face or breaks any laws. Cheerio, tool.

  13. #48
    MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-12
    Posts: 1,574
    Betpoints: 219

    Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Here is a fun article about a poster child for gay propaganda
    http://nypost.com/2013/09/21/new-boo...epard-killing/
    Nice find. Drugs, alcohol, love, and money are behind most murders. I have known lots of murders and have yet to meet one who gave a flying fuk about homosexuality.

    That said, Homosexuality is like most social trends, gradually moving left towards acceptance and tolerance. The poorer countries tend to be slightly behind in this respect as they are in most social issues. Even within America the most educated, sophisticated places like SF,NYC, and Sobe make homosexuality a non issue, who cares.

  14. #49
    tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-31-10
    Posts: 19,970
    Betpoints: 1021

    Too deep to talk about

  15. #50
    James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-13
    Posts: 2,049
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Ah, once you run out of arguments and you do not want to face the truth, you resort to the usual BS personal accusations of homophobia. Next you will call me a closet homosexual for not being on board with pro-gay propaganda. As I said, I do not give a rats ass about what people do or think in private, as long as it is not being pushed in my face or breaks any laws. Cheerio, tool.
    LOL me resorting to personal accusations ? Your first sentence in your first post to me said what I wrote was BS from the mass media. Personal accusations of homophobia? As usual wrong again. I don't think your a closet homosexual. But if you really think more then 5% of the world wants gays exterminated you are an a@@hole.

  16. #51
    7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-10
    Posts: 1,556

    lmfao

  17. #52
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    no one wants to backdown in the post against collins

    i wonder why

  18. #53
    Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-10
    Posts: 1,765
    Betpoints: 9513

    Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Get over what exactly? I am not the least bit unhappy the Nets signed him. That was his stat line when I posted, game was still being played. Paco posted the final numbers for the game ITT.
    My bad, James D, I apparently didn't read your post very closely or had another post in mind.

    He was wearing 98 before he came out of the closet and had never publicly stated why he chose that number. Changing it at this point in time might cause more issues than still wearing it.

    I know it was written he got a standing ovation, but a friend of mine who was watching the game said that was definitely an embellishment.

    Again, I apologize for my poorly judged earlier comments.

First 12
Top