1. #36
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,343
    Betpoints: 3190

    Nothing wrong with it

    The college way

    good for them

    NC with massive big wins this year

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  2. #37
    RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-12
    Posts: 15,996
    Betpoints: 8781

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post


    God the ACC is so fukkin soft all around.......UNC and Duke, most overrated rivalry I've ever seen.....Both fan bases are full of pretentious, wine and cheese jerkoffs
    Yup lol

  3. #38
    Regul8er
    Get Er Goin'
    Regul8er's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-06-07
    Posts: 8,694
    Betpoints: 8193

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Storming the court should be reserved for dinky doo schools or teams with losing records that knock off a top ten program. Otherwise, show some poise especially if you're supposed to be an elite program.
    I disagree strongly EP. Every court storm is a good court storm. Usually it's the student section....college kids, just having fun! No reflection on the players or on the program.....just fans having a good time. Lighten up pal.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2017


  4. #39
    isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-04-08
    Posts: 654
    Betpoints: 156

    The one team that really deserved to storm the court this year was Boston College after they beat Cuse. The biggest upset in REGULAR SEASON college basketball possibly ever. BC did storm the court, the players and coaches were jumping up and down all over the Cuse court and rightfully so. If that game was in BC they should have torn down the arena if they wanted.

  5. #40
    Squidder
    Squidder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-14
    Posts: 104
    Betpoints: 129

    Fans are just mega pumped. Give em a break.
    Last edited by Squidder; 02-21-14 at 09:57 AM.

  6. #41
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    And what they don't even realize is that the rivalry is over. At least from Duke's point of view. They feel betrayed by all the corruption and cheating over there in Chapel Hill. Plus UNC's program is on the downslide and has been for years. You watch, Syracuse is going to become Duke's biggest rival over the next decade as academic changes and looming NCAA sanctions slowly drag UNC into total mediocrity.

    Oh God, national championships in 05 and 09 and UNC is "on the downslide and have been for years". How many years? We haven't won the natty in four years and we're on a downslide and have been for years? Were we on a downslide 2 years ago when we were a 1 seed and Kendall Marshall broke his hand in the 2nd round?? But I agree, we've been on a TOTAL DOWNSLIDE since two years ago.

    You are a complete idiot. There really is nothing else to say. Save your banter for some other dookie. You're probably just pissed your team got its ass KICKED by a team on a TOTAL DOWNSLIDE.

  7. #42
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Oh God, national championships in 05 and 09 and UNC is "on the downslide and have been for years". How many years? We haven't won the natty in four years and we're on a downslide and have been for years? Were we on a downslide 2 years ago when we were a 1 seed and Kendall Marshall broke his hand in the 2nd round?? But I agree, we've been on a TOTAL DOWNSLIDE since two years ago.

    You are a complete idiot. There really is nothing else to say. Save your banter for some other dookie. You're probably just pissed your team got its ass KICKED by a team on a TOTAL DOWNSLIDE.
    I'm still confused by "they storm the court every year if they win at home/it's a tradition/you people are idiots for not knowing this" rant, followed by the video evidence that you are wrong.

  8. #43
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm still confused by "they storm the court every year if they win at home/it's a tradition/you people are idiots for not knowing this" rant, followed by the video evidence that you are wrong.

    Well, hackboy, here's a video of K actively stopping students from rushing the court at the UNC game last year. Roy doesn't have a stick up his ass and let's our students have fun after a big win. http://www.businessinsider.com/video...g-court-2013-2

  9. #44
    spk1313
    spk1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 127
    Betpoints: 1333




    Soooooo many haters here. Guessing it was a bad day for Duke fans and bettors alike. This UNC team is certainly not elite...yet. They are hot right now but have some hugely questionable losses on the road and home. And, bottom line, they were not considered a top 25 team going into this one and Duke was hot as hell and ranked top 5. Give the drunk college kids a break. This is the biggest rivalry in BASKETBALL, not just college ball - and the fans knew how huge this win was. UNC may now be in line for a top 4 seed if they finish strong.

