lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

First Hedge, Seeking Hockey and Soccer PRO help

Hello. I would like to hear opinions, advice, comments, etc on these two hedge bets (two sections, soccer and hockey)

TO WIN STANLEY
    Anaheim +750, St. Louis +800, Pittsburgh +450, Boston +700, Chicago +600

This is a +150 bet when you average it out. Of course the worry is the field. Let me know what you think

Another small soccer hedge play is this;
    TO WIN CL CUP
    Bayern at +190, Barcelona +380, Real Madrid +490

Averages to about the same - +148

This one I am less enthused about because I believe the field has better chance's than the former's, but let me know and thanks for lookin'

lucullus

bump

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273581

your +750 on Anaheim is a terrible value 9-1 easy to find.

those futures in NHL all seem like underlays, betting them all just makes it a disaster from a value standpoint.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

futures wagers are sucker bets simply because books actually charge a ton of juice on them. I personally would suggest picking 2 teams and going with it. For example in the NFL I really liked the Niners and took them midway through the season to win the NFC at +1200 or so when they were still in playoff contention. In the NBA I like the Clippers and took them when Paul was out when the public perception on them was low. Always try to get the best number because it really makes a difference. Have a strategy going into the season and have a team you like and wait till you get the best number on them. As far as your picks no clue who wins the NHL, but I have a futures wager on Chelsea I locked in during the group stages. The other teams are simply not worth betting at those numbers. +190 is simply not worth locking your money up for two and a half months

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

You are looking for "Pro" help... so I'm a just an average Joe and just curious how you came up with the averages +150 and +148. It looks like you know what you're doing here and smart enough to need any help. Just one comment, it's too early for any hedges.

lucullus

trytrytry, alot of the lines went up since I did the math on these bet's last night. tb1984 I simply averaged them

lucullus

Stanley Cup future is now down from 5D. Coincidence?