    Haters gon hate I guess

  10. #45
    mahncpa
    mahncpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-19-09
    Posts: 341
    Betpoints: 3000

    So, since UNC is such a storied program, their fans should never storm the court? So the fans last night should have just cheered
    and been loud all game and then at the final buzzer, stop cheering and go home quietly? Part of being a UNC student is celebrating
    wins over your rival. You guys act like you were never 20 years old!! If they had not stormed the court, ESPN would have said they
    are "wine and cheese fans that are too proper to celebrate a victory over their rival". Either way, they get criticized. Part of sports
    and part of tradition, deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #46
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Not to mention this board has more squares than a scrabble board and almost all of them were on Duke. Bunch of brokedick 20 year olds whining about UNC rushing the court because they lost their lunch money on Duke.

  12. #47
    mahncpa
    mahncpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-19-09
    Posts: 341
    Betpoints: 3000

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Not to mention this board has more squares than a scrabble board and almost all of them were on Duke. Bunch of brokedick 20 year olds whining about UNC rushing the court because they lost their lunch money on Duke.
    Spot on my man!!!

  13. #48
    I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-11
    Posts: 7,940
    Betpoints: 3203

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Storming the court. Pathetic.
    Last chance they will have to do it this year

  14. #49
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Last chance they will have to do it this year
    I'm pretty sure we won't be storming the court after beating Wake and Notre Dame in our last two home games. And we won't have enough people there to storm the court after we win in Cameron.

  15. #50
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm still confused by "they storm the court every year if they win at home/it's a tradition/you people are idiots for not knowing this" rant, followed by the video evidence that you are wrong.
    http://www.replayphotos.com/dukephot...nc-75_4442.cfm

    Shall I continue?

  16. #51
    spk1313
    spk1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 127
    Betpoints: 1333

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Not to mention this board has more squares than a scrabble board and almost all of them were on Duke. Bunch of brokedick 20 year olds whining about UNC rushing the court because they lost their lunch money on Duke.
    Dead. On.

  17. #52
    jtoler
    Update your status
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 17,015
    Betpoints: 404

    Not a tradition for NC and Duke to storm the court no matter how frantically you scour the net to try and prove it to be.

  18. #53
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Yeah, you should. Because I've been watching this game for almost 30 years, and you said this:

    Duke storms the court when they beat UNC at home, and UNC storms the court when they beat Duke at home. It's a tradition and the only time it doesn't happen is when one team really does suck out loud. It will happen any close UNC-Duke game. If you didn't know that, you just finished watching your first UNC-Duke game, and you probably shouldn't be betting on anything college basketball related, because you don't know shit about it.
    Which is patently false.

    Let me guess -- you're 18, 19 tops. You post like a punk teenage fanboy who has his face painted baby blue.

  19. #54
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    I went to school there, I've been going to games for 23 years, I'm a season ticket holder, and it happens a lot. Circumstances may not dictate that it happens every year, but it happens very frequently and especially if there is anything on the line for either team. The above photo was a game when Duke was ranked 1 and we were ranked 3, and they stormed in the court in Cameron. #1 team in the country storming the court after a win. I mean, that's totally bush league RIGHT? NO number 1 TEAM should EVER storm the court, that's only for huge UPSET wins.......

    K publicly bitched about court storming last year when Duke players couldn't get off the court after Virginia game. K caught a lot of heat because he dashed into the locker room without his team leaving them out there to fend for themselves in the midst of a bunch of UVA fans going apeshit. That's why now he's Mr. stick up ass about court storming and was preventing dookies from storming the court last year even though they were clearly about to, notwithstanding being ranked higher than us in that game also.

  20. #55
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yeah, you should. Because I've been watching this game for almost 30 years, and you said this:



    Which is patently false.

    Let me guess -- you're 18, 19 tops. You post like a punk teenage fanboy who has his face painted baby blue.

    Dude, just face it, it happens all the time. If you've reduced yourself to arguing that it doesn't happen EVERY game, I'll concede that point. But it's a very common occurrence in UNC-Duke games, and I'll leave it at that.

  21. #56
    spk1313
    spk1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 127
    Betpoints: 1333

    duke-kid-crying1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Dude, just face it, it happens all the time. If you've reduced yourself to arguing that it doesn't happen EVERY game, I'll concede that point. But it's a very common occurrence in UNC-Duke games, and I'll leave it at that.
    Been watching both teams since I was 6. I'm 25 now and I can say I have seen duke storm the court at least 7-10 times against various squads. I'd say thats probably about on par with UNC.

    This whining is fkking entertaining I gotta say.

    duke-kid-crying1.jpg




    Attached Images  
    Last edited by spk1313; 02-21-14 at 02:33 PM.

  22. #57
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Remember when first place Duke stormed the court after beating last place Va. Tech on a buzzer beater?

    Once when I was in school, fuggin dook stormed the court because they were having a miserable season and won their first ACC game.

  23. #58
    spk1313
    spk1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 127
    Betpoints: 1333

    Hahaha priceless yep remember both


    Non Duke fans I'll give a pass for not knowing about these. But the dookies on this board are the best part of this whole thread. Completely delusional.

  24. #59
    The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-10
    Posts: 2,809
    Betpoints: 102

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Remember when first place Duke stormed the court after beating last place Va. Tech on a buzzer beater?

    Once when I was in school, fuggin dook stormed the court because they were having a miserable season and won their first ACC game.

    Crazy buzzer beaters are acceptable. Like I said earlier, if it had been R.Bullock or K.Marshall draining down that crazy three to win at the buzzer no one, not even the Duke fans, gives you guys crap about it. But by usual standards this year's Duke team is pretty damned mediocre. Can we not all admit that? They lost to Clemson and Notre Dame already. A couple weeks ago they were on the verge of falling out of the top 25. And that's court storming worthy?










    And I would think Coach K's telling the students to get back in their seats actually distinguishes Duke's higher standards. Dude was basically saying, "What the hell are you doing?!? We're not celebrating a win against an unranked team by taking the court. We're better than that. Stop acting like idiots."

  25. #60
    The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-10
    Posts: 2,809
    Betpoints: 102

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    I went to school there, I've been going to games for 23 years, I'm a season ticket holder, and it happens a lot. Circumstances may not dictate that it happens every year, but it happens very frequently and especially if there is anything on the line for either team. The above photo was a game when Duke was ranked 1 and we were ranked 3, and they stormed in the court in Cameron. #1 team in the country storming the court after a win. I mean, that's totally bush league RIGHT? NO number 1 TEAM should EVER storm the court, that's only for huge UPSET wins.......

    K publicly bitched about court storming last year when Duke players couldn't get off the court after Virginia game. K caught a lot of heat because he dashed into the locker room without his team leaving them out there to fend for themselves in the midst of a bunch of UVA fans going apeshit. That's why now he's Mr. stick up ass about court storming and was preventing dookies from storming the court last year even though they were clearly about to, notwithstanding being ranked higher than us in that game also.





    man you got that totally backwards. I was at that game. Coach K didn't catch flak for abandoning his players, he caught flak for losing his shit on the security guards because they weren't "protecting" his players well enough. It was ROY WILLIAMS who abandoned his players when he left the walkons on the court and went and hid in the lockerroom with the rest of them before the game was even over against Florida State a couple years ago. JESUS. Is there anything UNC fans won't lie about? You guys are fukking disgraceful.

  26. #61
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Madcap, you've been exposed as an NC State fan, nobody gives a shit what you say.

    But I'm bumping this because I find your delusion extremely amusing. Everyone should see it.

  27. #62
    The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-10
    Posts: 2,809
    Betpoints: 102

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Madcap, you've been exposed as an NC State fan, nobody gives a shit what you say.

    But I'm bumping this because I find your delusion extremely amusing. Everyone should see it.

    "Exposed"






    Dude I've been on SBR for years and anyone who knows me knows I'm a state alum. You ain't exposed jack shit. You think you're smart do ya? You're an idiot. The type of idiot that thinks anyone gives a fukk about what a two week rook says. You think your word's going to carry more weight here than mine?






    Dumbass.



    Enjoy that Marcus Paige dick friend. Be sure to wipe your chin afterwords. Your girlfriend told me he blows quite a load.

  28. #63
    MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-14
    Posts: 252
    Betpoints: 822

    Woof Woof!

First 12
Top